It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1019 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 51  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:52 am 
ADMIN

Starting a new thread...

It helps when searching previous posts to limit threads to 1000 or so posts

Previous Threads:

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Discussion #1
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=133

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Discussion #2
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=584

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Discussion #3
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=767

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Discussion #4
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=862

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:22 am 
ADMIN

State of Florida V George Zimmernan

Hearing Tuesday April 30, 2013 9:00AM EST

There is a separate thread to follow and discuss today's Hearing

HEARING: Various matters? (4-30-13)
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=818

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:24 am 
ADMIN

George Zimmerman could talk at today's hearing
Last Updated: Tuesday, April 30, 2013, 5:19 AM

SANFORD --

George Zimmerman will be at the Seminole County Courthouse this morning for the latest hearing in his second-degree murder case.

It's the last currently scheduled status hearing before Zimmerman stands trial for the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford. The trial is scheduled to begin June 10 with jury selection.

Zimmerman's defense attorney, Mark O'Mara, said his client is ready to answer questions if prosecutors want to ask him anything.

State Attorney Bernie de la Rionda wants to know whether or not Zimmerman plans to seek immunity under Florida’s stand your ground law. That’s where we could actually hear from Zimmerman. The judge could ask him if he’s okay with his defense waiving his right to have a stand your ground hearing.

The defense team will address the court about several motions filed on Friday. O'Mara said he wants everything the prosecution has on his client including all the 911 calls made the night Trayvon Martin was killed.

....more at link
http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cf ... n_cou.html

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:27 am 

Rumpole wrote:

I suppose he could, but why would he? A pre-trial hearing isn't usually the place for the defendant to offer direct testimony, is it?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:40 am 
ADMIN

I agree Chip

I thought the headline was silly.... but FWIW I still link to MSM... I am beginning to wonder why? :)

The article (and other MSM sites) persist in headlining "SYG"... seems none of them read your explanations here yesterday :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:52 am 

Jean Casarez (HLN) certainly didn't read your posts, Chip. She's also still repeating that he was just a sweet little innocent boy getting Skittles and Ice Tea.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:06 pm 

No way George isn't gonna get the shaft like I said before no reason to play fair. If there is something in those school records that shows the real Trayvon defense should just let it out.

"If a man talks in a forest, and there is no woman there to hear him.

Is he still wrong?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:27 pm 
ADMIN

Nelson mentioned an extra hearing date May 28th today.... added to Calendar

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=747&p=31791#p31791

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:29 pm 

Crump giving post-hearing speech on HLN now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:53 pm 
ADMIN

Rumpole wrote:

chipbennett wrote:
I suppose he could, but why would he? A pre-trial hearing isn't usually the place for the defendant to offer direct testimony, is it?

Rumpole wrote:
I agree Chip

I thought the headline was silly.... but FWIW I still link to MSM... I am beginning to wonder why? :)

The article (and other MSM sites) persist in headlining "SYG"... seems none of them read your explanations here yesterday :)

Silly is the norm for this case :eek

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:08 pm 

Alexandra wrote:
I wish there was a legal remedy to seperate Judge Nelson's kisser from Bernie's backside!

Hopefully the DCA will correct this issue. I sure did like West rattling BDLR cage today, I can't wait to see more of this in the future.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:13 pm 

murderbythebook wrote:
So no pre-trial hearing on stand your ground, but the defense can bring it up at trial. I thought so all along.

That remains to be seen.

We know that there will be no pre-trial immunity hearing. However, I think that, if the defense files a motion to declare immunity at any time at trial, Nelson will simply rule that the motion is untimely, and deny it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:17 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
Nelson mentioned an extra hearing date May 28th today.... added to Calendar

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=747&p=31791#p31791

I think you need to fix your date for Petitioner's response to Respondent for the Writ of Certiorari. IIRC the State filed its response on the 25th or 26th? Defense response is due 10 days from that date, I believe.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:19 pm 

Here is a question. Let's say that they go through the trial, he is found not guilty all is well for criminal. Now let's say that Crump-a-Dump sues George, can he invoke pre-trial immunity for the civil case?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:23 pm 

Since we now know more about the Ping logs and TM took a detour on his way from 7-11 to RTL, are we to believe he failed to mention this to DD? How does this detour fit with the narrative of rushing home with his snacks to watch the All Star game with his little brother? What about trying to get out of the rain, didn't seem to be a concern, not enough to stop him from taking this detour.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:25 pm 
ADMIN

Thanks, Chip

So they filed earlier than deadline? That makes sense with deadline being on the weekend.

I take your point... but am not SURE that then shifts the next deadline?

I'll leave it for now..... but am poised to amend the calendar :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:27 pm 

12:45 p.m. ET: Defense attorney O'Mara just finished a brief press conference outside the courthouse.

“This case has taken on a huge significance well beyond the facts of the case. Trayvon Martin was not profiled because he was black. George is not a racist. It was an event where two lives intersected and one of them got extraordinarily aggressive. The evidence supports that was Trayvon Martin, who had no injuries but for the fatal gunshot,” said O’Mara. “Criminal immunity is going to be granted to George by the jury and that is what we are looking towards. So in that context, talking about immunity when we know we’re going to have a jury trial is irrelevant. It truly is."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:30 pm 

mung wrote:
Here is a question. Let's say that they go through the trial, he is found not guilty all is well for criminal. Now let's say that Crump-a-Dump sues George, can he invoke pre-trial immunity for the civil case?

Yes, Zimmerman can invoke immunity in a civil suit. There is absolutely nothing in the statutes, rules of procedure, or case law (that I'm aware of) that would preclude an immunity claim. And IIRC, precedent already exists for invoking immunity in a civil suit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:31 pm 

ChipBennett - this is what HLN wrote about what Judge Nelson quickly said about discovery violations:

12:03 p.m. ET: Judge Nelson said she did not find any discovery violations in this case, but she will hold a hearing on whether the defense is entitled to montary compenstation from the prosecution for time wasted on the Witness 8 hospital issue. She also said the next hearing in Zimmerman's case will be held on May 28.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:33 pm 

flgirl543 wrote:
Since we now know more about the Ping logs and TM took a detour on his way from 7-11 to RTL, are we to believe he failed to mention this to DD? How does this detour fit with the narrative of rushing home with his snacks to watch the All Star game with his little brother? What about trying to get out of the rain, didn't seem to be a concern, not enough to stop him from taking this detour.

Good points, flgirl! Over and over we can conclude the entire foundation of this case is based on LIES.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1019 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 51  Next