It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1006 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:01 am 

flgirl543 wrote:

I want to second this. I wasn't able to watch this mornings proceedings, but knew I would be able to come here and get all the details. Thank you to Rumpole and other posters who do the play by play.

I agree. I wasn't able to follow the jury selection that closely and it really helped to come here and see daily breakdowns.

Today in Maryland a jury returned a not guilty verdict in a case that was somewhat similar to what we have with Mr. Zimmerman.

An off duty police officer chased a 17 year old and the boy died while being restrained. As in this case, his family tried to hide his bad traits and even used the silly "majored in cheerfulness".

It always amazes me that they claim the bad behavior has nothing to do with the death and yet they always choose to lie by omission.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:59 am 

I'll miss this morning's court, I did wake up with a thought today. In all my years of following trials, (many), I have never witnessed alternate jurors being publically announced. Whose to say someone close to one of these will not whisper to them that its their position. If that occurs, I see a mistrial. Knowing they would not be part of the deliberations could effect their attitude and deligence .

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:27 am 

Rumpole wrote:
it was BERNIE who axed black male juror :cool

1. Bernie had no choice. The black juror probably would have beaten Trayvon with a bat if he had been in GZ's situation.

2. Bernie has decided to try and work the white guilt angle after his stealth jurors got outed.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:34 am 
ADMIN

I agree to 1 and 2

It is just a handy fact to have for Traybot dealings.

When they moan about no blacks. It was strictly speaking... Bernie's doing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:12 am 

This post is from our county chat forum:

Quote:
My personal opinion is that he's innocent, and I hate to say it, but I hope Zimmerman is found guilty for the greater good.

It's a sad state of affairs when a jury really has to worry about repercussions if their finding conflicts with the mob's wishes.

This story has gotten so out of hand already, I fear that a "not guilty" verdict will beget more racial violence against innocent people.

I hope there's no one who thinks like this on the jury.

On another note, as a Catholic, I cringed when Bernie announced he was Catholic. He's definitely not someone I want as a representative of the Catholic faith.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:16 am 
ADMIN

flgirl543 wrote:
On another note, as a Catholic, I cringed when Bernie announced he was Catholic. He's definitely not someone I want as a representative of the Catholic faith.

It could be worse... Mantai could announce he was a human.

I don't want a weasel to be seen as a representative of my species.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:25 am 

flgirl543 wrote:

Bless me father, for I have sinned. I have lied, I have suppressed evidence, I have conspired to prosecute an innocent man.

Bernie, is that you again? How many times do I have to tell you to knock that crap off?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:30 am 
ADMIN

Analyst: All-female jury creates variables in George Zimmerman trial
Last Updated: Friday, June 21, 2013, 5:06 AM

SANFORD -- An all-female jury has been seated in the George Zimmerman trial -- six women.

There are also four alternates, two men and two women.

The question now is whether the all-female jury will better benefit the state or the defense.

We spoke to one of our legal analysts, Jaya Balani, about the impact an all-female jury could have on this trial.

"With an all-women jury, it kind of just shows that jury selection can go any different way, there's so many variables that could happen," Balani said. "It's hard to tell in this case whether the all women will be good or bad for the defense or good or bad for the state. One concern I think about is when you have an all-woman jury, you have a lot of maternal instincts, and if that helps the state or defense, I don't really know at this point."

...more at link
http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cf ... an_ju.html

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:39 am 

Rumpole wrote:
I agree to 1 and 2

It is just a handy fact to have for Traybot dealings.

When they moan about no blacks. It was strictly speaking... Bernie's doing.

I'm surprised we have not yet seen any large groups yet. They sort of invited protesters with their efforts to set aside access for them and it has been rather lonely for any in that area.

On Bernie being a Catholic, did he not tell how he could set that aside in a manner that made him come across as a part-timer? I recall thinking "what" when he mentioned it, but the topic was not worthy of my time to check his exact wording.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:48 am 

John_Galt wrote:

Bless me father, for I have sinned. I have lied, I have suppressed evidence, I have conspired to prosecute an innocent man.

Bernie, is that you again? How many times do I have to tell you to knock that crap off?

Penance...Eternity in hell!...to harsh?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:12 am 

I wish I had time available to review E22! The more I think about her (E22) being exposed, the less sense it makes to me. Why did she get as far as she did? O'Mara didn't have any note or two he hoped MIGHT illustrate the cause necessary to have her dropped, he had a folder so full it looked like a case within itself.

The 'oh yeah' moment when he presented his folder full of data on E22, the event that had Bernie playing his part in demanding information, should have made the Jerry Counelis story pale in comparison.

I almost feel like we've been played here, as if all involved let her slide just so they could use her for the final act in the Jury Selection show.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:52 am 

I have missed most of the tenth day so far. Is the court done for the day, and when will we see the Frye determination?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:00 am 

Wasn't there a motion of what to wear or not wear in court? I haven't heard how that came out. No one needs to wear T-shirts with Trayvon Martin on them.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:15 am 

If the state can use wannabe cop, vigilante, profile etc., can the defense use wannabe gangsta, pothead, street fighter etc.?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:20 am 
ADMIN

I can't see why not.... though the the 2 year old "he did it first" thing is more Bernie's style.

I don't think you can stop BS in opening statements. I do think though that MOM should object when Bernie says.. "he was ordered to stay in his car" or a variation.... that is a KEY LIE that Bernie has already used many times in court... a key part of the IMPRINTING he will try in his opening statement.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:24 am 

John_Galt wrote:

John Galt, bless you, you are too kind, but you've only given the PG version of Bernie's trip to the confessional. Sorry to have to do this, but here's the R-rated reality:

[confessional window/door slides open]

"Bless me father, for I have sinned. It has been 16 months since my last confession.

Father, I have lied, I have suppressed evidence, I have conspired to prosecute an innocent man. I have cheated the people of Florida to increase my pension, and I have masturbated every night after my wife has fallen asleep, while thinking of Debby Nelson and Angela Corey."

"Bernie, is that you again? How many times do I have to tell you to knock that crap off? This time, for your penance you will recite the Rosary 16 times a day on your knees, and you will walk with a handful of ashes and pebbles in your shoes each day until this innocent man is set free."

[sign of the cross given, confessional window/door slams shut]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:29 am 

The crux of the state's case is GZ confronted TM? How are they going to prove that beyond a reasonable doubt??

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:47 am 

I got the impression this morning that if Bernie uses a comment like "was ordered to stay in his car" that O'Mara will then counter that in his opening statement

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:48 am 

murderbythebook wrote:
The crux of the state's case is GZ confronted TM? How are they going to prove that beyond a reasonable doubt??

Didn't you pick up what BDLR was laying down during voir dire? "Circumstantial evidence is as good as direct evidence."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:54 am 

Rumpole wrote:
It could be worse... Mantai could announce he was a human.
I don't want a weasel to be seen as a representative of my species.

:Gslap :98 :84 :lol :slap

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1006 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next