It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Little Lost Puppy
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:08 pm 

Well I have a story for you.

...............................THE LITTLE LOST PUPPY.........................

We have a wrough-iron fence around the yard with several gates. Someone left a gate open one Sunday morning. Banjo (avatar) escaped. I didn't know he was gone so I went on to Sunday morning church. At noon when I came home my husband told me he couldn't find Banjo.

Of course I panicked. Banjo didn't have his collar on but he does have a chip in his neck for a scanning ID, so if a 'nice person' should find him and just take him to the 'pound', they could find his identity and home. But I was just praying that he wouldn't get run over before he was found.... I got in the car and drove through lots of neighborhoods very slowly looking up and down every street and behind every bush....my husband went off the opposite direction and did the same. After a long while we ended up at home with no Banjo. So....

I called my daughter. She is ALWAYS my hero and can 'fix' anything! She immediately drove to our house and started off on foot. She first walked to the school across the street because I walk the dogs there every day and they love that area. No luck, so she got in her car and searched the streets.

Well, after a long time of searching, and driving all the neighborhoods again, at about 3pm she walked again to the school. She shouted Banjo's name over and over and finally heard an 'answer'. She KNEW this was Banjo's voice...and it was. She kept shouting and he kept answering so she followed his plea in a straight-forward manner which lead her to have to climb over the very tall chain-link fence....his cries led her straight to our next door neighbor's yard. She went to the front door and rang the bell. Nobody was home but soon she heard a little whine to her left. She walked a few feet in that direction and looked down and guess where she spotted Banjo?

In the window-well. He was sooooo happy to see her. She lifted this little shaking dog out of the hole and immediately carried him home. He was very happy to say the least. And was I happy? Oh my. For hours I had imagined the worse as you can imagine. I was the happiest person in the world at that moment. :91

None of us could believe we'd traveled so far and wide for hours looking for our little lost pup...just to find him a few feet away from us the whole time! I often wonder what would have happened if the window well had had a metal cover instead of the weak plastic one that broke when Banjo walked over it, imprisoning him securely until he was found. And I also wonder what would have happened had Sara not heard his mournful howls....

Moral to the story? Don't leave the gates open! and...

God is good! :19

"Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour." Leviticus 19:15

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:09 pm 
ADMIN

Cute story... see I did read it :21

Glad it had a happy ending.... and a moral :24

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:14 pm 

Oh, poor Banjo! You must have been sick with worry! I'm so happy he was found and unhurt!! :91

:85 Gold stars for you daughter!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:25 pm 

So wonderful to read the happy ending! And blessings to your daughter for hearing him. I'm sure he was very glad to be back home too. :81

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:27 am 

Thanks to all for your sweet comments. :79

That day was traumatic because I couldn't help imagining him having been hit by a car. And after he was found I really was horrified to think if our daughter hadn't simply 'heard' him, he probably would have died in that window-well. It happened last summer and was a very hot day and he was shaking badly and panting hard when she found him. That particular neighbor has a house in the mountains too so he doesn't spend a lot of time at his house next door. Finding Banjo truly was a miracle. :81

"Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour." Leviticus 19:15

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:34 pm 

rtmember wrote:

That day was traumatic because I couldn't help imagining him having been hit by a car. And after he was found I really was horrified to think if our daughter hadn't simply 'heard' him, he probably would have died in that window-well. It happened last summer and was a very hot day and he was shaking badly and panting hard when she found him. That particular neighbor has a house in the mountains too so he doesn't spend a lot of time at his house next door. Finding Banjo truly was a miracle. :81

That's what I was thinking too. It was also fortunate that he didn't get hurt when he fell into it and wouldn't have been able to respond to your daughter's calls! :81

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:16 pm 

rtmember wrote:

It sure was and hopefully Banjo never gets "lost" again.

Your story reminded me of one involving one of our Siamese cats several years ago. The house next door was for sale, realtors were showing it, and our cat was outdoors. You can probably figure out where we found him after some time ~ yes sitting inside that house in the front window! :8 It took a few hours to get hold of the realtor though, explain the situation and get somebody out there to let him out.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:32 pm 

sunstar....that's amazing! Would you have even 'thought' he'd be in that house had you not seen him in the window?

Well, I love happy endings! :32

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:54 pm 

sunstar wrote:
Your story reminded me of one involving one of our Siamese cats several years ago. The house next door was for sale, realtors were showing it, and our cat was outdoors. You can probably figure out where we found him after some time ~ yes sitting inside that house in the front window! :8 It took a few hours to get hold of the realtor though, explain the situation and get somebody out there to let him out.

You never believe how many times many of my neighbors have told me that when they leave their front doors open, other neighbors cats walk right in and make themselves at home! :84 Luckily, we know who's cat is who's and can bring the visitor back home or call the neighbor to let them know!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:42 am 

rtmember. OH my heart was in my throat!!! So glad this little guy was safe and is now home.
How much does he weigh? Such a cute little thing... Whew!!! Thank God. :91