It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 5:28 pm 

Parkland shooter described plans on cellphone video
By WSVN | 7NewsMiami | May 30, 2018

(CNN) — The former student who gunned down 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, recorded his plans on three cellphone videos, saying in one that he would try to kill at least 20 people.

According to newly released transcripts of the videos obtained from a source close to the investigation, Nikolas Cruz details how he will carry out the shooting.

“I’m gonna go take Uber in the afternoon before 2:40 (p.m.). From there I’ll go into — onto school campus, walk up the stairs, unload my bags and get my AR and shoot people down at the man — what is it? — the main courtyard, wait, and people will die,” he says.

Investigators discovered the videos on Cruz’s cellphone, which was taken into evidence after the shooting. The videos are listed on the prosecution’s discovery list. Authorities didn’t say when the videos were recorded.

In another video, Cruz says, “Today is the day. The day it all begin. The day of my massacre shall begin. All the kids in school will run and fear and hide. From the wrath of my power they will know who I am.”

“Hello, my name is Nick and I’m going to be the next school shooter of 2018,” says Cruz at the start of another video. “My goal is at least 20 people with an AR-15 and a couple tracer rounds.”

“It’s going to be a big event. And when you see me on the news, you’ll all know who I am,” he said before laughing.

He ends that video saying, “You’re all going to die. Pew, pew-pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew. Ah yeah. Can’t wait.”

Video at link: https://wsvn.com/news/local/parkland-sh ... one-video/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:22 pm 

Parkland shooter Nikolas Cruz during confession: 'Kill me'
By Paula McMahon, Tonya Alanez, Lisa J. Huriash | Sun-Sentinel | August 6, 2018

Just a few minutes after a Broward Sheriff’s Office detective started interviewing the Parkland shooter about how he massacred 17 people, he offered the young man some cold water.

“I don’t deserve it,” Nikolas Cruz told him.

The detective walked outside to get him some water anyway.

“Kill me. Just f---ing kill me. F---,” Cruz said, while he was alone in the interview room but still being recorded.

Cruz said he had been hearing a voice or demons speaking to him for years — right up until that morning and the night before. He claimed it started after his dad died when he was little and that it had gotten worse since his mom died in November, three months before the shooting. He described it as the voice of a young man, about his age, speaking inside his head. He said he the only person he had ever told about it was his brother.

“Burn, kill, destroy,” he said the “evil” voice told him. It also told him to buy a gun and hurt people — but didn’t suggest specific victims, he claimed.

Two or three weeks earlier, he had planned to go to a park and shoot people there, but he didn’t go through with it, he said. He couldn’t explain why but later described himself as a “coward.”

Most of the Parkland school shooter’s hours-long confession to the massacre of 17 people was released Monday afternoon by the Broward State Attorney’s Office. His self-incriminating statement was recorded on video just hours after the Valentines Day shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High.

The cameras were rolling for the entire 11 hours Cruz was in the interrogation room, starting around 6:15 p.m. on Feb. 14. The interview was conducted — with breaks — over about six and a half of those hours. The rest of the time, Cruz was left alone and allowed to meet with his brother before he was taken to jail early the morning of Feb. 15.

The 216-page transcript includes 30 pages that are completely blacked out and another 50 that are partially redacted. The video will be released Tuesday.

More at link: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/browa ... tory.html#