It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:31 pm 
ADMIN

Pictured: The three brothers 'who kidnapped three girls and kept them captive for 10 years' as it emerges the victims 'gave birth to at least FIVE babies in the home'

• Missing women Amanda Berry, 26, Gina DeJesus, 23, and Michele Knight, 32, were found on Monday after Amanda escaped and called 911
  • Girl, 6, also found alive after Amanda gave birth to her inside the home
  • Police sources claim one of the women had as many as three miscarriages because she was so malnourished
  • Police arrest 52-year-old 'captor' who owned house and his two brothers
  • The women - then girls - were kidnapped separately on the same street more than nine years ago and taken just three miles away
  • Authorities visited the home in 2004 but left after no one answered the door

By Meghan Keneally, Jill Reilly and Lydia Warren
PUBLISHED: 00:08 GMT, 7 May 2013 | UPDATED: 19:03 GMT, 7 May 2013

Ariel Castro, 52, (center left), and his brothers Onil, 50, (center) and Pedro, 54, (center right) have been arrested after three missing women were found at Ariel's Cleveland home (right) on Monday afternoon. Kidnap victim Amanda Berry, 26, (pictured left) managed to climb through a screen door while Ariel was out and she fled to a neighbor's home to call 911. Police also found Gina DeJesus, 23, and Michele Knight, 32, who had also been missing for a decade, along with a six-year-old girl. The child was born to Berry while she was held captive and now police sources have said at least five other children could have been born in the home. One of the women also suffered as many as three miscarriages as she was so malnourished.

....more at link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ALIVE.html

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:34 pm 
ADMIN

There is a LOT of detail revealed, rumoured and more to come I am sure.

I don't have time to do justice to all of this, so anybody interested please feel free to update and add details.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:19 pm 

Thanks for starting this Rump.

Truly a miracle they were finally found and saved :26

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:19 pm 
ADMIN

Ariel Castro charged with four counts of kidnapping and three counts of rape after he 'confesses' but his brothers WON'T face any charges

By Louise Boyle, Rachel Quigley and Paul Thompson
PUBLISHED: 21:08 GMT, 8 May 2013 | UPDATED: 22:37 GMT, 8 May 2013

Ariel Castro was today charged with four counts of kidnapping and three counts of rape after he allegedly confessed to abducting three young women and holding them captive in his home for ten years.

Police announced the charges today after arresting Castro and his two brothers Pedro and Onil on Monday. Ariel will make his first court appearance tomorrow amid tight security at Cleveland Municipal Court.

The Castro brothers will not be charged with anything in connection with the kidnapping of Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight, police said, as there is no evidence to connect them with these crimes.

They do, however, have outstanding misdemeanor warrants unrelated to the case which are being dealt with separately by police.

'There is no evidence that these two individuals had any involvement' in the crimes committed against the three women, Cleveland's Chief Assistant Prosecutor Victor Perez said.

It was also revealed in the press conference that Ariel Castro waived his Miranda rights and provided a detailed statement to police. He claimed there are no more victims.

The brothers spent their first nights in jail hearing death threats from fellow inmates and cries of 'don't feed the rapist'.

They were kept in separate cells at the Central Prison Unit at the Cleveland Police Headquarters in Ohio.

They were all accused of holding three women for a decade - Amanda Berry, 27, Gina DeJesus, 23, and 32-year-old Michele Knight - after abducting them between 2002 and 2004.

However the inmates' threats and abuse seemed to have little effect on the three brothers who reportedly slept soundly through the night.

One prison guard told the New York Daily News: 'They seem relaxed. Mostly they’ve just been sleeping with their heads under the pillows like they don’t want to be bothered.'

In the press conference this afternoon, police chief Ed Tomba said the women did not have any opportunity to escape and had only been outside the house twice in the last ten years.

'We were told they left the house and went into the garage in disguise. They never left the property.'

He said the first time they had been outside the house was on Monday when they managed to escape.

....more at link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... arges.html

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:25 pm 
ADMIN

I will start a thread in crimes and trials...... but general news can still be updated here.

The Crime and Trial thread will take over as specific evidence.information comes to light.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:18 pm 

Hold on a sec. Did they live in the house with him? Why were they arrested with him?

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:35 pm 
ADMIN

No

And no..... they were all rounded up and reported arrested soon after... but not necessarily arrested together

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:54 pm 

The neighbor stated he saw kids playing in the backyard. I have heard only one child was found in the house which leads me to believe someone visited that house and I would think his own brothers would have been there on occasion. They had to know what was going on. Those women were there for 10 years. His family had to know and I think participate in the horror.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:35 pm 

I haven't gotten around to reading any of this story because it is just too EVIL!

But hubby came home yesterday and told me he heard that the neighbors had seen the women in the backyard naked with dog collars around their necks, chained?? :eek

It is just too much to bear!!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:42 pm 
ADMIN

I think SOME caution is needed.

Some stories may turn out to be not true.

Really there is enough horror here... as it stands.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:44 pm 

I read the inmates were yelling "Don't feed the Rapists" when the 3 of them were brought in.....sounds like it will be a short stay for them if they ever go in general population.
Prison Justice can be swift. :fish

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:46 pm 

Oh, this is what I was SOOOOO hoping for, just us! I pray it is true and they will receive justice at the hands of other animals like them!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:54 pm 

I don't understand how the brothers are not charged?

The poor little baby born into this situation! I can only imagine what happened to her!! :10

Again, my husband also told me that when they would become pregnant, they would be beaten to the point of miscarrying? This story is just too evil to process. Even if all the extraneous stories are not true, just the fact that these poor, innocent girls were held in sex slave captivity for 10 years is enough to make anyone puke.

Their poor families thinking they were dead. Hell on earth. And now these poor, damaged women as they begin to TRY to heal from this life-altering abuse. Horrible.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:55 pm 
ADMIN

Caution ladies.

You have seen how the rabid lynch mobs carry on at JQ.

Prison "Justice" is the cry from JQ hags with every case.

I KNOW it seems VERY clear cut in THIS case... but there are calls for GZ to be brutalised, raped, and murdered by the Enforcement arm of JQ (Prison scum are "their guys" at times like this)

My hope is for a swift trial... as swift as possible.

There are things WORSE than banning I can do....... I could send you both BACK to "The Island" :slap

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:02 am 
ADMIN

'If the baby died, he'd kill her': Michelle Knight was forced to deliver Amanda Berry's baby and give her CPR to save both their lives - police report reveals terrifying ordeal of girls in house of horrors

• New report details shocking life in Cleveland home where the three women were held captive for about 10 years
  • Michelle Knight, now 32, says how she saved the life of Amanda Berry's newborn daughter by resuscitating her after she was born
  • She says that her alleged abductor, Ariel Castro, threatened to kill Amanda if her baby died
  • Reports say that Castro played cruel games with the girls by pretending to go out, but instead lie in wait to see if they would try to leave

By Paul Thompson, Louise Boyle and Rachel Quigley
PUBLISHED: 23:16 GMT, 8 May 2013 | UPDATED: 00:23 GMT, 9 May 2013

Image Image
First pictures: Michelle Knight, pictured as a teenager before her disappearance in 2002, has told
authorities how her abductor repeatedly punched her in the stomach to force her to miscarry her child

The eldest of three women held captive in the Cleveland 'house of horrors' has told police how she had to give a fellow captive's newborn daughter CPR as their alleged abductor threatened to kill them.

Michelle Knight, now 32, says she saved the life of Amanda Berry's daughter after she was born by giving her the kiss of life.

The girl, named Jocelyn, was not breathing and Castro allegedly told her that if the baby died, he would kill her mother.

The report goes into detail on the harrowing minutes Knight battled to save Jocelyn's life after the girl was born in an inflatable pool.

It said Castro stood over them as the girl was delivered. It is not known what - if any - medical supplies were used during the birth six years ago.

She said that she put her mouth to Jocelyn's and 'breathed for her' - to save both their lives.

After saving the infant's life, Knight was told to clean up the mess.

The shocking treatment endured by the women for more than a decade was revealed in a leaked police report containing the statements of Michelle, Amanda and Gina DeJesus.

The report details how Castro initially held all three women chained up in the basement, but later allowed them to live together on the second floor after years in captivity.

On the two occasions they were allowed out into the daylight, they were taken out into the backyard, but were heavily disguised with wigs and sunglasses.

Castro also made sure Jocelyn - his daughter with Amanda - did not know the real names of DeJesus or Knight - because he didn't want the young girl to repeat their names in public.

Knight told investigators she fell pregnant five times, but lost the baby each time. She said she was starved and repeatedly punched in the stomach to force her to miscarry.

DeJesus told police that she did not think she ever became pregnant during her captivity.

The report said that none of the three women ever saw a doctor or had medical treatment in the decade they were held captive.

It also reveals how when police forced their way into the house a terrified DeJesus jumped into the arms of the police officer.

The report obtained by NBC station WKYC reveals for the first time how Berry was able to escape and raise the alarm.

...more at link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... lives.html

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:07 am 

Remote wrote:
I don't understand how the brothers are not charged?

The poor little baby born into this situation! I can only imagine what happened to her!! :10

Again, my husband also told me that when they would become pregnant, they would be beaten to the point of miscarrying? This story is just too evil to process. Even if all the extraneous stories are not true, just the fact that these poor, innocent girls were held in sex slave captivity for 10 years is enough to make anyone puke.

Their poor families thinking they were dead. Hell on earth. And now these poor, damaged women as they begin to TRY to heal from this life-altering abuse. Horrible.

The news did report there were binding materials found (ropes and chains, etc..) and the windows were covered. 10 years of total enslavement. I can only hope that the 3 women were allowed to live among each other and give one another strength and care. Just horrible :(

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:27 am 
ADMIN

People have got over such ordeals... the Holocaust/concentration camps for instance.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:28 am 
ADMIN

'I am a sexual predator and I need help': 2004 letter 'written by Ariel Castro' and found in his home describes how he wanted to kill himself and asks 'why I went looking for a third victim when I already had two?'

• Reporter claims to have a copy of a letter written by Cleveland kidnapping suspect Ariel Castro, in which he describes wanting to kill himself
  • In the letter, Castro allegedly confesses to the crimes and how he thought victim Gina DeJesus looked older than she was
  • Castro has been charged with four counts of kidnapping and three counts of rape

By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 06:35 GMT, 9 May 2013 | UPDATED: 07:10 GMT, 9 May 2013

A letter purportedly written by Cleveland kidnapping suspect Ariel Castro has been revealed in which he admits that he is a sexual predator who 'needs help.'

Castro owned the home in which three women - Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight - were held captive for about 10 years before they escaped on Monday.

Castro's home on Seymour Avenue is now a crime scene, with investigators carrying out numerous pieces of evidence - including ropes and chains.

Among the items collected was reportedly a letter, in which Castro allegedly confesses to his crimes and writes about his desire to kill himself 'and give all the money I saved to my victims.'

19 Action News reporter Scott Taylor says he received a copy of the letter, which he claims was written in 2004 and found by police inside Castro's house.

Taylor posted excerpts of the letter on his Twitter page late Wednesday night, including a confession that he was 'a sexual predator' and 'I need help.'

In one, Taylor says that Castro didn't know why he kept looking for another victim, because 'I already had 2 in my possession.'

In another, Castro allegedly wrote that he was surprised how young his daughter's best friend Gina DeJesus was - because he 'thought she was much older.'

One other excerpt revealed by Taylor even appears to blame his victims for their predicament, saying: 'They are here against their will because they made a mistake of getting in a car with a total stranger.'

....more at link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... mself.html

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:29 pm 
ADMIN

Ariel Castro 'kept his WIFE chained up in the basement where he later locked his victims and whipped her with dog chains'

• Castro 'kicked Grimilda Figueroa in the stomach when she was pregnant'
  • Alleged treatment foreshadows the crimes 'he inflicted on his captives'
  • 2005 court filing claims she suffered two broken noses, a blood clot on the brain, shattered ribs and a knocked-out tooth at the hands of Castro
  • Documents: He 'frequently abducts his daughters from his mother'
  • Figueroa's brother says he believes the abuse killed her; she died last year

By Lydia Warren
PUBLISHED: 14:09 GMT, 9 May 2013 | UPDATED: 14:52 GMT, 9 May 2013

Ariel Castro kept his former wife tied up in his basement and whipped her with dog chains, according to her former boyfriend, foreshadowing the horrific crimes he would later allegedly inflict on his three captives.

Fernando Colon, who welcomed Castro's wife Nilda Figueroa into his home after she left her abusive husband, said that the man would viciously kick her in the stomach while she was pregnant.

Castro similarly beat his kidnapped victims, Amanda Berry, Michelle Knight and Gina DeJesus, after he raped them and they fell pregnant, according to reports.

He has been charged with three counts of rape and four counts of kidnapping after Berry managed to escape the Cleveland home on Monday and alerted authorities to their horrendous plight.

....more at link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... hains.html

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:31 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
No

And no..... they were all rounded up and reported arrested soon after... but not necessarily arrested together

I read the were arrested together.

"If a man talks in a forest, and there is no woman there to hear him.

Is he still wrong?"