It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Crime Stats - discussion
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:45 pm 

I saw this and I was STUNNED:

Quote:
White people who kill black people in 'Stand Your Ground' states are 354% more likely to be cleared of murder

And then I read the link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2363939/White-people-kill-black-people-Stand-Your-Ground-states-354-likely-cleared-murder-Fresh-questions-self-defence-law-wake-Zimmerman-verdict.html#comments

And, you know what I found? Buried way at the bottom was this little tidbit:

Quote:
Plus there are less white-on-black shootings in the FBI data -only 25 total in both the Stand Your Ground and non-Stand Your Ground states

Now, keep in mind this started out as 45,000 shootings, and the criteria was tightened until they got it down to 5,000 shootings that involved a single gunman and a single victim that did not know each other.

25 out of 5,000 shootings were white on black shootings.

Post subject: Crime Stats - discussion
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:36 am 

A thread to post and discuss crime stats.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:17 am 

Funny you should open this thread...I'm looking for stats on self defense cases, not SYG but standard self defense, that didn't result in an arrest. The counterclaim of those who don't want the current violent attacks on whites compared to GZ/TM is because GZ wasn't arrested immediately and the other perpetrators were. Never mind GZ's case was standard self defense and the others were random, senseless acts of violence.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:19 pm 

Amen, flgirl543. Well said. I haven't had a chance to do any digging, but it seems to be a topic that keeps coming up here and there. Whatever you find, please post it, of course. If you run across any posts that should be moved to here, please lmk. I already know MzDazie has a good post in the crime snippets thread that I should move. But, you know, priorities... and mine right now is lunch! :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:20 pm 

Actually, MzDazie's post may have links to info that will be helpful to your goal. I'll go find it and bring it over. :)

Edit: It's up above now. :)