It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 10:43 am 

Annie Gay is a friend of mine, long story short, my dads friend met her when she was 17 and an exotic dancer in Canada, he brought her back here, they has a tumultuous relationship, she lived with my family on and off, while I was growing up. She had addiction problems and so on. Last June she disappeared, murdered by her live in boyfriend, << (my opinion), he tried to blow up their house with himself in it after he became a viable suspect in her disappearance, he is currently in jail on arson charges after being hospitalized with burns over 70% of his body.

I can start a thread about (?) maybe yes with Rumpoles approval, since it is OT for here.

Man charged in Joliet home explosion; Girlfriend still missing
10/22/13, by WGN Web Desk

A man has been charged with arson in the explosion that leveled a Joliet home this summer. Police arrested James Borg this morning as he left the Rehab Institute. He was found in the wreckage of the home back in July....

...more at link
http://wgntv.com/news/stories/joliet-ho ... ing-woman/

Post subject: Move
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 11:50 am 

Reading about your friend now. Will reply later. :)

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:05 pm 

Skimmed through a handful of articles. If it weren't for the arson I'd ask you if you thought she might have disappeared on purpose to save her life. The arson makes no sense if that were true, though. Sounds like he blew up the house to destroy any and all evidence of a murder. Or, he's stupid and blew it up for insurance but didn't know how to make it look accidental?

Anyway....very sorry for your friend and sympathy to you. What an awful thing to have a friend vanish.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:00 pm 

Thank you for your sympathies.

There is more information which unfortunately I can't talk about as it could compromise the case. She is dead. Would she have disappeared on her own? Possibly but not without touching base with her daughter, (and her beloved grandson). More likely he would have disappeared if she saw this coming. That said, I had not seen her in probably 5 years? She had problems, and was by no means a model citizen but she was on a wait list for her second stay at a rehabilitation center, she had been clean and sober 3 years and then had surgery, and became addicted again which lead to alcohol abuse and the whole mad cycle.

Anyhow Annie is who brought me into the world of "Crime/Gossip Forums" .

I do hope we find her remains as it would bring some semblance of peace to her daughter.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:42 am 

Suspect in Anne Gay disappearance may get plea deal

http://www.theherald-news.com/2014/06/1 ... l/ajtg68r/