It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1010 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 51  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:47 pm 

I can't decide what I am after that hearing. Discouraged, disgusted, or even bemused to an extent.

I have been reading everywhere this afternoon. Eventually, I believe that MOM will eventually get his continuance so that is only a temporary victory for the Prosecution. I think that Nelson, while denying the continuation, gave them the keys to the car with W8. They need her name. They need her address. They are getting both by the phone interview with a notary or court reporter and then onward the subpoenas issued to Twitter, Facebook, etc.

I don't know why but I no longer care if Crump gets deposed or not. He has made a statement to the court by way of his Affidavit/Motion for Protection so any more information on the "how, what, when, or why's" can be made through the deposition of W8. If there is any conflict, his motion can be used to either discredit her or discredit him.

What I wish for is that Immunity Hearing to continue on schedule. Even if Nelson declines to rule favorably on Zimmerman's behalf, testimony will be locked into place for all things concerning W8, what the State can prove, which isn't much according to Gilbreath's earlier testimony at the first bail hearing.

The Defense can then direct limited funds towards securing expert testimony for the people they truly need. I think they can get a lot of the phone analysis done by SBSD to be interpreted by Breton at the FDLE. Cellebrite might send their own experts in for clarification as to what information they were able to extract and why 2/26/12 is missing from the data.

Today wasn't a total loss but I admit, while I like MOM, I was truly disappointed in his performance today. I wanted to buy him a set. If you know what I mean!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:53 pm 

Something that's been gnawing at me all day: we hear a lot about Martin's ping logs and GPS location map. I assume we'll know more once the defense has a chance to scrutinize BDLR's pre-hearing blind-side doc dump (was that NatJack's "Christmas present'?).

But what about Zimmerman's ping logs and GPS map? Surely the State has that information? Surely they've mapped his path during the time in question. That information is by necessity either potentially inculpatory (shows Zimmerman walked toward Brandi Green's home, thus corroborating the State's narrative) or absolutely exculpatory (shows Zimmerman went exactly where he said he did, i.e. never left the vicinity of the sidewalk "T", and had turned to return to his vehicle). Either way, the information falls under Brady and/or Rule 3.220.

So where is it? Why haven't we seen it?

Also: in light of the apparent methodology Judge Nelson wishes for the defense to employ, O'Mara should implement his own "48-hour rule", and file for emergency hearings every time the State fails to produce evidence upon request.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:26 pm 

Doesn't all of this fall under the rulings that keep cell records confidential? Without a leak, how do we know what the State has on Zimmerman. They only seem to "accidentally" release things that are detrimental to him. That the 26th is missing is only because of the Motion that was filed.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:41 pm 

The *content* of discovery may be confidential, but its *existence* shouldn't be. For example: we know that the defense has Martin's cell phone records, even though those records themselves are not disclosed to the public. Likewise with Martin's school records.

But to date, I don't remember hearing Zimmerman's cell phone ping logs or GPS data even mentioned.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:47 pm 
ADMIN

Ottawa925 wrote:
I'm too depressed about this case to post much today.

To follow these hearings... I stay up all night.. so usually a bit down from lack of sleep... but with something in the hearing as a "pep pill"... today I was just tired and pissed off.

I had a nap and ready to soldier on now :43

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:49 pm 
ADMIN

Ottawa925 wrote:
Rumpole wrote:
I find it annoying and bizarre that nobody is mentioning the Guttman tape :45

I kinda mention that over at the treehouse, in reasons why Crump needs to be deposed.

So that is my point... the Guttman tapes are hugely important. That was one of the main topics for today's hearing. So why no mention? If the matter is resolved "out of court" why is nobody saying that at least?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:58 pm 
ADMIN

DebFrmHell wrote:
Doesn't all of this fall under the rulings that keep cell records confidential? Without a leak, how do we know what the State has on Zimmerman. They only seem to "accidentally" release things that are detrimental to him. That the 26th is missing is only because of the Motion that was filed.

chipbennett wrote:
The *content* of discovery may be confidential, but its *existence* shouldn't be. For example: we know that the defense has Martin's cell phone records, even though those records themselves are not disclosed to the public. Likewise with Martin's school records.

But to date, I don't remember hearing Zimmerman's cell phone ping logs or GPS data even mentioned.

Exactly right Chip.
I keep joining Walther PPK in his Mantra of "Where are the ping logs" because I want to know just that... where are they.

They should NOT be deemed to be confidential (IMO) because they do not reveal actual conversations... but even if they are blocked from public release... we the public need to know they have been sought and obtained.

As I have said before in a case where accused, "victim" and star witnesses are all having KEY phone convos up to time of incident (allegedly) then PING LOGS should have been a VERY early piece of evidence sought. In the ANT case they were all there in the initial Discovery docs.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:35 pm 

Ottawa925 wrote:
I'm too depressed about this case to post much today.

It's the day after and I'm still feeling this way, Ottawa! :11

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:52 pm 

70scarrestoguy wrote:
That's okay I don't feel much like celebrating today. Overall: Today was a victory for the Scheme Team & the State. Now that Judge Nelson had allowed the world a glimpse of what to expect, I'm not bothering with the remaining hearings until the Immunity Protection Hearing & the defense appeal of Nelson's immunity decision to the State Justices.
If there's E-cake on the line, I'll wager that Nelson refuses to grant immunity protection to George & that she's overruled by a split decision.
I'm looking forward to the consequences brought on by the race hustlers, Lady Liberty will emerge holding a red V in place of her torch

Looking at everything that happened in that hearing yesterday, what you wrote about Judge Nelson above this is the biggest "take away." This is going to be an ugly uphill battle for the defense. It looks like GZ doesn't have a chance, but perhaps for a sane jury after the entire case is laid out or later in appelate court with actual, law-abiding, knowledgable jurists.

As posters have written - this is a nasty BRAWL, so O'Mara and West need to act accordingly. Can they get down and dirty like Crump et al? Like BDLR? I especially liked the CTH comments saying that O'Mara and West should be filing motions until Kingdom comes to get under the judge's skin, for the persecution to behave and to put Crump in line.

There are so many outrageous happenings in this case, heck, in that one hearing yesterday, that it is impossible to dissect properly. I believe GZ's fate will ultimately be in the hands of that jury and I hope that MOM and West are up for the task. I agree with you in not bothering with the rest of the hearings because I believe that up until the trial, the rest of the hearings will be like this one. :45

(oh, and I don't believe GZ has a chance at SYG with the political/BGI train in full steam ahead mode).

Last edited by Remote on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:02 pm 

I think MOM and West should be accelerating their pace, stop dragging their feet with the begging for donations and with the "threatening" and actually request "indigency" for their client, already. They need the experts. June is just around the corner.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:22 pm 

Interesting article from Ben Shapiro re Robert Zimmerman on Breitbart here

and in the comments, one I just have to share:
Quote:
SPANKYSPANKSTER
Here's what happened:

Trayvon Martin was outside trying to help some Girl Scouts go door-to-door to sell cookies to raise money for 300 leukemia victims in Honduras.

Then George Zimmerman drove up in an armored Hummer smoking meth and screaming racist chants. He opened fire on the girls with a pair of 50 caliber machine guns.

Trayvon hustled the Girl Scouts to safety then went back to save the litter of Golden Retriever puppies that he helped deliver before Zimmerman arrived. That's when Zimmerman shot Trayvon and hacked him to bits with a machete etched with the likeness of Hitler.

To cover his tracks, Zimmerman called his Klavern hotline which dispatched a team of KKK members who were also in the police department. They fabricated evidence and they took the witnesses to the Everglades and fed them to alligators.

I know dis be's true cuz I seen it on MSNBC.

I think Spanky has a handle on that special BDLRtuition...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:25 pm 
ADMIN

H/T to nettles18 at CTH

Jeralyn at Talk left has at least mentioned the Guttman tape:

TalkLeft
    "It is my understanding that ABC asked to continue the supboena matter because Guttman is in Brazil and was unavailable to assist in preparing a response for today's hearing."

http://forums.talkleft.com/index.php/to ... #msg106159

That at least explains what happened to the Motion… but it’s a lame excuse… and since the matter is urgent… not acceptable…. the next hearing is not for another month and that tape could be key evidence to have BEFORE some depositions.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:42 pm 
ADMIN

Defense: 'Stand Your Ground' hearing in April
By Graham Winch
updated 4:43 PM EST, Wed February 06, 2013

George Zimmerman’s attorney Mark O’Mara told In Session correspondent Jean Casarez on Wednesday that his client’s “Stand Your Ground” hearing is set for April 22.

...more at link
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/02/06 ... -set-april

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:43 pm 
ADMIN

I'd like to see a document confirming that date... the date set by court previously was April 26th

I'll buy that date... makes sense.. it's a Monday.

I have updated calendar

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=747

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:58 pm 

Why does everyone in the media continue to call this a "Stand Your Ground" hearing when MOM has gone out of his way to explain that it is a straightforward Self-Defense case? Until that correction is made, IMO, the buttons that get pushed to get a guttural response from people will never be changed.

Worse than putting toothpaste back in the tube... 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:37 am 
ADMIN

Yes... like Watermelon fruit juice is Iced Tea
And GZ was on a "911 call" and was told to stay in his truck.

It's called "Imprinting" as I have explained :24

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:55 am 

Rumpole wrote:
H/T to nettles18 at CTH

Jeralyn at Talk left has at least mentioned the Guttman tape:

TalkLeft
    "It is my understanding that ABC asked to continue the supboena matter because Guttman is in Brazil and was unavailable to assist in preparing a response for today's hearing."

http://forums.talkleft.com/index.php/to ... #msg106159

That at least explains what happened to the Motion… but it’s a lame excuse… and since the matter is urgent… not acceptable…. the next hearing is not for another month and that tape could be key evidence to have BEFORE some depositions.

He doesn't have a telephone in Brazil? He doesn't have Skype? Come on. What a crock.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:56 am 

DebFrmHell wrote:
Why does everyone in the media continue to call this a "Stand Your Ground" hearing when MOM has gone out of his way to explain that it is a straightforward Self-Defense case? Until that correction is made, IMO, the buttons that get pushed to get a guttural response from people will never be changed.

Because they are idiots .. AND because it fits in with Obama's gun agenda.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:07 am 
ADMIN

The Gutman excuse is nonsense...

The motion was to issue a subpoena to ABC "custodian of records".... Gutman's input is a LUXURY at this stage.

The damned subpoena needs to be served on ABC... if Gutman has run off with the only copy... then that's ABC's problem

I would suggest he could transmit it from Bazil

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:19 am 

Ottawa925 wrote:
DebFrmHell wrote:

Because they are idiots .. AND because it fits in with Obama's gun agenda.

Well, I will buy that MSM are and have contributed mightily to the conditioning of people who trust what they tell them with no questions asked.

Not so much Obama since that gun agenda we are seeing now is a direct result of Sandy Hook and Aurora. Gabby Gifford's shooting happened 14 months before Zimmerman pulled the trigger. All of which are dramatically different, due to mental issues by those Defendants, from the self-defense claim made by Zimmerman.

If you want to talk gun control, I suggest we do it on another thread. I don't think Obi-Wan would appreciate us doing it on this dedicated thread.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1010 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 51  Next