It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:29 pm 

Shooting at high school in Parkland, Broward County, FL around 3:00PM ET.
Student suspect is in custody.
No confirmation on how many injured or deceased. Waiting for presser with Sheriff.
Shep Smith is the WORST reporter on breaking news like this, EVER.

LIVE Coverage from station providing feed to Fox News:

https://wsvn.com/news/local/authorities ... ouglas-hs/

LIVE WFTV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0CgcgOJtgw

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:26 pm 
ADMIN

Suspect in Custody Nicolas de Jesus Cruz

My guess a Democrat voter.......

I wonder if he is a "Dreamer" :roll

Quote:
“We were told last year that he wasn’t allowed on campus with a backpack on him,” said math teacher Jim Gard, who said the former student suspected in the shootings had been in his class last year. “There were problems with him last year threatening students, and I guess he was asked to leave campus.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/e ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:02 pm 
ADMIN

Daily Mail.... some photos

'at least seven dead' and up to 50 injured

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... oting.html

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:28 pm 
ADMIN

Sheriff Israel Presser

17 dead ...... Students and "adults" (teachers maybe?)

Has no idea about other casualty numbers... 14 at least went to hospital.. 2 died.

Perp 19 (b'day Sept)... he was expelled from the school

Sheriff says suspect had countless magazines and one AR-15 rifle.. (other weapons??)

This presser and this sheriff giving me the same feeling I had with Las Vegas pressers... I hope this guy ups his game :doh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:30 am 
ADMIN

Daily Mail - Updated

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:46 am 
ADMIN

We need to know....

Who are his parents...other adults in his life..... where were they when this guy was being psychotic in the past.. and today.

Who are his immediate family? (siblings)

What (if any) dogma did he adhere to. (Leftist nut job perhaps?)

With a name like Cruz... gotta ask what his (and his family's) immigration status is

Nick Cruz... son of Ted... The Zodiac Killer!

And..... He's Ginger.... it figures!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:12 am 

He's NOT a ginger, Rumpole, that is dye on his hair. Besides, one of my grandsons is a sorta-ginger (growing out of it) and is precious. Enough with the labels. ;)

Cruz was adopted as a young child and his mother passed away three months ago. I have no idea about his adoptive dad. How did his mother die? :roll

Sounds like he has been a ticking bomb for the past year. Many obvious signs of a disturbed young man for whatever reasons. It could be genetic, who knows?

--------------------
Hannity tonight was unbearable to watch, but I did anyway. He's all for schools being guarded and harped about it the entire hour. Then Geraldo goes off on something, IDK, I muted him. Then Sheriff Clarke calmly, in an indirect way, scolds Geraldo's hysteria. I hope y'all saw it.

Because, I think Hannity is wrong. This guy ambushed and killed the school's security guard when he first arrived (from what I read). Maybe the athletic director was guarding the door. You'd think a high school with 3k students would have some type of security. I agree that schools need to be safe and secure for the kids... but a lone, armed guard is not going to deter someone like this Cruz guy from doing what he had planned and determined to do for however long.

Thanks, Rumpole for making the new folder and keeping up with it today. :)

So sad and senseless.

Last edited by Molly on Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:22 am 
ADMIN

Well... he looks like a Ginger to me!! :stamp

I KNOW gingers!!! The most psychotic cats in the universe....

.... but I do concede they can also be loving (to certain favored people) if you know how to handle them. :cat

-----
I had Hannity on Mute... didn't even look at picture for most of it. I know shootings etc are BIG NEWS... but personally I can not stand the coverage all day long on every show.

Coincidentally, the one bit of Hannity I did see was Whorealdo boggle-eyed going off.. it was obvious just from the picture... I switched sound on to hear Larry Elder slap Whorealdo down (about banning guns)... since MOST shootings are hand guns.. not AR-15's.. as we have to point out to dopes like Whorealdo every time!! I switched back to mute so missed Sheriff Clarke.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:29 pm 
ADMIN

Nicholas de Jesus Cruz

Prosecutors have charged Nikolas Cruz Wednesday with 17 counts of premeditated murder

Here’s what we know about Cruz now:
  • Cruz’s mother died in November. His father had died years earlier.
  • He and his brother were adopted.
  • He went to live with a friend’s family after his mother’s death.
  • Cruz had been expelled from school
  • He legally purchased an AR-15 rifle about a year ago
  • He had posted “disturbing” material on social media, according to Israel.
  • Buzzfeed is reporting that the FBI was warned about a YouTube user named Nikolas Cruz after he posted in September that he was “going to be a professional school shooter.
  • The Miami Herald reports that a teacher at the school said Cruz had been identified as a potential threat to fellow students in the past. Math teacher Jim Gard told the Herald, “There were problems with him last year threatening students, and I guess he was asked to leave campus.”
  • The shooting started outside the building, then Cruz went into the school and continued shooting
  • Authorities think he walked out with other students after the shootings
  • He had “multiple” magazines of ammunition
  • He had an AR-15 weapon
  • He had a gas mask and smoke grenades
  • He pulled the fire alarm as he went into the school and then began shooting
  • He was taken into custody off-campus
  • He is a Ginger

...more at link
http://www.wftv.com/news/trending-now/w ... /700039316

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:41 pm 
ADMIN

Watching presser...

I do appreciate First responders.. of course.. but these pressers with everybody taking turns at SELF congratulations... saying how "Marvelous" all the first responders were does not achieve much. It is (I guess) good Pr for LE and paramedics, but at the same time they evade real questions... or any issues that might be worth noting to avoid them in the future.
I am reminded of the pressers after Las Vegas shootings.... again lots of praise for "first responders" but a confused and inaccurate narrative in regards what actually happened... still confused to this day.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:06 pm 
ADMIN

Shep Smith.... :roll

He opens show with (unconfirmed) claim the Cruz was a "White Nationalist".... :doh

In Sheps delusional world that is TRUE.. and now imprinted.... I am sure Shep already sees this as "Trump's Fault"

I wonder if Shep will consider the fact that (as far as we know) the victims were white? Hard to see how this fits (even a little bit) into a (racist) "White Nationalist" narrative :wall

There were rumors yesterday that the guy was ANTIFA (and a registered Democrat).... rumors come and rumors go :roll

AND... he will be demanding "tougher gun laws"... regardless of the fact that the worst gun statistics are in places that already have "Tough Gun laws"

ETA
During the last presser, the Sheriff said there were no ties to any supremacy groups.
The guy who claimed this tie is a larper on 4Chan....
Shep Smith as well as Liberal Media were fooled.. again... but as I said the false notion is imprinted and will persist... FOR EVER!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:34 pm 
ADMIN

Note - Nikolas Jacob Cruz

Name originally reported as "Nicholas de Jesus Cruz"
"Nikolas" Spelling corrected later, and Booking document shows middle name "Jacob"

Six page arrest warrant:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... rrest.html

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:43 pm 
ADMIN

Nikolas Cruz: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
Heavy.com

1. Cruz Told a Friend ‘I Don’t Go to School on Valentine’s Day’ & Went to Subway & McDonalds After He Managed to Blend in With Fleeing Students

2. Cruz Was Expelled After a Fight, Was Abusive Toward His Ex-Girlfriend & Was Deemed to Be a Threat to Other Students, a Teacher & a Classmate Say

3. He Posted Photos of Guns & Knives on Instagram, Called His Weapons an ‘Arsenal,’ & Appears to Have Left Threatening YouTube Comments

4. A Student Says ‘Everyone Predicted’ the Suspect Would Be the Shooter

5. Horrific Videos Captured the Moment Panicked Students Hid in Classrooms as Gunshots Rang Out During the 18th Shooting at a School in 2018

...more at link
https://heavy.com/news/2018/02/nicolas- ... instagram/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:17 pm 
ADMIN

The Truth About The Florida School Shooting and Nikolas Cruz
Stefan Molyneux

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:49 pm 
ADMIN

The FBI had a tip that Nikolas Cruz wanted to kill people — and didn’t act
By Jen Kirbyjen. Updated Feb 16, 2018, 9:27pm EST

The FBI had a tip that Nikolas Cruz owned guns, wanted to kill people, and could be a future school shooter more than a month before Cruz killed 17 people at a high school in Parkland, Florida, on Wednesday.

But the tip wasn’t passed on or properly investigated, the FBI admitted in a statement Friday.

According to the FBI, a person close to Nikolas Cruz called in with concerns about him on January 5, 2018 — more than a month before Wednesday’s massacre. The tipster described Cruz’s gun ownership, his “desire to kill people, erratic behavior, and disturbing social media posts, as well as the potential of him conducting a school shooting,” the bureau said in a statement.

The tip should have been forwarded to the Miami field office and investigated. But that didn’t happen, the FBI said in a statement: “Protocols were not followed.” The Miami field office did not receive the tip, and “no further investigation was conducted at this time.”

The stunning oversight on the part of law enforcement is likely to generate scrutiny on how law enforcement handles its investigations in such cases.

...more at link
https://www.vox.com/2018/2/16/17020764/ ... uthorities

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:12 am 
ADMIN

The Florida School Shooting Story Changes | Nikolas Cruz Warning Signs
Stefan Molyneux

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:04 pm 

I am so tired of this. Also sick of seeing that one kid (whose father is retired FBI) being bullied by social media and MSM.
HE IS A KID, ffs.

The system messed up, and I am horrified that so many innocent children and school employees were killed :rose , but IMHO, it is not about the guns. I hate it when people use something like this to selfishly politicize and make it about them. I just can't imagine what the parents and families are going through watching (IF they are) all this hate and fake news, while trying to grieve.

So I needed to vent, no matter whether anyone sees it or likes it. :(

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:51 pm 
ADMIN

Vent away Molly :)

I have TV muted... but it's kids protesting live... giving speeches.

Demanding "action now" etc.

I see how they need to "vent"... part of "therapy" even... but not likely to come up with a rational assessment, or solution.

Each incident is different, and this one is CLEARLY the "fault" of the FBI. Rather than "tougher gun laws" this incident points to urgent need to FIRE some people at FBI.. and hire better people.

Quote:
Blue Moon
These kids in Florida have every right to be up front and center and express their concerns about this horrible tragedy that occurred in their school. BUT that being said they are “acting” for the world to see them. They are rehearsed with speeches written for them. And they are reading off of teleprompters. One guy just said he just didn’t know if he was going to be traumatized over this. WTH? I would believe them more if they said this with their own words and not the words of the CNN producers. JMO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:27 pm 
ADMIN

The Ugly Truth About Mass Shooters
Stefan Molyneux

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:36 pm 
ADMIN

Marjory Stoneman Douglas' armed police officer RESIGNS as it emerges he HID during massacre and never went in to the school

• Marjory Stoneman Douglas's resource officer Scot Peterson 'never went in' during the massacre
  • Instead of confronting the gunman he stayed outside the school at his station
  • An officer claims Peterson hid behind a cement column during the shooting
  • Sheriff Scott Israel said he should've 'went in, addressed the killer, and killed'
  • Israel said Peterson's lack of action made him 'sick to [his] stomach'
  • Peterson received award in 2014 for 'tact and judgment' from City of Parkland
  • The 54-year-old was nominated for Parkland deputy of the year in 2017

By Abigail Miller For Dailymail.com
Published: 10:40 AEDT, 23 February 2018 | Updated: 14:52 AEDT, 23 February 2018

SRO Scot Peterson

The armed security guard stationed at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School did nothing to stop the attack, instead hiding from gunman Nikolas Cruz when he opened fire, killing 17 on February 14.

Scot Peterson, the school's resource officer, did not confront the gunman and instead stood positioned outside the school during the massacre, Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said Thursday.

The 54-year-old 'never went in,' Israel explained, citing security footage, and adding that he was armed and in uniform when bullets started to rain.

And in an interview with the New York Times, Coral Springs Officer Burton revealed Peterson hid from Cruz when the teenager started shooting.

Burton said Peterson 'was seeking cover behind a concrete column leading to a stairwell,' because he was worried Cruz could be lurking in the lot. He said Peterson couldn't hear gunshots or screams to lead him to the precise location of the shooting.

Israel said Peterson resigned when he was told he was being suspended without pay while police conduct an internal investigation, NBC Los Angeles reported. He said the disgraced-cop said he'd met the requirements for retirement.

'After seeing video and witness statements, and Peterson's own statement, I decided this morning... to suspend Scot Peterson without pay pending an internal investigation,' Israel said.

He said the video shows Peterson arrive at Building 12, where most of the killing took place, and then took position outside the school.

Apart from getting 'on his radio' to alert police of the situation, Peterson did 'nothing' to prevent 17 innocent people, including 14 children, from being slaughtered, Israel said.

Israel said that instead of just standing there, Peterson should have 'went in, addressed the killer and killed the killer,' adding that instead he 'stood outside for upwards of four minutes.'

He said that Peterson's lack of action left him 'devastated. Sick to my stomach. There are no words.' According to the Times, as Israel spoke there were tears in his eyes and he 'appeared emotional.'

Peterson never discharged his gun during the shooting.

When the attack ended Cruz managed to ditch his semiautomatic AR-15 and slip away on foot. Within about seven minutes from when the gunfire began he was out of the school and in a nearby neighborhood where he was ultimately stopped by an officer from a neighboring police department.

...more at link