It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:54 pm 

Krystal Brown says, "With God on our side, he's going to see us through this all the way to the end. We're just trying to get justice."

She meant that they are just trying to get more money.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:12 pm 

Absolutely, jordan2. $500k wasn't enough, apparently.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:46 pm 

jordan2 wrote:
Krystal Brown says, "With God on our side, he's going to see us through this all the way to the end. We're just trying to get justice."

She meant that they are just trying to get more money.

Yup! And that's where Crump comes in.

From the article:

"Complaint Filed Against Volusia Medical Examiner"

"In her Sept. 27 letter to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's Medical Examiner Commission, Krystal Brown said the doctor who autopsied Brown told her he concluded Brown had died in a "traumatic homicide," but that his boss told him not to put that conclusion in the official report.

That doctor, Shiping Bao, was fired five days before his boss, Medical Examiner Dr. Marie Hermann, finalized the Brown report.

In that report, Herrmann listed the cause of death as an accident, concluding that Marlon Brown had suffocated after he "slipped and fell and then the police car came to a stop on top of him."

Also:

"Krystal Brown and the family's attorney Benjamin Crump delivered the letter of complaint to the Medical Examiner's Commission in Tallahassee Sept. 27, Crump spokesman Ryan Julison said."

Julison is Crump's spokesman!! :Gslap That's why the media received a photo of Marlon Brown when he was twelve!

http://www.beacononlinenews.com/news/daily/6430

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:34 pm 

Same scheme team, different family scam. I want to laugh... really I do... but just can't stop SMH.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:32 pm 

liesel wrote:
Same scheme team, different family scam. I want to laugh... really I do... but just can't stop SMH.

Exactly! You put it so well

"Same scheme team, different family scam"

:WW

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:55 pm 

Wonder how long before we see a Marlon Brown Foundation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:32 pm 

Hiya, taurus! I'd guess we'll see the "foundation" as soon as they have some money to launder, and/or as soon as they think they can get government grants to fund it.

forensicspy - sickening, isn't it? And taurus is no doubt correct - they'll be getting government grants for a "foundation" soon, no doubt. And they can quit their jobs (if they had any) and tour the country whining about how their criminal son was running from LE because he "won't go back to jail" and ended up dying during the commission of a crime, while endangering LE and private citizens. :wall

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:14 pm 

sickening

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:03 pm 

I have nothing good to say about Crump or Bao... the officer, imo, was driving the vehicle in a reckless manner. He certainly did not have it under control and a human being is dead as a result of such.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:51 pm 

I haven't followed this closely and haven't seen the dashcam video that I am guessing is what you base your opinion on. My comments have been pretty much about Crump and company.

OTOH, the man was resisting arrest. I'm not suggesting that is a death penalty offense, but it is a crime. He put himself into the position he was in.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:40 pm 

kbp wrote:
I have nothing good to say about Crump or Bao... the officer, imo, was driving the vehicle in a reckless manner. He certainly did not have it under control and a human being is dead as a result of such.

I am with you one this. But with that said we don't know what evidence was given to the GJ. I have faith in the justice system so I am okay with the no bill. And the officer was fired. And the family got the 500k.

The thing that bothers me most is that the family accepted a 500k payment prior and methinks they don't have that kind of money laying around to repay the city. It just screams of More! More! More!

What is even more laughable is that Crump is relying, yet again, on Dr. Bao who, at this point, could not be rehabilitated in a court of law.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:31 pm 

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/ ... 2C+Answers)#

Check out the picture of Marlon from 25 years ago. :Gslap Julison's prints are all over this.

"Same scheme team, different family" - (Courtesy of liesl)

From the article:

"Through their attorney Benjamin Crump, who also represented the Trayvon Martin family, Brown’s family has now sent an official letter to Florida’s Medical Examiner's Commission, the board that monitors conduct of medical examiners throughout the state and metes out discipline for misconduct.

They also sent the letter to Florida Governor Rick Scott and Attorney General Pam Bondi. In addition to seeking a new inquiry into Brown’s death, the letter says that Bao originally ruled the death a homicide, but that Hermann intervened and changed the finding to an accidental death.

Contacted by the news agency Reuters, a Volusia County spokesperson simply said, “The autopsy speaks for itself.”

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:48 pm 

"Contacted by the news agency Reuters, a Volusia County spokesperson simply said, “The autopsy speaks for itself.” "

Unfortunately for the Zimmerman prosecution, they called Dr. Bao to the stand instead.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:13 pm 

It just screams of More! More! More!

Nuff said..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:26 am 

Officer Disciplined for Inappropriate Comment to Marlon Brown's Daughter"

"According to the report, Jones admitted he said, "with that attitude she's going to end up like Mr. Brown," referring to Brown's 13-year-old daughter Armani Brown.

Jones encountered the teen when he stopped a group of teenagers from allegedly throwing rocks at a closed business in late May.

According to Jones, he didn't mean to imply that Armani Brown would end up dead like her father, but that she would end up in trouble with the law."

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/office ... index.html

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:40 am 

Another train wreck in progress.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:31 am 

I hear in the wind Crump is also involved in the WhiteHouse DC crasher case.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:09 am 

prolly........He has become the Lone Ranger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:45 pm 

"Family Fights Uphill Battle for Criminal Charges Against Cop Who Killed Deland Man"

From the article:

'As a new employee, Harris was on probation when the crash occurred. After watching the video, DeLand Police Chief William Ridgway fired Harris for acting carelessly during the short pursuit.

Mazin said Harris is unlikely to ever face charges unless the family's attorney, Benjamin Crump — who represented Trayvon Martin's family — can find additional evidence.

Short of that, "I don't see why the State Attorney's Office would ignore the grand jury and independently file (charges) against this police officer," Mazin said.

The Brown family intends to keep up the fight."

Bless their hearts . :heart I guess half a million wasn't enough.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/201 ... deland-man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:04 am 

forensicspy wrote:
Bless their hearts . :heart I guess half a million wasn't enough.

LOL

Edit to fix quote ~liesel