It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 11:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:31 am 

Bank teller sues for $350 million in Twin Peaks case
By Stephen Adams | KCEN, WFAA | March 8, 2017

WACO - A bank teller filed a federal lawsuit Wednesday, demanding $350,000,000 as a result of the May 17, 2015 Twin Peaks shooting in Waco that killed nine people, injured 18, and resulted in 177 arrests.

Morgan English, of Brenham, is suing the City of Waco, McLennan County, McLennan County District Attorney Abel Reyna, Former Waco Police Chief Brent Stroman and Waco Police Detective Manuel Chavez.

Her attorneys say law enforcement used a "fill-in-the-name" warrant to arrest her, along with the others, even though she claims she was not wearing insignia representing the Cossacks nor the Bandidos motorcycle clubs, which were involved in the shoot-out that day.

English, a graduate of Stephen F. Austin University, said she was with her husband William in their car with two friends the day of the shoot-out. According to her attorneys, shots rang out before they even entered the restaurant, and the group immediately took cover. English claims she and her husband both spoke freely with police after the shooting. But, she was arrested anyway.
[...]
The first criminal trials in the Twin Peaks case are expected later this year. In response to Wednesday's civil lawsuit, McLennan County District Attorney, Abel Reyna, issued the following statement:

"The issue complained of by Morgan English has already been addressed by a District Judge, who found probably cause existed for her arrest. Unfortunately, our legal systems allows anyone who pays a filing fee to file a lawsuit, including those with ridiculous allegations."

More at link: http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/bank-tel ... /421052635

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:48 am 

Her attorneys say law enforcement used a "fill-in-the-name" warrant to arrest her, along with the others, even though she claims she was not wearing insignia representing the Cossacks nor the Bandidos motorcycle clubs, which were involved in the shoot-out that day.

I remember her name but don't know why.

IMO she is SOOL. They had a RICO case investigation going for over a year before the melee at Waco, they have every biker there over the barrel.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:16 pm 

As I said Shiitake Mushrooms out of luck.

HOUSTON LAWYER CUTS LOSSES IN BIKER PRE-TRIAL

http://radiolegendary.com/2015/08/houst ... pre-trial/

William and Morgan English of the Distorted Motorcycle Club, will be bound over for a Grand Jury appearance because their 7-member club, Distorted, wears a patch that says, “I support the fat Mexican”. (Bandidos)

The Englishes are members of a Bandidos support club named Distorted, a five-month-old organization, the membership roster of which numbers only 7.

Their colors are blue and white, but they wear a small patch called “cookie” on left shoulder area of their vests with a picture of the red and gold trademarked Bandidos logo, a man wearing a sombrero, brandishing a revolver and a machete, that says, “I support the fat Mexican.”

The club, like all others affiliated with the Confederation of Clubs, pays dues, and those dues are collected by the Bandidos Motorcycle Club.

They were there for the meeting. It's the Feds the Feds.

RICO investigation for over a year before the melee the Feebies know more about the Englishes than they know about themselves.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:07 pm 

Great info, Carm. LOL @ your lingo. :D

Haven't read at the link yet.

Thanks! :69

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:09 pm 

Back in the day I teed off a lot folks by saying that the bikers were SOOL lots of folks telling me I was ignorant of the law :98 and blessing my heart before I even knew it was meant as an insult, so I thanked them, and then when I figured out it was an insult I thanked them anyhow because IDGAHoot :28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:29 am 

I remember those days, Carm. You do know a lot more about this than I will ever know. :D

First Trial in 2015 Texas Biker Shootout Delayed by Judge
By NBCDFW.com | March 25, 2017

A judge has postponed the first trial over a 2015 Central Texas gunfight involving rival motorcycle gangs that left nine people dead, 20 others hurt and more than 150 bikers charged.

The Waco Tribune-Herald reports the first trial had been set for May 22 related to the deadly shootout at a Waco restaurant.

But state District Court Judge Ralph Strother on Friday postponed the trial after a new attorney brought onto the case indicated she couldn't be ready in time.

A new trial date wasn't set.

The delay means a trial set to begin June 5 before a different judge is now scheduled to be the first to go before a jury.

More at link: http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/First- ... 91433.html

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:32 am 

I remember those days, Carm. You do know a lot more about this than I will ever know. :D
The article at Waco Tribune linked in this one is also interesting.

First Trial in 2015 Texas Biker Shootout Delayed by Judge
By NBCDFW.com | March 25, 2017

A judge has postponed the first trial over a 2015 Central Texas gunfight involving rival motorcycle gangs that left nine people dead, 20 others hurt and more than 150 bikers charged.

The Waco Tribune-Herald reports the first trial had been set for May 22 related to the deadly shootout at a Waco restaurant.

But state District Court Judge Ralph Strother on Friday postponed the trial after a new attorney brought onto the case indicated she couldn't be ready in time.

A new trial date wasn't set.

The delay means a trial set to begin June 5 before a different judge is now scheduled to be the first to go before a jury.

More at link: http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/First- ... 91433.html

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:02 pm 

Should be interesting. There is so much going on with everything in our country it is hard to keep up!