It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:32 pm 

Oops! Ben Crump. et al .is at it again..............Florida cop killed man with car.......

Family already received over $500,000 settlement but are upset because the officer, who was fired, was not indicted on criminal charges. :10

But, of course, we know that they need an arrest in order to file civil suits. That's where Crump comes in.... :WW

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/336615 ... by-officer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:36 am 

forensicpsy wrote:
Oops! Ben Crump. et al .is at it again..............Florida cop killed man with car.......

Family already received over $500,000 settlement but are upset because the officer, who was fired, was not indicted on criminal charges. :10

But, of course, we know that they need an arrest in order to file civil suits. That's where Crump comes in.... :WW

The thing that bothers me about this is that this person with a rap sheet a mile long runs from the cops and then the officer is the one responsible for his death. I think the second you run you should give up all of your rights to any liability settlements. We need to change the laws.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:22 pm 

forensicpsy wrote:

I don't understand why the officer was fired. He couldn't stop in time and ran over the subject. I hope he gets his job back on appeal.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:33 pm 

murderbythebook wrote:
I don't understand why the officer was fired. He couldn't stop in time and ran over the subject. I hope he gets his job back on appeal.

Now the plot thickens. :doh

Crump's paws are all over this....look at the picture of Marlon Brown that was submiitted to the media. He must have been about 12 or 13 years old. :roll

"Funeral director contradicts ME's report on man struck, killed by former DeLand officer"

From the article:

"The medical examiners report says that Brown was't hit by the vehicle,but slipped and

was run over. In the video, however, it appear Brown was struck.

That medical examiner's autopsy was done by Dr. Shiping Bao, the same examiner who did Trayvon Martin's' autopsy that offered conflicting testimony during George Zimmerman's trial. He has since been fired from his position.

Crump is questioning what was presented to the grand jury and how it was presented.

The State Attorney's Office sent the case to a grand jury, but jurors decided charges were not warranted against Harris.

Harris, however, was eventually fired from the department."

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/fun ... uck/nZ6Yx/

Edit to fix broken quote ~liesel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:52 am 

mung wrote:
The thing that bothers me about this is that this person with a rap sheet a mile long runs from the cops and then the officer is the one responsible for his death. I think the second you run you should give up all of your rights to any liability settlements. We need to change the laws.

Careful what you wish for! The previous record of the victim had NOTHING to do with the cops chasing him that evening. The pursuit started because the victim was not wearing a seatbelt, a law in place to dictate how you MUST try to prevent hurting yourSELF.

It was stupid to run from the law, for whatever reasons may have had him running, but you do not lose your right to life for running from the law because you did not adhere to persnal safety rules.

If we give the law the immunity in a situation like this, where do they stop?

"...And when they came for me, there was no one left to speak out for me.”

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:39 pm 

He was running because he had drugs in the car.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:33 pm 

"Volusia County Sheriff's Office Deputy John Szabo had tried to stop Marlon Brown for not wearing a seat belt. He did not continue his pursuit, however, when Brown failed to stop.

Brown had two women with him, Shanmeisha Johnson, who was in the front seat, and Ingrid Hellstrom, who was in the back. The three had just stopped to pick up Casie Jones and Laheia Olivera, who had been walking down the street.

The women told investigators they thought picking up the two white women was what attracted the deputy's attention."

The women all begged Brown to pull over, but Brown kept saying, "I'm not going back to jail. I can't do it. … I can't. I can't. I just can't....'

also

'He (The ME) determined the death was accidental. He also found painkillers and anti-anxiety drugs in Brown's system, but said they were at therapeutic levels such as would have been prescribed by a doctor." (Right.....his doctor :roll )

http://www.beacononlinenews.com/news/daily/6396

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:56 pm 

"Crucial Moments from DeLand Police ViedoCam Disappears in Marlon Brown Case"

http://www.beacononlinenews.com/news/daily/6413

Crump will have a field day with this. :lol

ETA: Thanks for the thread. :28

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:07 am 

forensicpsy wrote:

Perhaps they should have declined the half million+ settlement.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:31 am 

forensicspy - glad to help. :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:36 am 

mung wrote:
He was running because he had drugs in the car.

Whatever the victim did or had done does not provide the officer a pass to run over him. The kindest conclusion I can reach is that the officer was an idiot, one which never had control of his vehicle while driving on the grass.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:52 am 

I haven't read up on this case; just have a very basic idea at this point. However, I will suggest that hiring Crump makes me skeptical of the family's position. It seems to me that if there were a solid case, they'd hire a reputable lawyer, not a shyster extortionist, which is how I view Crump. kwim?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:42 pm 

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162- ... -examiner/

"Marlon Brown: Family of Florida Man Run Down by Police File Complaint Against Medical Examiner"

From the article:

'Brown family attorney Benjamin Crump tells CBS News' Crimesider that he believes the reason the grand jury failed to indict Harris was that the autopsy, signed by Dr. Marie Herrmann, determined that there was no evidence the car struck Brown - a conclusion the family's complaint says defies "logic, common sense, and seemingly scientific principle."

:59

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:25 pm 

Thanks, forensicspy. Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it, kwim? Just cos Crump says it, well, that's one very good reason for me to not believe a word.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:07 pm 

Crump is questioning what was presented to the grand jury and how it was presented.

We accept this as no big deal but who the hell does he think he is? Many of his comments are so insulting, they do not warrant printing.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:58 am 

I strongly agree, jordan2. I'm not even inclined to take a minute to look through the family's story to see if there is anything to it, because of Crump.

I don't believe anything he says, period. I know he lies, period. I know he distorts and flat-out makes things up, period. Why would I have even the slightest interest in anything he says?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:51 pm 

A white ambulance chaser could never get away with this crap.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:56 pm 

Here we go again.

Brown's attorney, Ben Crump, says, "You see him come around two other cars that had stopped their pursuit. He goes through the back yard and he goes through the vegetable garden. If you don't call that reckless, I don't know what you call it. He was executed in a vegetable garden for an alleged seat belt violation."

Crump has filed a complaint against the chief medical examiner, Dr. Marie Herrmann. Crump says, "Dr. Shiping Bao says he wanted to put in the report that it was a traumatic homicide. However, he was told he could not put that in the autopsy report. Then, subsequent, Dr. Herrmann puts in the autopsy report the manner of death as an accident; which is totally contradictory to what Dr. Shiping Bao wanted to put."

Krystal Brown says, "With God on our side, he's going to see us through this all the way to the end. We're just trying to get justice."

An FDLE spokesperson says they will review the complaint and gather additional documents. She says all documents will then be given to the Chair of the Medical Examiners Commission, who will determine where to go from there.

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/Fa...225546952.html

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:11 pm 

jordan2 - it does seem he's trying to gin up another race hoax, imo.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:15 pm 

Thanks, taurus. Relying on already discredited Bao? :Gslap Self-discredited at the GZ trial, and discredited again when he was fired. I mean, how bad does someone have to be to risk re-opening every case he's ever worked on? :Gslap