It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:47 pm 

:28 Hi Carm, happy weekend to ya!

...but from what I have read I just don't see schizophrenia presented in Routh.

Again, you are spot on with your analyses. Just about every thing you have stated recently, was testified to yesterday by the Prosecution's rebuttal expert. :) I believe I read that they have one more to call on Monday, don't know if expert or not. I want to do some serious fact finding this weekend. ;) I will be there again on Monday.

Have a good one! :69

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:28 pm 

Hi Molly :69

I wish I could sit in and see it first hand. I did see one of the Defense's witnesses was a social worker who really has no business talking about a mental health diagnosis, I imagine the prosecution witnesses will shred the defense pretty handsomely.

Ciao!

Carm

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:50 pm 

Veteran was high on pot and NOT schizophrenic when he shot dead Chris Kyle, says prosecution psychologist who claims he copied insanity plea from SEINFELD

He and another prosecution expert, Dr. Michael Arambula, said Routh's actions do not meet the legal definition of insanity under state criminal law.

'Any time intoxication is present, the game is over,' Arambula testified.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -jury.html

Interesting, I wonder how much of this is opinion and how much is law.

I wonder what the law is in Texas when a mentally ill person makes themselves a dangerous person, a murderer, through drug/alcohol abuse.Dr. Arambula is pretty matter of fact in his assessment.

My guess is that Routh is up a creek, well if it was a bench trial that would be my guess, jurors are just such a crap shoot, I wouldn't place any bets on the verdict.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:16 pm 

‘American Sniper’ trial draws daily regulars

Dallas Morning News
By TASHA TSIAPERAS
21 February 2015 11:23 PM

STEPHENVILLE — Days before the capital murder trial of an ex-Marine accused of killing former Navy SEAL Chris Kyle and another man, Robert Blevins got a feeling he needed to head to Texas.

The Oklahoma retiree had never watched a trial before, but something about this one was nagging at him.

“Something told me, ‘You need to go to this trial,’” Blevins said. “I came here to honor a hero. I just wanted to see what took this man’s life.”

Blevins, wearing a dark-colored suit and clutching a yellow legal pad, was one of the first people to line up outside the Erath County courthouse two weeks ago to attend the first day of the trial.

But dozens of other spectators join him each day, getting up before sunrise to compete with media hordes for about 100 seats in the courtroom.

Some, like Blevins, have traveled hundreds of miles for the historic trial. Some are inquisitive townsfolk. Some are Kyle’s old friends.

But all of them are here to see firsthand what happens to Eddie Ray Routh, the man accused of killing America’s deadliest sniper and his best friend, Chad Littlefield, at a shooting range near Glen Rose.

David Landrum sits in the back of the Erath County courtroom with his hat tucked under his seat to mourn his lost friend.

As a student at Tarleton State University, Kyle worked at Landrum’s Bluff Dale ranch.

“I made a man out of him, and he was tough enough to take it,” Landrum, 68, said last week outside the courthouse.

Landrum gets a tip-of-the-hat from Kyle in his bestselling book, American Sniper. He’d lost track of Kyle over the years until he saw the news that his former ranch hand had been shot in February 2013.

The trial has been tough to take, but it has given Landrum the chance to meet Kyle’s widow, Taya. She teared up when she met Landrum, and he gave her some mementos from Kyle’s ranching days.

Moments like those have been what makes attending the trial worthwhile.

Air Force veteran Jim Walton met Kyle’s dad after the elder Kyle saw Walton sitting in court one day with a Vietnam War ball cap on his knee.

Kyle’s dad shook Walton’s hand and thanked him for his service.

“That made this trial special for me,” Walton said.

...more at link

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/headlines/20150221-american-sniper-trial-draws-daily-regulars.ece

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:59 am 

Monday, 23 February 2015

NO trial today due to the Texas Ice Storm.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:51 pm 

Hi Molly :69

Thanks for the update and the article. It was interesting to read the opinion of the guy who employed Chris as a ranch hand.

Do you get any impression from Routh ? Does he talk a lot? Seem aware of what is going on? He has to be considered competent by the court to understand and assist in his defense, do you know if the defense tried for an incompetency ruling? Do you know if he is a hospital section or the general population?

Sorry to ask so many questions :roll if you don;t know it's ok you just seem to know a lot more than me.

Routh has the dough boy pasty prison body/skin of high starch low sunshine inmates :78

Thanks

Carm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:56 pm 

Hey Carm, :28

Sorry, but I only know what I have witnessed in court. Routh seems very lucid and normal to me, just going through the motions. He is in solitary confinement in the county jail. I will double check on that to see if anything changed "during trial".

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I will be away for a while, checking in when I can. Will keep in touch via PM at the least. :69

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:12 pm 

‘American Sniper’ trial

Tuesday, 24 February 2015

11:00AM CST
More rebuttal witnesses this morning. Closing arguments could happen as early as this afternoon.
Live broadcast of closing arguments is not allowed by court ruling. Verdict will be live on various DFW websites.

Ryan J. Howard, crime scene analyst is on the stand without jury present. He is a shooting incident reconstruction expert witness.

11:15AM
Howard is qualified by the Court as next state rebuttal witness.

Howard: Two shots on Chris Kyle immediately incapacitated him. One went through his cheek into his spinal cord. Routh was close when shooting him. The tight cluster of bullet wounds in Kyle shows he absolutely never saw it coming and was definitely not facing the shooter. Chad Littlefield was shot in back and head. Blood analysis is consistent with no movement after being shot. He believes Littlefield was shot in the head while on his knees and was shot first; Kyle was shot last. He testified both men were killed quickly and at close range.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:27 pm 

Tried to catch up on the articles and your comments, Carmelita and Molly. And good to see that you can be there at the trial, Molly. Very interesting. Thanks for updates to everyone.

If it's true that he sad to a relative that he sold his soul for a truck then I'd think that right then he knew what he had done was wrong at the time he did the murder But if he was on drugs and alcohol and especially if on K2 or even something like bath salts, those drugs seem to affect people in a way that they come off overly paranoid and delusional. So it may be too hard to understand if he was actually sane at the time. It will probably depend a lot on the technicality of Texas laws.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:56 pm 
ADMIN

Hi Packy :28

Ken Kalthoff@enKalthoffNBC5

Witness says bloodstains indicate victims never moved after wounds.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:09 pm 
ADMIN

Ken Kalthoff@KenKalthoffNBC5
Dunn found Routh w/schizophrenia @time of crime, was mentally ill, unaware of right & wrong @NBCDFW #AmericanSniper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:19 pm 
ADMIN

Star-Telegram@startelegram
#ChrisKyle had no chance to defend himself, expert testifies #snipertrial

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:22 pm 
ADMIN

Jim Douglas WFAA@wfaajdouglas
#snipertrial Erath co District Judge now reading charge to jurors. Lawyers will then make closing statements.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:24 pm 
ADMIN

Assistant AG begins Eddie Routh trial close for state at 4:20 pm @NBCDFW #AmericanSniper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:18 pm 
ADMIN

Fort Worth Attorney Tim Moore closes now for Routh. @NBCDFW #AmericanSniper

Moore tells jurors to use evidence, not pressure from neighbors or church. @NBCDFW #AmericanSniper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:22 pm 
ADMIN

Tasha Tsiaperas@ttsiaperas
Defense attorneys have finished their closing arguments. Prosecutor Alan Nash now finishing closing for state. #snipertrial

DA Alan Nash closes "we have heard for two weeks about excuses." @NBCDFW #AmericanSniper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:34 pm 
ADMIN

Jim Ryan@jimryantx
Taya Kyle retreats into the DA office, then walks out of the building, clearly upset. Closing arguments continue.

Taya Kyle upset at conclusion of defense atty Shay Isham's closing statement, slammed courtroom door as she left @NBCDFW #AmericanSniper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:15 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
Jim Ryan@jimryantx
Taya Kyle retreats into the DA office, then walks out of the building, clearly upset. Closing arguments continue.

Taya Kyle upset at conclusion of defense atty Shay Isham's closing statement, slammed courtroom door as she left @NBCDFW #AmericanSniper

GOOD for her. Seems she has been perfectly passive throughout the entire trial. She needs to do what is best for her to cope with and endure this absurd defense theory. Bless her.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:28 pm 
ADMIN

They dont piss about in Texas...

GUILTY!!!

The Washington Times@WashTimes
Eddie Ray Routh guilty in murder of 'American Sniper' Chris Kyle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:30 pm 
ADMIN

Routh is sentenced to life in prison @NBCDFW #AmericanSniper

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next