It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:35 pm 

just us wrote:
I read the inmates were yelling "Don't feed the Rapists" when the 3 of them were brought in.....sounds like it will be a short stay for them if they ever go in general population.
Prison Justice can be swift. :fish

He won't see Gen pop ever he will be locked in a different part of prison with all the other creeps that do what he did.

"If a man talks in a forest, and there is no woman there to hear him.

Is he still wrong?"

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:25 am 

hi ftsk420,

Ok so he is locked up with his own kind....so was Jeffery Dahmer and look what happened.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:22 am 

Hi, just us! Dahmer was not given the death penalty, so he was not isolated in a cell 23 1/2' a day.

"Dahmer, the model prisoner, convinced the prison authorities to allow him more contact with other inmates. He was able to eat in communal areas and he was given some janitorial work to do with other teams of inmates."
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/seri ... er/21.html

He and 2 other inmates were on a work detail, and 1 of the men attacked and killed Dahmer.

I sincerely hope Castro gets the Death Penalty, and I can not imagine that he will not.
It has got to be a special Hell on Earth to be caged for 23 1/2 hours a day. Chances are VERY remote that someone can get to him on Death Row. There are some things worse than death, and he deserves the worst of the worst for the rest of his pathetic life.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:21 pm 
ADMIN

Ohio suspect Ariel Castro is father of Amanda Berry's daughter, tests confirm

Officials confirm Castro's paternity after prosecutors said they would charge 52-year-old with multiple acts of sexual violence

Associated Press in Cleveland
guardian.co.uk, Friday 10 May 2013 17.42 BST

Tests have confirmed that alleged kidnapper Ariel Castro is the father of a six-year-old girl who was rescued from his house with three women this week, the state's top prosecutor said Friday.

Attorney general Mike DeWine's office confirmed Castro's paternity in a news release. He said that a sample of Castro's DNA was taken Thursday and forensic scientists worked through the night on the case.

The girl is the daughter of Amanda Berry, who authorities said was held for about a decade in Castro's house in Cleveland along with Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight. Castro is being held on $8m bond.

The development in the case comes a day after prosecutors said they may seek the death penalty against Castro. Police allege he impregnated one of his captives at least five times and made her miscarry by starving her and punching her in the stomach. The allegations contained in a police report also said another one of the women, Amanda Berry, was forced to give birth in a plastic children's pool.

....more at link

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/ma ... y-daughter

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:21 pm 

I read one article in which Michelle said there was one other girl there when he took her. But haven't read any more. I wonder if there was.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:23 pm 
ADMIN

There were a few "rumours" that seem to have gone away. Certaily a lot of talk about another woman.. who vanished and her name supposedly written with RIP in the basement?
All seems to have gone away?

I imagine more charges will follow.... but seems unlikely they would not have mentioned that extra victim?

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:55 pm 

Oh, this does NOT sound good. Dear Lord, please be with her.

Cleveland Kidnap Victim Michelle Knight Slips Away From Hospital and Family
http://abcnews.go.com/US/cleveland-kidn ... Y2ykbWR-So

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:04 pm 
ADMIN

I read earlier that she did not WANT contact with her own family... who were abusers before the kidnapping... and she had opted to stay with fellow victim.......

Ohio kidnap victim Michelle Knight to be 'adopted' by and live with family of fellow captive Gina DeJesus after refusing to see her mother after release from hospital

• Michelle Knight is in the care of Gina DeJesus' family following her release from the hospital
  • Her mother Barbara Knight has hired a lawyer to try to get access to her daughter
  • Michelle has asked for privacy to get over her trauma
  • Said to be in good spirits and grateful for fund to help the victims

By Michael Zennie In Cleveland and Rachel Quigley
PUBLISHED: 21:15 GMT, 10 May 2013 | UPDATED: 22:59 GMT, 10 May 2013

Gina DeJesus' family is planning to 'adopt' Michelle Knight and look after her as their daughter after Michelle rejected a meeting with her own mother, a friend of Felix and Nancy DeJesus has revealed to MailOnline.

Lupe Collins, a neighbor who helped the DeJesus family look for Gina since she disappeared in 2004, said Nancy DeJesus told her in a phone call on Thursday that she and her husband are trying to convince Michelle, now 32, to stay with them.

'She was Georgina’s sister for ten years in that house and she’s still her sister now,' Ms Collins said.

'They’re going to take her in as their own family member and help her.

'Michelle doesn’t want to go back to her own family because they abused her before she was kidnapped and they only want the money now.'

Michelle was released from the hospital on Friday and was taken to Gina's house.

Ms Collins said the DeJesus family will be able to offer Knight the loving household that she never had even before she was allegedly kidnapped by Ariel Castro.

'They’re a loving family, a giving family. Felix and Nancy will take care of her and make sure she gets the helps she needs,' Ms Collins said.

Two days ago, Gina triumphantly returned to the neighborhood and walked into her home and hundreds of neighbors and well-wishers cheered.

By contrast, Michelle's homecoming had no fanfare.

Her great aunt Deborah Knight and her brother Freddie told MailOnline today that they had no idea where Knight could stay when she was released from the hospital.

'I don't know where she'll go,' Ms Knight said from her dilapidated house on Cleveland's West Side.

However, Freddie Knight, 30, said he saw his sister in the hospital and she wants her family to be reunited.

....more at link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... Jesus.html

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:15 pm 

Thanks for the link. I had read that Michelle was expected at Gina's house, but had not yet arrived. So many rumors, guesses, and speculations at this point in time. I imagine it will be quite a while before much of the truth
is made public.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:35 pm 

"Castro will now go before a grand jury, at which point prosecutors say they will press the more serious death penalty charges relating to the multiple miscarriages that took place within the house."

Ohio prosecutors face hurdles in Ariel Castro death penalty pursuit
Experts say Ohio laws governing fetal homicides could be open to constitutional challenge as prosecutors look to press charges
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/ma ... th-penalty

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:40 pm 
ADMIN

Thanks dmoseylou.

I'll copy that post to Trials and Crimes... I want to pick out info that is more about the legal case that develops as opposed to "News" about victims etc.

Ariel Castro - 4 counts of kidnapping, 3 counts of rape
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=923&p=36819#p36819

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:10 am 

Oh, sorry! I should have thought to do that. Now I know. :D

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:18 am 
ADMIN

It's OK..... it's debatable which place is best with some of the news....

It's OK in both places :)

It might make more sense later... when most "news" will be about charges, evidence... and hearings.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:54 pm 

just us wrote:
hi ftsk420,

Ok so he is locked up with his own kind....so was Jeffery Dahmer and look what happened.

If you want him done in by others at prison then you don't want him on death row. If he is convicted and sentenced to life then there is a chance someone can get to him and off him but if he's on death row almost no chance at all.

Is he still wrong?"

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:57 pm 

dmoseylou wrote:
Hi, just us! Dahmer was not given the death penalty, so he was not isolated in a cell 23 1/2' a day.

"Dahmer, the model prisoner, convinced the prison authorities to allow him more contact with other inmates. He was able to eat in communal areas and he was given some janitorial work to do with other teams of inmates."
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/seri ... er/21.html

He and 2 other inmates were on a work detail, and 1 of the men attacked and killed Dahmer.

I sincerely hope Castro gets the Death Penalty, and I can not imagine that he will not.
It has got to be a special Hell on Earth to be caged for 23 1/2 hours a day. Chances are VERY remote that someone can get to him on Death Row. There are some things worse than death, and he deserves the worst of the worst for the rest of his pathetic life.

It's not gonna be easy to get death penalty unless you can prove that girl was pregnant and Castro forced her to miscarry. Unfortunately just her saying it happen isn't enough. Evidence is needed. I agree he should die.

Is he still wrong?"

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:31 pm 

An OB-GYN M.D. will be able to determine past pregnancies, but Michelle's family stated she had a child as a result of rape in junior (?) high school. Maybe testimony from Amanda and Gina? I really hope the pregs. can be verified so Castro spends the rest of his miserable life on Death Row.
Also, media reported (there is a link somewhere :roll: ) that CSI was hoping to find fluids / fetal remains in the house or yard. The yard was dug up, with dogs present but no remains were found, just animal bones. I have not read if they found anything in the house.

They also checked out a house 3 houses down with cadaver dogs. But, again, I have not read that they have released their findings to the public yet.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:34 pm 
ADMIN

DEAD GIVEAWAY - Hero Charles Ramsey Songified!

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:15 pm 

Wow, it still amazes me when I hear one of these "songified" videos. It's so catchy, too.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:37 pm 

Remote wrote:
I haven't gotten around to reading any of this story because it is just too EVIL!

But hubby came home yesterday and told me he heard that the neighbors had seen the women in the backyard naked with dog collars around their necks, chained?? :eek

It is just too much to bear!!

AND DID NOTHING? Once they heard screaming from inside there and called the police. They came, knocked, nobody answered, they left. Nice.

I think the one there the longest, who had I read 5 miscarriages due to starving and his jumping on her stomach to cause a miscarriage, is not in great shape, mentally. She was in the hospital the longest. Not sure if left - now. Wonder if she can ever have children? Not sure if she got along with her family even 11 years ago. Poor thing ...

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:39 pm 

I think I read there is a 14 year old girl missing, and also a 16 year old girl missing from right around there. Only the one "brother" I think...
His grown daughter said "He's dead. I don't ever want to talk to him again." Devastated. GOOD.