It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: move
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:16 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:32 pm 

I find it hard to believe this man was selling drugs, but we'll see in time.

I don't even know why this criminal brought it up since it doesn't affect the crime.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:42 pm 
ADMIN

The same "defence" was used in at least one of the "Christian-Newsom" rape/murder/torture trials. That the couple were supplying drugs to the group of scum. In that case to slightly offset the horror of the crime, I guess and avoid the DP. It didn't work. It upset the public even more to be "blaming the victims" and may have effected the jury too.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:47 pm 

The only reason I can see is that he is trying to explain why he is on tape in the area, since that is proof he was there.

I don't see how anyone can take it seriously unless there is prior proof of drug activity.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:01 pm 

O'Mara's blog set me to having second thoughts about this case too. Just as when the media blitz first came out about the Zimmerman case, I thought then I should just remain on the fence until more concrete evidence comes out. In this case, however, I'm pretty sure my opinion will be that these teens murdered the vet for reasons other than the cocaine, probably because he was white and vulnerable. But to be certain, I'll wait for more evidence.

See his blog here:
http://omaralawblog.com/index.php/8-blo ... rty-benton

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:16 pm 

FreeGZ wrote:
Mark O'Mara @Markomaralaw
Blog: The Alleged Murder of Delbert "Shorty" Benton - http://ow.ly/olMDO

Read this 8/27 report that was all over the news and then read O'Mara's blog linked above.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08 ... ictim?lite

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:12 pm 

O'Mara wrote:
"I was deeply moved by the story that “Shorty” was wounded in Okinawa in World War II, but I haven’t independently verified that fact."

Mom, I can't believe you said that. Why is it important to you whether this elderly man who was beaten to death was wounded or not? There are two black teenagers who are now lying about him, that murdered him. And, they have admitted to being there and doing the dirty deed. MOM, what are you talking about?

Why didn't you write a statement this long when you first took George's case? Why did you let it go on for so long that you did little to refute the lies that were being spread? Why are you now speaking up for this garbage? Why? :wall

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:33 am 

He was making the point that just because you saw it on the news is no guarantee that it's absolutely accurate.

Matt Gutman of ABC told us all that Witness 8 was 16.

How many times was George's call to the non-emergency number referred to as a 911 call?

And speaking of calls, remember how his 46 calls over a period of 8 years were originally reported as having taken place over something like 18 months?

Not to mention the "iced tea" that was never iced tea.

Or the NBC affiliate's version of the NEN call.

And those you refer to as 2 black teenagers?

One of them's only half black, but that detail didn't make it into early reports.

"...just because you saw it on the news is no guarantee that it's absolutely accurate."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:06 am 

I refused to form opinion about the Zimmerman case from the news media's stories. I wanted to wait for official facts and evidence, not rumors and twisted agendas. I think I should do the same with all cases including this one about the vet. However, my opinion at the moment is that those teens did exactly what has been reported. I base that opinion on the fact they have been arrested by LE and I know that LE usually has enough evidence of a crime before making an arrest. So my opinion is leaning in that direction. But I differ from O'Mara in that I'm not a defense attorney and don't think like one.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:05 am 

I have an idea, lets say they are telling the truth. They have now not only admitted to murder but admitted to buying drugs, so add the drug charges.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:30 am 

I like the way you think, mung! :D