It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ] 

Will Nelson grant Motion to Depose Crump
Yes 40%  40%  [ 4 ]
No 60%  60%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 10
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:24 am 
ADMIN

By request... another poll. :91

Will Nelson Grant the motion and allow some sort of Depo of Crump.

We won't get into any restrictions she might impose.. just straight YES - NO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:15 am 

I had to vote YES because I absolutely must be on the side of the righteous. Judge Nelson better get in gear and realize that a man's life is in the balance and stop worrying about her job or politics. I'd rather do what is right and lose my job then have to live with myself for selling out to do wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:30 am 
ADMIN

I voted yes.... trying to be positive...

As always I go into this hearing hoping that Nelson will show some sign that she "gets it"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:26 am 

I truly wish the correct answer were yes but I fear she's going to force the defense to rely upon the affidavit submitted by Blackwell. Judge Nelson has offered those with open eyes a glimpse of what to expect from her. She's a devout member of the Florida Political Machine, Nelson has the accelerator pedal to the metal all the way to trial. I'm not expecting rulings favorable to the defense as the State isn't even bothering to hide their association with the obvious.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:51 pm 

Absolutely agree - my thoughts are the same - the CORRECT (fair, righteous, JUST, optimistic) answer would be YES. But I've seen enough of this horrible farce with this judge (well stated, 70scarrestoguy!) and chose the pessimistic option: NO.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:40 pm 

I sincerely hope that I am wrong, but I will have to go with no. I haven't seen anything from Nelson to indicate that she is capable of being anything other than just a player in this political cesspool.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:01 pm 
ADMIN

Welcome to our humble abode, gannasview :51

You may well be correct.

Like I say..... my YES vote is largely wishful thinking. I keep thinking that this farce will at least show some sign of being noticed by the referee :24

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:29 pm 

Thanks Rumpole.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:19 pm 

Remote wrote:
Absolutely agree - my thoughts are the same - the CORRECT (fair, righteous, JUST, optimistic) answer would be YES. But I've seen enough of this horrible farce with this judge (well stated, 70scarrestoguy!) and chose the pessimistic option: NO.

I agree with 70scarrestoguy, Remote and gannasview, but I sure hope we are wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:06 am 

I had originally said no, but voted yes. I believe that the Judge will allow a very limited type of deposition, to match her earlier order of making Crump a witness. If for no other reason, but to be consistent with her rulings

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:42 am 
ADMIN

Welcome to you too boricuafudd :51

As I said somewhere over at CTH..... the fact that we can but only GUESS really... is a sad indictment.

The facts of the case and the law involved is known.. perhaps there could be different interpretations of laws... but for the GZ case it often comes down to a guess at how a whim might take Judge Nelson.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:11 am 

I think this is going to be very interesting. 2am and I am going to call work and ask them if I can go in at 5pm instead of my usual 2pm. YAY! ME! They said I could go in late. I don't want to miss this. I am thinking the whole family is going to be there alongwith Parks, Crump and Blackwell.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:45 am 
ADMIN

George won't be there......

From GZLegal

http://gzlegalcase.com/

WAIVER OF DEFENDANT'S APPEARANCE AT HEARING

on 21 February 2013.
The following WAIVER OF DEFENDANT'S APPEARANCE AT HEARING has been filed with the Court in regards to the hearing scheduled for 1:30PM on February 22, 2013.

WAIVER OF DEFENDANT'S APPEARANCE AT HEARING
http://184.172.211.159/~gzdocs/document ... earing.pdf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:14 pm 

ok....I've brought my fork. Where is my slice of cake? :TF

(I'm 2 for 2, so far :87 )

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:03 pm 

Remote wrote:
ok....I've brought my fork. Where is my slice of cake? :TF

(I'm 2 for 2, so far :87 )

Though we're batting 1,000 so far, I wish we'd struck out both times. I've come to accept that Judge Nelson suffered threats of political consequences following the October hearings where she ruled based upon the law. Nelson's a puppet, dancing around the law to protect herself, her career. Darth Dman was correct from the beginning but I'd add that we're witnessing the forging of new legal precedent that's being guided with assistance from D.C. I wonder what type of cake we're having? Second thought you can have my piece of cake, I'm going to have a good stiff drink.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:31 pm 

70scarrestoguy wrote:

Though we're batting 1,000 so far, I wish we'd struck out both times. I've come to accept that Judge Nelson suffered threats of political consequences following the October hearings where she ruled based upon the law. Nelson's a puppet, dancing around the law to protect herself, her career. Darth Dman was correct from the beginning but I'd add that we're witnessing the forging of new legal precedent that's being guided with assistance from D.C. I wonder what type of cake we're having? Second thought you can have my piece of cake, I'm going to have a good stiff drink.

Here ya go..... :77 - I wish I'd had a stiff one BEFORE watching this farce today.

How I wish we had been wrong, too! While I truly am despising this judge, it is clear to me that this entire sham is too much for any one judge to be tasked with the responsibility of a decision. Sundance is correct in labeling it a "political" case. No one involved can be seen as opposing the BGI. It angers me to no end that they can riot and march, yet no one else can because that would be racist. As many have mentioned, this has become a down and dirty street fight.

I hope West and O'Mara can be passionate enough to get through to a jury.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:00 pm 

George's case is going to bypass the immunity hearing, go straight to trial (now unavoidable) without passing GO. We can expect increasingly biased news saturation during the months leading up to the trial & Whites too intimidated to perform jury duty. Expect the identity of the jurors to be leaked & that we'll hear of juror intimidation. An honest person can't deny that George wont receive a fair trial & the best he can hope for is a favorable appellate decision in a few years.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:22 am 
ADMIN

Well... like I said.... NOT allowing Crump depo just about wraps it up for OPTIMISM!!!

I am joining Dman and Grumpy cat as a confirmed pessimist from here on out......

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:24 am 
ADMIN

THREAD LOCKED - POLL CLOSED

Continue discussion of GZ case in discussion thread
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=584&p=22563#p22563

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]