All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:38 pm 

Live coverage.

Shooting at New Zealand Mosques - LIVE BREAKING NEWS COVERAGE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:38 pm 
ADMIN

Christchurch mosque shootings: One arrested, at least nine dead
16:26, Mar 15 2019

One person has been arrested, but police believe there may be other offenders involved in the fatal shootings of at least nine people at two mosques in Christchurch.

Sources say nine people have been confirmed dead following the shootings at the Masjid Al Noor on Deans Ave and the Linwood Masjid on Linwood Ave.

Police Commissioner Mike Bush said police were responding to "a very serious and tragic incident involving an active shooter in central Christchurch".

"One person is in custody, however police believe there may be other offenders.

"This is an evolving incident and we are working to confirm the facts, however we can confirm there have been a number of fatalities."

....more at link
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/111313 ... rch-mosque

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:42 pm 
ADMIN

Christchurch shooting: multiple fatalities after mass shooting at two mosques – live updates

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/ ... ident-live

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:43 pm 

The manifesto, shooter posted on FaceBook

NEW ZEALAND SHOOTER'S MANIFESTO
Uploaded by Nick Monroe
https://www.scribd.com/document/4019419 ... -MANIFESTO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:09 am 
ADMIN

Hard to NOT imagine a connection with the touring Bangladesh Cricket team....

In Christchurch for the start of a 5 day test match tomorrow.

3rd Test Bangladesh V New Zealand
SAT 16/3 - 11:00 AM NZDT

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:35 am 
ADMIN

Presser - NZ Police...
New Zealand police commissioner Mike Bush is speaking now.

Four people are in custody - three men and one woman
Mike Bush has confirmed that four people are in custody, but that things are moving very quickly.
He will not confirm if it is a terrorist attack, but says “it does not get more serious than this”.

A number of bombs were attached to cars, says police commissioner
Bush says that he can confirm there were a number of IEDs attached to cars that have been made safe now.
“This speaks to the seriousness of what occurred,” said Bush.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:40 am 

LIVE: Police address mass shooting at Christchurch, New Zealand mosque [5:29min]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:47 am 
ADMIN

Mosque shooting: Christchurch gunman livestreamed shooting
15 Mar, 2019 4:00pm

A horrific shooting at a Christchurch mosque was livestreamed for 17 minutes by the gunman.

The shooter identified himself as "Brenton Tarrant" - a white, 28-year-old Australian-born man. Twitter has shut down a user account in that name.

The gunman published an online link to a lengthy "manifesto", which the Herald has chosen not to report.

Police Commissioner Mike Bush said he was aware that footage of the shooting was on social media and police were doing everything they could to get it removed.

"It shouldn't be in the public domain."

Australian media have reported that New South Wales counter-terrorism police were carrying out out activities in the Coffs Harbour area of New South Wales.

It was not known whether "Tarrant" was from Coffs Harbour but he was certainly from NSW, Nine News Sydney reported.

It's believed the man may have family in Grafton, northeast of Coffs Harbour.

...more at link
posting.php?mode=edit&f=31&p=135224

Shooter...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:45 am 

Cricket: Third NZ-Bangladesh test cancelled after mosque shooting

Sports News March 14, 2019 / 11:22 PM / Updated an hour ago

WELLINGTON (Reuters) - The Bangladesh cricket team narrowly avoided being caught up in a shooting at a mosque in Christchurch on Friday that left several people dead and forced the cancellation of a test match against hosts New Zealand.

The team were on a bus that was pulling up to the Al Noor mosque near Hagley Oval for Friday prayers when the shooting began but none of the players were inside and all were safe, the New Zealand (NZC) and Bangladesh cricket boards (BCB) said.

Mario Villavarayen, the team’s strength and conditioning coach, said it had been a close call.

https://in.reuters.com/article/newzeala ... NKCN1QW0GO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:31 am 
ADMIN

New Zealand prime minister Jacinda Ardern...

40 dead, 20 injured
New Zealand prime minister Jacinda Ardern has confirmed 40 people have died in today’s shooting, with 20 injured.

“This can only be described as a terrorist attack,” Ardern says.
“While we do not have anything to believe at this stage that there were any other suspects, we are not assuming that at this stage”.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:47 am 
ADMIN

Brenton Tarrant Facebook Live Video Shows Mosque Shooting

An extremely disturbing, graphic live video streamed on the Brenton Tarrant Facebook page shows a casual and determined gunman strolling up to a Christchurch mosque and randomly and chillingly shooting dozens of people, including one man crawling away on the ground and others who were already wounded or dead and huddled in a corner. At one point, the gunman goes up to a woman crying out for help on the sidewalk outside the New Zealand mosque and shoots her in the head.

...more at link
https://heavy.com/news/2019/03/brenton- ... ivestream/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:52 am 
ADMIN

Australian terrorist, 28, kills 40 and injures 48 more when he opens fire in a Christchurch mosque and livestreams the slaughter - as cars loaded with bombs are found and three suspects are arrested

• Witnesses reported hearing 50 shots from his semi-automatic shotgun at Al Noor Mosque in Christchurch
  • The gunman live-streamed the mass shooting inside the Al Noor Mosque, which happened about 1.30pm
  • Witnesses have said they saw 'blood everywhere' and multiple people were reportedly killed in the massacre
  • One of the gunman live-streamed the mass shooting inside the mosque firing at dozens as they tried to flee
  • Four people - who were not known to counter-terror authorities - were taken into custody for questioning
  • Do you know more? Email tips@dailymail.com

By Alex Chapman and Ben Hill For Daily Mail Australia
Published: 12:22 AEDT, 15 March 2019 | Updated: 18:44 AEDT, 15 March 2019

A 28-year-old Australian terrorist has opened fire at a mosque in New Zealand, shooting at children and killing at least 40 people.

Witnesses reported hearing as many as 50 shots from his weapons including a semi-automatic shotgun and a rifle at Al Noor Mosque in Christchurch on the country's South Island.

The gunman - who identified himself on Twitter as Brenton Tarrant from Grafton, New South Wales - livestreamed the mass shooting inside the Al Noor Mosque, which happened about 1.30pm (11.30am AEDT) as Friday prayers were underway.

A video seen by Daily Mail Australia shows the man firing multiple shots at dozens of people as they try to flee.

Four people are believed to be in custody, including three men and one woman. New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said they were not on terror watch lists.

One of them was arrested while wearing a suicide vest, while a man wearing military fatigues was arrested outside Papanui High School.

The suspected gunman posted a 73-page manifesto to Twitter before the killings, foreshadowing a 'terrorist attack'.

...more at link
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... shots.html

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:13 am 
ADMIN

Links to The livestream video

I have heard a lot of people commenting things like.. "I have seen the video.... and other people should not look for it or watch it"

Easy for them to say.... obviously they managed to watch it with no dire consequence... so its a bit rich to want to stop others watching it.

It would be "ghoulish" to want to watch it for "fun".. but most people I know (myself included) want to see EVIDENCE and assess it ourselves. Outside the actual shooting there is evidence in the guys demeanor, things he says and does... the equipment seen in his car etc. All important stuff to see and know about. I DID watch the video.. and the sad thing is.... it was NOT as horrific as I imagined it would be. It was LESS gory (and less "real" looking) than computer game footage. I KNOW it was real and so mentally I am horrified to see footage of REAL PEOPLE being shot but that is down to me and my own standards.. the actual "graphics" are more gory in a computer game.
Anyway... I can see that many people would not WANT to view the footage... and of course they have that choice.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:45 am 
ADMIN

Here are the key points from the New Zealand police commissioner press conference:

• 49 people were killed in the attack, including 41 at Deans Avenue mosque and seven at Linwood mosque. Another victim died in hospital.
  • A man in his late 20s has been charged with murder and will appear in Christchurch court tomorrow.
  • Two others arrested at the scene with guns are being investigated. A fourth person arrested may have had nothing to do with the attack.
  • Several guns have been recovered from both mosques. Two explosive devices were found on two vehicles at the scene. One has been disabled.
  • The suspects were unknown to the police.
  • The police remain vigilant but are not looking for anyone else in connection with the attacks.

1 Person Charged with murder
I think all the rest is just chatter... nonsense.

NOTE
In NZ even if convicted of MULTIPLE murders... sentences will be concurrent....he will likely be released in 14 years (still in his 30's) :doh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:11 pm 
ADMIN

New Zealand Mosque Terrorist Described Himself as an “Eco-Fascist” Who Hated Conservatism & Admired Communist China
Killer decried “milquetoast civic nationalist boomers”

Paul Joseph Watson | Infowars.com - March 15, 2019

The terrorist gunman who killed 49 Muslims at a mosque in New Zealand said in his own manifesto that he wanted “no part of” conservatism, describing himself as an “eco-fascist” and expressing admiration for Communist China.

Answering the question “Were/are you a conservative?”, Brenton Tarrant wrote, “No, conservatism is corporatism in disguise, “I want no part of it.”

“Conservatism is dead, thank god,” he also wrote, bemoaning the fact that conservatives did not see everything through the lens of race.

Describing the arc of his political journey, the killer said, “When I was young I was a communist, then an anarchist and finally a libertarian before coming to be an eco-fascist.”

Tarrant also wrote that he considered himself an “eco-fascist by nature.”

He also expressed admiration for Communist China.

“The nation with the closest political and social values to my own is the People’s Republic of China,” wrote Tarrant.

...more at link
https://www.infowars.com/new-zealand-mo ... ist-china/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:28 pm 

I have no links to share. Just wanted to chime in and say that this makes me very sad and the first person I thought about was RUMPOLE when I heard the news.

My thoughts and prayers are with all.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:37 pm 
ADMIN

Thanks for thinking of me, WKC.

I am OK... miles from Christchurch for a start.

My concern is the SPIN that will be put on this. People will read the headlines only.. and NZ will be regarded as a place full of "White Supremacists" ( the fact he was Australian is being pushed.. but even that is not the point) NZ is unfortunately, not only NOT a "far right" nation a all. It is a place rife with leftist notions... full of Soy-boy SJW types... male feminists... pussy-whipped by feminazis (ref our PM). That will likely get even worse now... as people bend over backwards to apologize and compensate "The Muslim Community"
I already see reference to Trump, and as predicted Tommy Robinson... and from now on all real Islamic terrorism will be "dismissed" /diminished as people claim... it's not a Muslim thing... look at NZ where it was Muslims being attacked.

I am appalled by the slaughter in Christchurch.. but it is DIFFERENT from the usual terrorist attack...that very much is linked to an ideology (Islam)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:21 pm 

Glad you are distanced from this situation, Rumpole. I also immediately thought of you, of course.
Have been a lurker here of late. Health is being a beast. Ughhh. . But not pushing up daisies, so no complaints.

Hi ya Molly!

Hope everyone is happy and healthy!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:38 pm 
ADMIN

Hi Showpoodles... thanks to you too :)

NOBODY is posting much at RT... but it really is not a concern... I, myself am past doing much online... a bit jaded about all things online... I really dont want to post (or even read) much myself. I keep the odd thing updated (as you likely see)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:44 pm 
ADMIN

For all those who claim "MORE GUN CONTROL (LAWS) is the answer....
NZ has close to complete gun control. NOBODY (much) has any sort of gun. Sure... farmers and hunters have rifles... but you need a license and full police check to get that.. and few people I know in the city have ever seen a gun, let alone handled one. I am surprised to see this guy had semi-automatics... they were unheard of when I was a boy. The only guns I saw were bolt-action rifles. Hand guns are NOT permitted at all. I have never even seen one in real life. Cops DO NOT carry any guns... well..... that was true back in the day... but I know for a fact that these days guns are close at hand if needed by (some) cops... but even so... few to no incidents with cops armed at all.

In the normal course of events in NZ..

Once people are charged with serious crime (Murder) the matter is "sub-judice". Nobody can report on matters at all. Not the details of the alleged crime, nor identity of the alleged perp etc. If it had not been for Australian press... we would not know the guy's, name, age, race, religion etc Nothing at all until after a trial and verdict (and sentence). No wonder the powers that be in NZ want the vid footage blocked... as well as all social media etc.
In this particular case....We may get some more details via Australia... but I imagine political pressure will be applied to stop that.
We might learn more in a year or so? If it goes to trial at all. The guy is clearly "nuts"... I wonder if that extends to an actual psychiatric (diminished responsibility) claim?

ETA
But......I have just heard he appeared in court... did not request name suppression.... in the old days I think it was automatic? It seems NZ is trying to be more modern and open? (When the world is watching) Who knew?

Court appearance for alleged Christchurch mosque shooter Brenton Tarrant
11:14, Mar 16 2019

Members of the public were cleared from court before Australian mosque shooting suspect Brenton Harrison Tarrant appeared to face a murder charge.

Tarrant, 28, who has been living in Dunedin, was charged after 49 people were killed at two Christchurch mosques on Friday.

A short, broad-shouldered man, he wore a tunic and was handcuffed during his appearance in Christchurch District Court on Saturday morning.

He was looking around particularly at the media present. He had a bruise above his upper lip. He did not seem distressed.

Judge Paul Kellar said it was "reasonable to assume" he would face further murder charges.

The judge cleared the court of members of the public for safety reasons, but said it was important to have the media in the courtroom "because you're a surrogate of the public".

Ten or 11 media organizations from around the world - including New Zealand, Australasia, Europe and North America - had made applications to film, take photos or record audio of the court proceedings.

...more at link
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/ ... ue-shooter