It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:02 pm 
ADMIN

A thread by request from Lurking Reader.

Not sure where this will go :)

IF there is enough interest we could make it a separate forum.. maybe threads for each State, but for now.. one thread for all

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 10:02 pm 

A couple comments re Police Week and a skewed Black Lives Matter police brutality map got me thinking how many events never make it to Twitter or public notice because the 'victims' are white and how many such as #DavidBaril are immediately blown out of proportion to fit the Black Lives Matter narrative. In fact today New York Times has an article regarding False Memory because two early witnesses were plainly discredited with the release of a surveillance videotape that proved David Baril was not running away or handcuffed as the witnesses said.

Since last August we have been inundated with images of people who died or survived interactions with police. On the flip side we are now seeing the police and public pushback with Officers killed and much has been made about the number of officers injured in the Baltimore riots. What we aren't seeing is the number of everyday events of violence unless an event stands out to fit the dueling narratives.

Looking at the TL of various police scanner accounts makes it plain officers are being targeted in unprovoked attacks and goaded into violent altercations. The immediate witness responses in NYC have me wondering how prevalent anti-police bias is. I'm wondering just how many events are happening, if they are primarily limited to urban areas or extending to less densely populated suburban and rural areas etc.

The idea of gathering data on police violence is daunting. The resourcefulness forum members have exhibited in putting names to arrested protesters in Feguson and elsewhere is the only reason for making this request.

Despite my personal stance as pro-police this isn't to prove a theory one way or another it's to simply gather information and see what it reveals. Each event should have ...

Date, time, location, violence initiator (officer or suspect) and other details as available such as gang or organizational affiliation, number and race of individuals involved, weapon including vehicles as weapon etc. whether event started with a 911 call or officer initiated contact and whatever other details seem relevant.

Lastly open mindedness and curiousity prompts the request for any ideas folks have on gathering and standardizing the collection of information. Thanks for any and all interest and help on this project.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 10:25 pm 
ADMIN

From CTH...

Kentucky Sheriff on Police Shooting: Thank God He Shot A White Guy…
Posted on May 14, 2015 by sundance

Clearly unstable bad guy steals a truck then leads a city police car on a chase. Bad guy then pulls over, reverses and rams police officer and vehicle, takes off again. Bad guy then encounters Sheriff officer, rams his car bursting it into flames – takes off again. Bad guy encounters third officer, pulls over and attacks officer while trying to take his gun. Officer shoots and wounds bad guy.

I doubt you could find a better representative video showing how various law enforcement agencies are fearful of doing their job amid the current anti-police climate. In this video the County Sheriff is almost apologetic for law enforcement having to do their job.

@12:30 of Video …”We are glad that he is white, and we shouldn’t
have to be worried about that. We do not want any backlash or violence
in this community because people have been misinformed”…

...more at link
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... white-guy/

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:29 am 

http://www.counton2.com/story/29070857/ ... cks-corner

Black male wearing mask Shot Berkley County Sheriff LT Will Rogers who is still in surgery according to posted link & other sources. The suspect hijacked a vehicle that was later abandoned.

Moncks Corner where it happened is a SC suburb about 20 miles Charleston where the April 9, 2015 Walter Scott event occurred.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 4:27 pm 
ADMIN

From CTH....

Officer Michael Brelo Found ‘Not Guilty’ of Manslaughter – 2012 Shooting Controversy Following 22 Minute Police Chase…
Posted on May 23, 2015 by sundance
#BLM and #FTP provocateurs are outraged and organizing protests. The video of the incident is below the fold – The Justice Department, Civil Rights Division, has promised to review the case and decision.

CLEVELAND – A judge ruled Saturday morning that Cleveland police officer Michael Brelo is not guilty of two charges of voluntary manslaughter in connection with the Nov. 29, 2012 police chase and shooting that ended in the deaths of two people.

Cuyahoga Common Pleas Judge John P. O’Donnell said that while Brelo did fire lethal shots at Timothy Russell and Malissa Williams, other officers did as well.

O’Donnell also concluded that Brelo was not guilty of the lesser included offense of felonious assault because he was legally justified in his use of deadly force.

Brelo, 31, was one of more than 100 police officers to participate in a 22-minute police chase, and one of 13 who shot at a 1979 Chevy Malibu. The shooting ended in the deaths of the driver, Timothy Russell and the passenger, Malissa Williams.

...more at link
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... ore-101318

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 9:41 pm 

Several have been arrested in Cleveland. Deray arrived with a busload from Ferguson earlier in the day.

Link to Live coverage of protests: http://www.wkyc.com/videos/news/local/2013/11/05/3311833/

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 9:55 pm 

Sorry I have no interest in this unless I am misunderstanding? I see no reason to go around looking for the 1% or less of bad cops. If an interesting or blatant case comes to light I am not against having a discussion about a particular bad cop but I think our good officers are having a rough enough go of it with the FTP crowd calling for their deaths and the scumbags who are ambushing and killing or shooting cops just because they are officers.

I don't feel a need to resurrect bad cop stories. Bad cops exist. Most cops are good. Criminals, even violent criminals out number bad cops by the thousands.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:29 pm 
ADMIN

Hi Carm
I dont quite know where this thread is headed.
I might insert an "alleged" in the title :)

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:46 pm 
ADMIN

From CTH...

Cleveland – 71 People Arrested During Riots Over Officer Michael Brelo Acquittal….
Posted on May 24, 2015 by sundance

OHIO – Police in riot gear made 71 arrests Saturday as protesters stormed the streets of Cleveland after a judge found a white city police officer not guilty in the deaths of two unarmed black suspects killed in a barrage of police gunfire.

The protesters gathered in downtown Cleveland and west side neighborhoods after the acquittal of patrolmen Michael Brelo.

In a news conference Sunday morning, Cleveland Police Chief Calvin Williams said people were arrested after a day of mostly peaceful protests turned more aggressive.

Officials said some protesters became violent and turned on bystanders, including some who pepper-sprayed patrons sitting at outdoor cafes downtown.

...more at link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgr5OHzgLIY

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:02 am 

Carmelita wrote:
Sorry I have no interest in this unless I am misunderstanding? I see no reason to go around looking for the 1% or less of bad cops. If an interesting or blatant case comes to light I am not against having a discussion about a particular bad cop but I think our good officers are having a rough enough go of it with the FTP crowd calling for their deaths and the scumbags who are ambushing and killing or shooting cops just because they are officers.

I don't feel a need to resurrect bad cop stories. Bad cops exist. Most cops are good. Criminals, even violent criminals out number bad cops by the thousands.

Hi Carm ...Idea was to highlight brutality towards police but the flip side is also important. Brelo was charged despite having been targeted by the deceased in a vehicle.

This is becoming more and more commonplace that the deceased is deceased because the cop was targeted and defended themselves. IG Denver (can't recall guys name off top of head but Stackz went out there to amplify it for them)

Brelo wasn't a bad cop...he was a cop that in 2.6 seconds after a 22 minute high speed chase had his entire world turned upside down & career ended just like Darren Wilson...neither will police the communities they loved...both will live with targets on their lives along with their loved ones lives.

Bottom line it isn't just our Police being targeted ...it is the entirty of U.S. governance systems.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:34 pm 

Thanks for clarifying Lurking Reader :)

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:30 am 

Rumpole wrote:
Officer Michael Brelo Found ‘Not Guilty’ of Manslaughter – 2012 Shooting Controversy Following 22 Minute Police Chase…

Here is an article that includes at the bottom the Judges judgement document. (although it is missing page 22?)

http://www.cleveland.com/court-justice/ ... aj-story-1