It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:43 am 

I like your site, sorry for guardian link. Your site finally loaded the graph, I was only seeing a blank page with lots of adverts. ;)

Fingers crossed!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:48 am 
ADMIN

K

Strange.. Site loads and updates instantly for me... and you KNOW the imitations of my Steam-driven system

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:01 am 
ADMIN

Just to illustrate how really stupid the NZ system is.

Winston Peters may well LOSE his electoral seat (Northland). This is the ONLY actual electoral seat NZ First won (he did not win the seat in 2014, but gained it in a bi-election in 2015)... yet with 8.7% of the party vote they gained 11 seats in Parliament... go figure.

And this time..... NZ First could end up winning NO SEATS... and yet still rate 9 seats in parliament... one of them being Winston himself.. who has been (maybe) REJECTED by voters in his electorate region.... go figure that :94

AND... Winston (rejected in his own electorate) could even be the "king maker"... he could form a coalition with Labour OR National.. and decide who governs for the next 4 years!! :wall

And.. another silly example
GREEN leader will get in along with a few others. HE is running at a distant 3rd place in his electorate... demonstrating people DO NOT WANT HIM... yet he too will be an MP and may well influence government for 4 years

ETA
And another REALLY silly aspect is that in addition to 64 "Electorates".. as you would expect covering various geographic regions. We also have 7 "Maori Electorates"... large (essentially Tribal) Regions. People who CLAIM Maori heritage get to decide whether they vote for a normal General Electorate.. or a Maori electorate. :doh
The Maori vote has alway gone en mass to LABOUR and so this amounts to a 7 seat head-start for Labour. It did give rise to a "Maori Party" which beat labour for a couple of seats.. but that aberration seems to have ended this election with all 7 looking to have reverted to The Tribal serfs voting unthinkingly for their patronizing Labour masters.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:35 am 
ADMIN

Saw a TV prediction.... just an indicator of the Daft (low info voter) redistribution

Labour look to likely GAIN 13 seats
Greens lose 7 seats
NZ First lose 2 seats

So a net gain of 4 for the Daft Block.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:23 am 
ADMIN

With more than 50% counted....

Looks good.... National plus Act gain 60 seats... but sadly 61 is required to avoid silly Parties totally.

TV pundits say that their "prediction model" suggests that the total of 59 National will DROP.... but what do pundits know :roll

Also I assume the ACT electorate seat despite gaining only 0.5% of party vote will cause the "overhang" seat again? So there will be 121 seats?

There is talk that ACT will NOT join a coalition with National and Winston First. Makes sense. There will be no point and minor parties lose their separate identity when they join a coalition.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:46 am 
ADMIN

Overall... it is actually gratifying to see minor parties gradually dropping out of the system. In that sense it is gradually self correcting

We have lost Maori Party and United future, and Greens have half the seats they had previously, NZ first have less seats too
Jim Anderton's Progressive Party (Loony Left) went tits-up long ago, and other minor parties on the fringes are no longer a threat.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:49 am 
ADMIN

I predict a National + NZ First coalition... Heaven help us!!!

Winston and several of his members taking CABINET positions in a Government, despite ALL of the NZ First candidates being REJECTED by voters!!! (in their electorate)

I can't see a 3-way coalition Labour + NZ First + Greens working at all.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:59 am 
ADMIN

NOTE:
As mentioned there has been a surge in the Labour vote, but thankfully 2/3 of it was at the expense of Maori Party, Greens, and NZ first.
IMO the surge in the "Daft Vote" is due to a "group-think" CULT attraction to Lucinda Ardern. The labour MP's generally are not much cop. They would struggle to find a competent few to promote to Cabinet positions. If Labour added in the INSANE "Carbon obsessed" Greens it would be a total disaster for NZ.

NZ First are a talentless bunch too... but National will be the senior partner in a coalition.. and they at least have competent, experienced members.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:57 am 
ADMIN

All over... bar the shouting :cool

Pundits say that with Special Votes... National could lose 1 or 2 seats, and Labour could gain them.

But that will NOT change the situation.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:42 pm 

GREAT News!

I stayed up and watched until 50% was counted and hoping for this outcome.

:63

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:01 pm 
ADMIN

Yeah... given that NZ politics are Stuffed (Mostly) It was probably best outcome possible.

As I already mentioned... the ridiculous MMP system is self-correcting to some extent with minor (daft) parties dropping away and having less effect.
THE GREENS are down to 5.9%. For the future, it would be good if they fell below 5% and so FAILED to gain list seats at all. They are unlikely to ever have a Candidate win an Electorate seat... a distant 3rd place is a "result" for these dopes.
The NZ population has a large "Environmentalist" disorder.. there always will be "Climate Change" insanity... but many of those vote Labour anyway... it would be better if a few Green voters went with Labour. Labour MIGHT gain a seat or 2 but it would remove the 10 or so additional Green Party MP's.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:50 pm 
ADMIN

The official election result is expected to be declared on October 7.

I can't see this being anything other than a coalition NATIONAL (58) + NZ FIRST (9)

A 67 seat Majority in the 120 seat Parliament

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:14 am 
ADMIN

NZ politics is coming back to me.. a bit. :95

The ACT Party actually WON an electorate seat (Epsom), but only 0.5% of the nation-wide party vote. David Seymour won the electorate seat of Epsom. That gains ACT the one seat in Parliament, but with less than 1.2% of the Party vote, they do not rate a second seat. I should point out that ACT was once a serious "Libertarian" (right wing ..ish) Party, and I even gave them my Party vote in the early days. (I was a Richard Prebble and Roger Douglas fan). Back then they gained 7%+ of the vote and had 7 then 9 Members in parliament... a Proper Party you might say. With personnel changes/retirements, by 2005, ACT had lost favour (down to only 1.5% Party vote), but they "did a deal" with National... who advised their voters to vote for the ACT candidate in the Epsom electorate, rather than split the "right" vote and let Labour win that seat, and because at the time ACT looked like falling below the Party vote threshold of 5% to gain any seats in parliament on Party vote alone. ACT needed to win an electorate seat (Epsom) to get into Parliament at all. It looked like they could get past 1.2% and rate TWO MP's if they gained a place in Parliament at all. The "scam" worked in 2005. Act gained a single electorate seat, but with over 1.5% of party vote they rated a second MP... TWO MP's to join in coalition with National.
THAT deal still holds (to some extent) and is the reason that David Seymour won the seat this time, even though the ACT party is almost completely out of favour. It is said that Epsom National voters are likely to abandon ACT next time, since it is no longer much of a party. This Parliament will likely see ACT no longer being a National coalition partner, and so I doubt National voters in Epsom will continue to vote for the ACT candidate.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:53 pm 
ADMIN

Believe it or not..... Winston Peters is up to his old tricks.... Holding the Nation to Ransom. :wall

As I mentioned... "NZ FIRST" is basically the "Winstone First" party... his popularity among some voters.. drags into parliament, not only HIM... but a dubious bunch of his mates. He has come close to not gaining any seats... but he dribbles on... and now has power to control who actually forms the Government... even though clearly National is preferred choice... Winston could decide Labour (+Greens) :wall

"Discussions" (Winston's ransom demands) are STILL ongoing.... a Month after the election :doh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:55 pm 
ADMIN

Why bother voting? The election results are irrelevant
13 Oct, 2017 1:19pm
Comment by Peter Wilson

The election results are starting to seem irrelevant as the outcome steadily boils down to a decision that's going to be taken by a group of 21 MPs and party officials.

National won 56 seats and Labour 46, a total of 102 in a parliament of 120 members, but it's a party with nine seats that's calling all the shots.

Prime Minister Bill English and Leader of the Opposition Jacinda Ardern, who between them command those 102 seats, have no influence whatsoever over what happens next.

NZ First's caucus and its board will decide which of them leads the next government through a process the public will have no access to.

And if NZ First had its way, they wouldn't even know who 12 of the decision makers were.

The party's caucus and its board will decide the outcome at a joint meeting.

There are 14 board members, including leader Winston Peters and his deputy Ron Mark.

Meet the people who will agree upon the next Government

The names of the board members have never been secret, and Peters points out they were all at NZ First's last annual conference where they would have been seen "by anyone paying attention".

But they're not identified on the party's website, and Peters defends that.

....more at link
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic ... d=11932747

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:31 am 
ADMIN

Un-Be-Fucking-lievable :wall

Winston Peters decides to form the next NZ Government with.... LABOUR (and the fucking loony Greens)!!!!!! :doh

Greens will offer "confidence and supply sitting outside government. (blackmailing)

Jacinda Ardern (The Marxist Horse-face dope) will be NZ PM!! Winston will be Deputy PM

Can you say "Constitutional Crisis"

I said the "Mixed Member Proportional" (MMP) electoral system was NUTS when first adopted.... and WHO listened to me?.....

FUCKING NOBODY!!..... That's who listened to me :59

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:38 am 
ADMIN

Labour finally retake power after Winston Peters gives Jacinda Ardern his support
JO MOIR. Last updated 19:28, October 19 201

After nearly two weeks of negotiations, Mr Peters announced his decision today.

Jacinda Ardern will become Prime Minister as the Labour Party retake power after nine years in the cold.

Ardern learnt she's the country's new leader of the country at the same time as the public.

Meanwhile, National leader Bill English also found out he lost the role of prime minister at the same time.

...more at link
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politi ... is-support

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:39 am 

I just saw the "breaking news", Rumpole.

Not really understanding since she didn't WIN the election.

I hope your people stay calm and don't go crazy in the streets. :eek

-----------
ETA: "Peters has been offered the role of deputy prime minister as part of the negotiations with Labour."

Ya don't say, imagine this.

Thanks for the article.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:46 am 
ADMIN

Let's remember - Final Election Results....

http://www.electionresults.govt.nz/elec ... ults_2017/

Clearly NATIONAL was preferred!!! (44.4% of the vote)

Labour (36.9) + NZ First (7.2) combined = 44.1 %

NZ First DID NOT WIN A SINGLE ELECTORATE SEAT..... no district chose their daft MP's... not even Winston himself!!

Of the 71 Electorates (districts)
41 chose a National MP
1 chose an ACT MP (National lite)

Only 29 chose a Labour MP, and NOBODY chose a NZ First MP.. (Also NOBODY chose a Green MP)

I DEMAND A NEW ELECTION!!