It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:24 am 
ADMIN

Trial date set for mother of Shaniya Davis
Posted: Jul 12, 2013 10:00 PM Updated: Jul 13, 2013 6:38 AM
by WNCN Staff

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. -A judge set the trial date for a Fayetteville mother of a kidnapped and murdered five-year-old girl Friday afternoon.

Judge James Ammons set the trial date for Antionette Davis for October 14. Authorities said the trial is expected to last four to six weeks.

Davis, the mother of Shaniya Davis, faces a list of charges including murder, child abuse, and trafficking. Davis is accused of giving her daughter to Mario McNeill for sex and to settle a drug debt in November 2009.

Shaniya's body was found a few days after she was reported missing.

McNeill was convicted of murder and sentenced to death in May. Davis is not expected to appear before the judge Friday.

...more at link

http://www.wncn.com/story/22823133/judg ... ville-girl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:24 pm 
ADMIN

Another case that I missed updating while on vacation.....

Antoinette Davis accepts plea deal, gets at least 17 years for death of 5-year-old daughter Shaniya
Published: 11:18 AM, Sat Oct 19, 2013
By Michael Futch
Staff writer

Antoinette Davis, her head bowed and her face wet with tears, apologized in the courtroom Friday after accepting a plea deal that will send her to prison for at least 17 years for the murder of her daughter Shaniya.

Davis, 29, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder, first-degree sex offense and other charges after a judge ruled that, at her Oct. 28 trial, prosecutors could use the incriminating statements she made to police.

In those statements, Davis admitted giving her 5-year-old to Mario McNeill so he could have sex with her to settle a $200 debt. Six days later, in November 2009, Shaniya's body was found dumped in woods off N.C. 87.

Davis faced life in prison if convicted of first-degree murder. But Friday afternoon, during a motions hearing in Cumberland County Superior Court, she accepted the plea and apologized to Shaniya's father, Brad Lockhart.

"I want to say I did what I could as a mother," Davis said. "... I was there to protect my daughter. He knew that. And I knew he felt the same way himself."

...more at link
http://fayobserver.com/articles/2013/10/18/1290447

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:57 pm 

say what?! she did what she could as a mother? she was there to protect her? Umm I call BS!

very sad :(