It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 46  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:35 am 

Quote of Rick Madigan @ Diwataman
Quote:
Posted April 7, 2013 at 5:00 pm | Permalink | Reply
I don’t know where you all are getting that O’Mara is not getting paid. He is getting paid, both from our tax funds when he declares GZ indigent, from George’s funds at present, upcoming income from lawsuits, and all the fame, fortune and future opportunities, created by this case.

Back on this topic again (sorry!)...

O'Mara has made efforts to get donations to afford experts, also leading us to believe he has not been paid for his time. That means he exhausted his time to avoid declare[ing] GZ indigent. There MUST be a rea$on for that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:52 am 

Interesting tidbit on HOA Attorney Thomas Slaten:

Mr. Slaten began his legal career as a prosecutor with the State Attorney’s Office in Ft. Myers, Florida. During that time, he prosecuted an average of 1700 cases per year, serving as lead counsel on numerous jury trials. Subsequent to his position as an Assistant State Attorney, he served as a Civil Litigator practicing in areas of insurance and commercial law.

"The best evidence we have is the testimony of George Zimmerman, and he says the decedent was the primary aggressor in the whole event. Everything I have is adding up to what he says." - Christopher Serino

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:48 pm 

Clerk's letter to Crump:

http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Rel ... 0Court.pdf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:52 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
I guess we will know more details if Nelson unseals the settlement.

Out of court settlements are typically "hush money" No liability conceded.

Hi Rumpole! :28

Yep, it was paid to make them go away. I'd like to hear an interview with ther HOA attorney, Slaten, at this point. Really not sure if they were paid by previous insurance company or HOA - although I doubt HOA has that kind of money.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:53 pm 

John_Galt wrote:

Are there other rules that Crump might reference in an appeal?

Failing that, can he opt to recall whatever he submitted - or is it now officially and permanently part of the court record?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:18 pm 
ADMIN

John_Galt wrote:

In looking at site I see an item has been removed....

(3/28/13...Order Denying Defendant's Motion for Reconsideration and Clarification of the Court's Order Dated March 4, 2013)

And why no mention of the actual filing by crump?

Perhaps his submission, and request that it be under seal... with actual submission not shown?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:23 pm 
ADMIN

http://www.seminoleclerk.org/CriminalDo ... 2CF001083A

Recent Entries:

MURDER IN THE SECOND DEGREE
04/05/2013... LETT... LETTER FROM THE CLERK'S OFFICE TO ATTORNEY BENJAMIN CRUMP REGARDING NOTICE OF
04/05/2013... LETT... CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
04/04/2013... NOCI... NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION WITHIN COURT FILING
04/01/2013... DKSN... DOCKET SOUNDING [K] - DATE: 04/30/2013 - TIME: 0900AM - CTRM: 5D
04/01/2013... ORFF... ORDER CONTINUING DOCKET SOUNDING TO APRIL 30, 2013.
04/01/2013... ORDE... COURT'S ORDER DATED MARCH 4, 2013
04/01/2013... ORDE... ORDER DENYING DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR RECONSIDERATION AND CLARIFICATION OF THE
03/28/2013... SUDI... STATE'S REDACTED 13TH SUPPLEMENTAL DISCOVERY
03/28/2013... FREE... OFFICE FOR DISCOVERY VIOLATIONS
03/28/2013... FREE... STATE'S RESPONSE TO DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR SANCTIONS AGAINST STATE ATTORNEY'S

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:25 pm 
ADMIN

It is hard to follow Court press releases.. items come and items go... dates change. :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:28 pm 
ADMIN

18th Circuit Court - Media Advisories

It is the goal of the Eighteenth Judicial Circuit to ensure that the media and public are accommodated to the best of the Court's abilities during special interest/high profile proceedings. Below you will find media advisories and public record documents pertaining to State v. Zimmerman (2012-CF-001083-A). Please continue to check this website for updates. Documents will be posted as they are made available for public distribution.

HIGH PROFILE CASES - State v. Zimmerman (2012-CF-001083-A)

http://www.flcourts18.org/presspublic.html

Media Advisories are updated with new releases

Updated | Case Description
4/5/13 | Letter from Seminole County Clerk of Court
(3/28/13...Order Denying Defendant's Motion for Reconsideration and Clarification of the Court's Order Dated March 4, 2013) .... item now removed?
3/25/13 | Defendant's Motion for Extension of Time to File Witness Desclosure
3/25/13 | Defendant's Supplemental Witness List Redacted

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:31 pm 

Nelson's Order denying the motion for reconsideration re Crump deposition is dated 4/1 on the docket listing:

However the actual Order is dated 3/28

http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Rel ... 809400.pdf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:33 pm 

mung wrote:
I have a great solution to the Crump deposition issue. Have the FBI come in and question Crump about his crimes he committed in the case and turn those transcripts over to MOM. I am sure that would be much better for Crump than having to risk being asked a question that might harm his civil case.

Crump decided to bring the FBI in and their investigation is still ongoing. I'd be very surprised if they haven't looked closely at players other than GZ and SPD. Say, Crump, Tracy, Sybrina, etc. IMO bringing the FBI in might backfire in Crump's face.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:38 pm 
ADMIN

John_Galt wrote:
Nelson's Order denying the motion for reconsideration re Crump deposition is dated 4/1 on the docket listing:

However the actual Order is dated 3/28

http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Rel ... 809400.pdf

But... the link to the actual Order is dated 3/28 has gone from

18th Circuit Court Media Advisories page
http://www.flcourts18.org/presspublic.html

Not a big deal... just the court AND GZLegal site seem to have been playing "hunt the documents" just to make following this case more of a challenge.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:42 pm 

chipbennett wrote:
Are there other rules that Crump might reference in an appeal?

They are discussing that at TalkLeft. I'm not particularly interested. The bright spot is that Crump may have to pay Blackwell to litigate the issue and perhaps risks getting sued by the HOA and/or insurance carrier if Crump causes something protected by a confidentiality provision to be published. The other bright spot is that Crump's belated filing likely won't be part of the record considered by the DCA on the petition for cert. I really don't understand WTF Crump was trying to achieve. As far as I can tell, the main thing that has been accomplished is the establishment that Crump and Sybrina had a financial motive to tamper with W8.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:52 pm 

RiseFromBelow wrote:
Crump decided to bring the FBI in and their investigation is still ongoing. I'd be very surprised if they haven't looked closely at players other than GZ and SPD. Say, Crump, Tracy, Sybrina, etc. IMO bringing the FBI in might backfire in Crump's face.

I was wondering about that. Crump runs to the FBI with the W8 recording and demands hate crime charges. FBI interviews around 30 people, but not W8? Really? FBI might have some wiretaps in place.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:04 pm 

Don't know if this has been posted but Diana Tennis seems certain MOM wasn't involved in the HOA civil suit. As I understand it she and her husband are friends with MOM. Insider information?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:09 pm 

RiseFromBelow wrote:
Don't know if this has been posted but Diana Tennis seems certain MOM wasn't involved in the HOA civil suit. As I understand it she and her husband are friends with MOM. Insider information?

AFAIK, the only HOA civil suit was the DJ action filed by Travelers in which HOA and Crump both apparently admitted that Travelers had no coverage in effect at time of shooting.

The issue is whether MOM advised HOA or Liberty Mutual in connection with Sybrina Fulton's claims, which were apparently settled without filing any suit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:41 pm 

DCA enters show cause order. I think this means that Nelson / BDLR / Crump have 20 days to show cause why DCA should not grant the petition for cert, and then MOM / West have 10 days to reply.

http://199.242.69.70/pls/ds/ds_docket?p ... earchType=

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:51 pm 

John_Galt wrote:
DCA enters show cause order. I think this means that Nelson / BDLR / Crump have 20 days to show cause why DCA should not grant the petition for cert, and then MOM / West have 10 days to reply.

http://199.242.69.70/pls/ds/ds_docket?p ... earchType=

Holy...

Unless I'm misunderstanding: this is the Ron Burgundy of Show Cause orders. It's kind of a big deal.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:59 pm 

chipbennett wrote:
Unless I'm misunderstanding: this is the Ron Burgundy of Show Cause orders. It's kind of a big deal.

Yeah, seems to me that Crump will be deposed. I thought that getting the DCA to review a discovery order before trial was the main hurdle.

FRAP 9.100

(h) Order to Show Cause. If the petition demonstrates a preliminary
basis for relief, a departure from the essential requirements of law that will cause
material injury for which there is no adequate remedy by appeal, or that review of
final administrative action would not provide an adequate remedy, the court may
issue an order directing the respondent to show cause, within the time set by the
court, why relief should not be granted. In prohibition proceedings such orders
shall stay further proceedings in the lower tribunal.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:05 pm 

The truth has no agenda so what's the truth here?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 46  Next