It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: RT Members Pets
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:17 pm 

Ha, there is a great song ... Diana Krall sings it...
"Peel Me A Grape..." :86

But they are poison to our dogs and cats I believe... :97

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:05 pm 

MM hi! :28 Thanks always for your nice comments.
Computer's been broken. On with India for 3 days. I am ok now (Debatable?) :12

Think I am going to crash ... only 8PM. Take good care, everyone. I missed you and your babies.
Like to pop in and look at those beauties!! :6 :81 TTL :23

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:01 pm 

Hi, Joni.

Thanks for sharing the video of the Norwegian Forest Cat. What pretty little purr babies. I'd never seen on before although I've seen the Maine Coon cat and the Siberian. I only had one cat. A yellow tabby and lost it after 21 years with kidney failure. Was at the vet for five days and almost pulled through for a time. Broke my heart. Never went out though because it's too dangerous I think. Started out as a stray that I took in and that was it I was hooked. One of my dogs never liked the cat so I always had to keep gates up and they would play stare at each other all day long.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:19 am 

packy nice to see you here. :28

Glad you had your baby for 21 years. How wonderful!!! I don't let mine out either. I can't ... couldn't bear if anything happened. :97

I am going to start donating, when I can to Green Hill here. They don't put animals down. I want them to know my Lilly now, in case something ever happens to me.

I took her in (had my dog Lucy) thinking I would give her to Green Hill. Lilly wasn't raised with a dog. She was the cat next door I found out after she grew back into herself!! I DIDN'T RECOGNIZE HER!! Green Hill had on their web site that they don't take in strays.
How Can I Ignore The Boy (Cat) Next Door :DN4

I wouldn't put her back out, this poor sick little thing. She looked nothing then like she does now. Very thin, dirty, starving, limping.
Anyhow SHE adopted me and I am blessed!! They say "Cast your bread upon the waters..."I did, and LOOK what I got back!! My little honey! :23
You Needed Me :DN4
Ha, you can see I am a musician. :86

I read the other day ... "Don't cry because of what we lost, smile because of what we had." :19 Good way of looking at things.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:52 pm 

Sure does make a heart feel good to know these little honeys find someone to love and care for them. So sweet, Joni.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:19 am 

:79 Hi Packy!! :27

Good to know how sweet you are too - having a great track record of 21 years. What a happy life she must have had with you! :79

I Can't Stop Loving You :DN4

We Are Family ... :DN4

We'll Be Together Again :DN4 (Hopefully ...)

These song titles just keep popping up in my head. :53

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:09 pm 

Sometimes ... I just stop by here... to smile.
:8 :81

It works - every time. :86

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:15 pm 

I smile just looking at your avatar, Joni!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:58 pm 

Aw ... how sweet. And I do yours too.

Wish you lived near me. OR?

May I do this...?

:80 :26

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:04 pm 

Weather getting warmer. Not to worry. Lilly has taken to sleeping with her back toward me.
She sometimes waves her tail. Wow - a real living fan. It is about 4 - 5" wide. :6

I really would like the other end though ... beautiful face.

Green Eyes :DN4

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:34 pm 

She must be so pretty, Joni.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:14 pm 

Need some help here ... don't know where to put this. Lilly must love the outdoors now since she had freedom for about 3 weeks or more. She does lay in front of the double door screens almost all day long, watching birds, kids, etc.

SHE has started DARTING out the "front" door. Today was out for 45 minutes. Took Lucy out front, tried to get her. Finally ... I was able to. Can't continue this stress!!! Any ideas here - how to stop the "darting"? Please...? THANKS so much ...

When I have to go out ... and did it safely, I kind of come in sort of kicking ... pushing her away in case she will try to get out again - when I am coming back in! TOO OLD for this level of stress.
:18

THANKS so much! :19

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:27 pm 

Packy ... she is lovely. Beautiful face - but I read Norwegian Forest Cats do have beautiful faces. Actually,
they ALL do! :23
She was "out" I think maybe 3-4 weeks when I found her. Bad condition.
I do think she loves the outdoors, sits at the sliding door screen much of the day... but when she "escapes"
she just avoids me for a little bit ... doesn't run. Just hangs around, but my :23
It RACES when she gets out! UGH!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:20 pm 

Sorry I can't help you, Joni. My cat is curious about the outside and looks out the sliders all day also, but he has to be coaxed to go out the front door and out onto the fenced in patio. He'll slowly skulk around and then gets scared and runs back inside!!

Sorry that it's causing you so much stress! Do you think it is possible to maybe put a cat harness and leash on her and take her for a walk every day to get it out of her system? I have no idea if that will help...it's just a thought!

(I can't even put a collar on my Tiger without him freaking out. I wish I could walk him when I walk my dog!)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:20 pm 

Oh, Joni, I hope there is something you can do to prevent those escapes. It would worry me to death. But then I'm like a helicopter mom and my kids hate me for hovering over them when they were growing up and my dogs probably hate me too.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:54 pm 

MM and Packy ... :28 :28

Thanks for writing. I think it's because Lilly was out there for 3-4 weeks... and must remember the "good times". I do notice, she too skulks around, never running. Under a car, out of reach ... will move when I get there. BUT I found after 15 minutes, she just laid there. I am sure she heard me coming up to her, but stayed there.

Now when we leave here, I make sure I shoo her away from the door ... and she does go. She is good. Then we hurry out. LOL one time I went out like a mule - - kind of kicking my foot behind me. How SILLY I must have looked! :62 :6

You Are So Beautiful To Me :DN4

Bless The Beasts And The Children :DN4

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:10 pm 

Nice to see you again, Joni!!! :27

I'm glad Lilly's staying close!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:54 am 

Hello dear MM!! Hope you are ALL having a good week! :32

Lilly is my first cat ... always had dogs. They are SO different, aren't they? I think we get along fine because I "respect" (don't understand it but "respect" her aloofness. I think she really likes that. She comes to me when SHE wants to. I don't try to control her, or Lucy for that matter!

As always ...

Bless The Beasts And The Children :DN4

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:41 pm 

Hiya Joni!

Tiger is my first cat. (I've had dogs since I've been an adult.) For the first few years, I tried treating him like a dog, and that didn't go over too well (and I was a little scared of him)! Once I brought a puppy (Kacie) into the house 3 years later, and had her to fawn all over, I let Tiger come to me when he wanted attention and that made all the difference!!! He's so much more affectionate now...for a cat. :24

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:26 pm 

MM and Packy, so nice to read you posts and support. I think Lilly learned by observation FAST, that I go to the door, back kicking like a bucking something or other!! I think that scares her. She doesn't come near the door now. Good!

I think I kind of let Lilly go her own way, always there to love her when she needs me, and she appreciates that. She sleeps right next to my face every night. Dear little girl. :86

Cute happening, 2 days ago.
My friend Jen came here for a little visit. We sat outside having iced tea. Lilly was looking at us thru the sliding door screen.
She started meowing, and meowing, and meowing. I have never heard that from here since she adopted me! :8

I mentioned to Jen I didn't know what was wrong with Lilly. We looked at her, she first looked at Jen, then me, then back and forth. THEN it occured to me, there ... sitting in front of her were her two :64 s, I guess, who saved her very LIFE!! Jen, who started feeding her the only thing she had - tuna for 3 days, and giving her water. And me, who took her in! What a moment for my dear Lilly.

Just The Two Of Us :DN4

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 34  Next