It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: safariLIVE
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:49 pm 

Oh Man I use to watch WildEarth all the time!!! I was there for their very first broadcast in 2007 if I remember correctly. It was started by Emily and Graham. Awesome people!! The guide at that time was Pieter Pretorius He was YUMMY to watch LOL Nick was his cameraman. I even had a forum for them called WildEarth (With Emily and Graham's permission) made a ton of graphics for them etc. My fav that I made was this...

(I just added my froggieleggs watermark cause I had to put it on my photobucket to post it here. I couldn't find the copy I made for the forum with my WE forum watermark on it.)

I ended up closing the forum because a woman named Elaine, was a real bitch!! She ran the Djuma forum and hated that my forum was gaining steam and lots of members. She would log on using different names and post nasty shit. I knew it was her cause the IP never changed! She would tell others that WE didn't want my forum up and never gave permission for me to open it. I even posted the emails from Emily. It just got to be too much and I closed it. Anyway, I use to love watching it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:15 pm 

Hi Froggie! :28

So good to see you and I enjoyed reading about your experiences with WildEarth (except for Elaine). :stamp
Such a cute gif, lol! Exactly what it looks like.

I really enjoy the show... it's my "tune out the world time" to relax. I try to watch live at night and watch the morning show rerun during the day.
The guides are SO entertaining. There are about a dozen now because they also have a show in the Mara, Kenya during the Great Migration.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:38 am 

Pieter aka eye candy...

Did you know they sometimes have Safari Live on on TV on the National Geographic channel? I've seen Pieter do some of the drives on their.

Another good live animal video to watch is the Decorah Eagles http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:52 pm 

Nice, Froggie! ;)

Yes, I watched the Nat Geo specials last year on Safari Live's regular YouTube channel (I don't watch much TV). Fascinating stuff!
They have guides in Kenya now preparing for this years migration starting in a few months. I'll look for Pieter. :D

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:54 pm 
ADMIN

bump