It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:53 am 

I've never understood how anyone could see this as self-defense - the perp, Jude, says he couldn't drive away without hitting the dog. Better to kill Adkins than risk hitting the dog??!!?

MichaelDaly wrote:
The Reverse Travyon Martin Case and the Other George Zimmerman

As in the Martin case, the accused killed an unarmed young man and claimed he was justified in using deadly force because he had feared he might suffer serious bodily harm.

But in the Arizona case, the gunman was black and the victim was Hispanic, not the other way around. And, should 22-year-old Cordell Jude be convicted of murder in the shooting of 29-year-old Daniel Adkins, no doubt some people will point to George Zimmerman’s acquittal and say the determining difference was the race of the accused.

The victim in the Arizona case, Adkins, was mentally disabled and was estimated to have a mental age of 13. Adkins was walking his yellow lab, Sandy, in Laveen on the evening of April 3, 2012, when he cut through the parking lot of a Taco Bell. He came around a blind corner of the drive-in lane just as an SUV pulled up. Jude was at the wheel. His pregnant fiancée was beside him.

“What the hell, you almost hit me!” Adkins reportedly exclaimed. “Watch where the f--- you’re going!”

Jude pulled a .40 caliber automatic pistol from the waistband of his sweatpants and fired once. He would say afterward that Adkins had threatened him with a pipe-like object and that he could not drive off because the dog was blocking his way. Police would not find evidence that Adkins had anything but the dog leash in his hand. Sandy remained at Adkins’s side as he bled to death on the pavement.

Read more at The Daily Beast. Caution: It's the daily beast, so the author's primary point is it's wrong to have a gun and the 2nd amendment is bad.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:01 am 

Another note: According to the article, this happened 37 days after GZ defended himself against TM™. There's no way to know, of course, but I gotta wonder... kwim?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:20 am 

I mean really have we all gone crazy? This is one of the reasons I joined RT. I needed some sanity~

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:52 am 

Sign of excellent mental health - joining RT! :D

I'm with you on this - how can anyone, and I mean ANYONE, see this as self defense?!?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:30 pm 
ADMIN

H/T Mung for suggesting a thread for this case

Exclusive: Update in Daniel Adkins Case a.k.a. the “Reverse Trayvon Martin Case”
Tuesday, July 9, 2013 15:48

In what has been dubbed, the “reverse Trayvon Martin Case,” an unarmed Hispanic, Daniel Adkins, 29, was shot and killed on April 3, 2012 by Cordell Lamar Jude.
Daniel’s devastated family waited months for his killer to be arrested. Jude claimed self-defense at the time. In July, Jude was finally arrested but on unrelated drugs and weapons charges. He was finally indicted on July 27.
The family has been practically alone in their vigil, as the mainstream media has utterly failed to tell this story, which is detailed
here.
http://www.examiner.com/list/reverse-tr ... b_articles

Today, the Examiner spoke with Jerry Cobb, the Public Information Officer for the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office, who gave an update on Cordell Jude’s status. Jude was released on his own recognizance, despite the fact that court documents revealed that he associates with gang members “who are currently committing drive-bys”.
While awaiting the trial, set for August 14, Jude failed a drug test. Instead of going back to jail, Jude is still allowed to go outside his house, while he gets “ramped up” supervision.

....more at link
http://beforeitsnews.com/scandals/2013/ ... 31666.html

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:33 pm 
ADMIN

Daniel Adkins Killer Not Arrested in Arizona Stand Your Ground Case

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:34 pm 
ADMIN

Daniel Adkins "Reverse Ttrayvon Martin" Case Begins August

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:44 pm 

While I am happy that there seems to finally be some movement on this case. The term reverse Trayvon Martin case couldn't be more accurate. How this murderer has been allowed to walk the streets, smoking pot, being involved with drive by shootings and no one even blinks an eye, is just amazing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:05 pm 
ADMIN

I know nothing about this case... so discuss amongst yourselves.. :)

I'll jump in at some stage I am sure

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:12 pm 
ADMIN

I see our old buddy Diwataman did a Blog back August 1st.......

Daniel Adkins Murderer, Cordell Lamar Jude, a BLACK man, Finally indicted
Posted on August 1, 2012 by diwataman

Quote:
I was just checking up on another shooting that occurred back on April 3, 2012. If you’re not aware of the Daniel Adkins case I’ll give you a bit of info.

29 year old Daniel Adkins, a Hispanic, was walking his dog past a drive thru when he was almost hit by a 22 year old Black man Cordell Lamar Jude, driving out of the drive thru. Adkins, who is reportedly mentally retarded, started yelling at the driver. Jude pulled out his gun, murdered Adkins, claimed self defense and the months went by without an arrest. I have just learned that on July 27 Jude was finally indicted for murder.

I talked a bit about this case on April 10 and my main interest then was to look at the reporting. One thing was the severe lack of reporting. The second thing was the clear lack of mentioning the race of the murderer.

One thing the father of Jude said will always stay with me;

“The shooter’s father worries that his son will be seen as another George Zimmerman.”This is not like that case,” the father said. “This guy was attacking my son.”

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/29/us/stand-your-ground/

Adkins never even hit the car much-less Jude himself.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/19132 ... l-shooting

A Black George Zimmerman, Sort of

...read/comment at Dman's blog
http://diwataman.wordpress.com/2012/08/ ... -indicted/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:56 pm 
ADMIN

bump