It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:40 pm 

*Reagan shooter Hinckley closer to permanent freedom*

http://triblive.com/usworld/nation/8199 ... z3XhxYczPR

Psychological testing shows Hinckley's dangerousness is “decidedly low,” Hinckley's longtime lawyer, Barry Levine, said during the most recent hearings over his release that ran intermittently from late 2011 through 2013.

In hearings before U.S. District Judge Paul L. Friedman, doctors have testified that Hinckley's psychosis and major depression have been in remission for decades and that, while he still has a narcissistic personality disorder, its effects have diminished

Hmmm… funny that, someone who tried to assassinate a president, shot 4 people in total, all while in a psychotic break is deemed to now have been medicated and mentally guided enough to be “decidedly low” on the danger scale. Hinkley still is diagnosed with Narcissistic Personality Disorder (but it is not too bad now :roll ) and his depression and psychosis have been in remission for years?

And what is the percentage of people who suffer from a psychotic disorder (notice they say remission not cured) who once they are out of a controlled environment go off their meds and stop seeking mental health treatment?

Ok so they mandate that Hinkley see a counselor, mandate a blood test to be sure he is on his meds, (if he is on any meds) and then Hinkley decides to take a skip into a new town, there is obviously money since the mum lives on a golf course and Hinkley seems to be enjoying his freedom by doing things that cost money (this is a good thing as he is occupied and interacting with the outside world rather than living in his own head) but money is also freedom to run if he decides he does't like the dictates of his freedom.

And what about when his 89 year old mum takes her last breath and Hinkley is left to traverse society on his own? Some crimes if you are found Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity should buy you a no return ticket to institutionalized or at least sheltered living for life.

A lot changed because of Hinkley’s NGBRI including the Guilty but Mentally Insane plea ( GBMI )

I wonder how many people know that Andrea Yates is eligible for release if she is ever medicated to sanity (it will never happen but in theory she could be released).

Any thoughts ?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:00 am 

Excellent review, Carm! Thanks for bringing this story to the forefront. :)

His current living conditions and lifestyle are unreal to me. I had no knowledge of this.

"Prosecutors, however, have consistently opposed Hinckley's release, arguing he has a history of deceptive behavior and troubling relationships with women." :eek

I am definitely going to follow Wednesday's hearing. It is fascinating to me that there is a slight possibility of him being permanently free. I agree, what happens when mama is gone? :40

He needs to be back in that hospital, period. Let the Secret Service do what they do best, elsewhere. Why is he so special? OMG, the excessive psychological testings and hearings and lawyers, blah blah blah ...

The Shooting of Ronald Reagan - National Geographic Documentary

(The last 8 minutes of this gave me goosebumps.)

eta [Rumpole: this vid may be needed to be moved elsewhere with a link to it. thx]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:01 pm 

Every time I see the clip of Reagan being shot I am so impressed that Jerry Parr covered Reagan and basically thew him in the car. I’ve always believed Parr saved Reagan’s life.

Nancy Reagan, “Jerry put himself in harm’s way to protect Ronnie, and I am forever grateful.”

Every Secret Service agent signs up to take a bullet for the president they serve but I wonder how many would actually be willing to use their own body as a human shield as Parr did.

I never knew that Reagan walked into the ER under his own power.

Jerry Parr, at the sound of gunfire, had shoved Reagan into the presidential limousine, landing on top of the president on the floor of the limo.

"The first thing I did was I started running my hands around his waistline and working my way up," Jerry Parr said in an interview last week. "I thought when I didn't see any blood on my hands he had made it.”

But seconds later as the limo reached DuPont Circle on the way back to the White House, Reagan coughed up blood. Parr immediately ordered the limo to George Washington University Hospital.

"It took us about three minutes to get there," Parr said, adding that Reagan insisted he could walk into the hospital emergency room on his own. "He wouldn't take my hand. He was pretty pale, but he wanted to walk in. He walked in about 20 to 30 feet and he just dropped. We kept his head from hitting the floor.”

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/ ... acuse.html

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:26 pm 

It is almost impossible to cure someone with NPD so I doubt he is "cured". He might not be as bad as he was, but he is going to still have issues.

You know what the worst part of this is? Do you know who the largest contributor to turning a boy in to someone with NPD is? I will give you three guesses and the first 2 don't count.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:53 pm 

George Bush? :77

Good to see you Mung.

I agree with you there is no cure for NPD, and the best they are hoping for with Hinkley's depression and psychosis is that it remains in remission :roll

Nope not your Mr. Roger's good neighbor candidate.

:TF I meant to add I have never heard of psychosis being in "remission" chemically curtailed, yes, but remission, no.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:49 am 

Studies have shown that the mother is usually the cause of men with NPD. Many times it comes from having an abusive father and the mother tries to over compensate by telling the child that they didn't do anything wrong, they are the best kid in the world, etc. After hearing that every day of their life they start to believe that they really are superior to the rest of the world, that combined with the need to compartmentalize the years of abuse from the father and to tell themselves that their failures in life are not their problems, but the fault of others, twists the personality in a way that is very hard to fix.

So the very last thing that I would want is to put someone with NPD back with their mother.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:20 am 

Agreed.

Momma's boy who can do no wrong. Top off NPD with a history of attempted murder, psychosis, depression and manipulation and you are literally risking lives by releasing him to his 89 year old Mummy.

I have a interesting story about the "do gooders" and the consequences of convincing the mentally ill that they have the right to not be medicated to sanity. I'll see if I can find it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:59 am 

I have lived with it, I know what it is like. Got a father with NPD, my wife's ex-husband has it, had a boss with it. It is not fun. Worst part is most people don't understand what real NPD is. They think it is people who have vanity, they don't know the real emotional vampires in this world.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:07 pm 

Sorry Mung, sounds like a bit of of a horror to have so many people with NPD relatively intimately involved in your life. And yes I know people with NPD are more than just unpleasant to be around.

All this time I thought that you were a different Mung, not a good or bad thing but I knew of a Mung who I think had a blog and I thought you were her all this time :roll . Funny how my little mind created your persona for you.

Well wishes and really I am sorry to hear you had to deal with a NPD dad, you survived and seem to be a very nice fellow so a tip of the hat to you :77

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:44 pm 

John Hinckley Jr., Man Who Shot Ronald Reagan, Has a Girlfriend: Brother Says

NBCNEWS.com | April 22, 2015
BY DEBRA PETTIT AND TRACY CONNOR

The man who shot Ronald Reagan in a twisted attempt to win the heart of actress Jodie Foster has apparently found a new love.

John Hinckley Jr. met his current girlfriend at a National Association for the Mentally Ill meeting, his brother testified at a hearing Wednesday that will determine if the would-be assassin can permanently move out of a psychiatric hospital.

Scott Hinckley described the woman as "somewhat compatible" but said he had never met her. He said their 89-year-old mother, Joann, had met her. Hinckley's sister Diane later described her as more of a platonic friend.

...more at link
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/reagan-shooter-john-hinckley-jr-has-girlfriend-brother-says-n346381

Last edited by Molly on Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:23 pm 

Finally found an article with info about the hearing. Good resource link.

Friedman could hear arguments until April 30.

CNN | Updated 4:36 PM ET, Wed April 22, 2015
By Sunlen Serfaty and Daniella Diaz

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/22/politics/john-hinckley-reagan-assassination-attempt/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:34 pm 

Nope I am not a girl and I have never had a blog. Didn't know there was a mung with a blog.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:03 pm 

Hi Molly and Mung :77

It is totally my fault Mung, Mung is such a distinct name so just chalk it up to me being goofy. I wonder if I can find the blog again.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:03 am 

Not a problem at all. Yeah, I have been using the name Mung on the internet since the early 90's. It came from when I worked at Chilis and we used to get mung bean sprouts.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:01 pm 

Reagan's daughter sure doesn't want him out. Thanks for the link, Molly.

I remember the day this happened and would never think he'd become totally free so we shall see.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:38 pm 

From Molly’s link.

His lawyers Wednesday said based on doctor's reports, Hinckley has rehabilitated from the mental illness that drove him to attempt the assassination of a President.

Honestly this to me is just such an unusual thing to say. Mental illnesses are managed not cured, not rehabilitated. Especially a psychosis that causes you to attempt to kill someone or kill someone as Brady's death was related to his bullet wound even though he died 30 years later.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:55 pm 

Here is a little longer clip of the day John Hinkley shot President Reagan, Tim McCarthy, James Brady and Officer Tom Delahanty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6CNRlQG0mg

I had forgotten about Brady talking to people with a bullet lodged in his head, I did remember McCarthy putting his body between Reagan and the shooter.

And apparently Hinkley has a girlfriend that he met

at a National Association for the Mentally Ill meeting, and the pair seem "somewhat compatible," Scott said.

Oh and there is this nugget

When the brothers attended a movie recently, Hinckley had to leave the theater because Jodie Foster was on the screen, Scott said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/j ... -1.2195613

No risk here folks he is rehabilitated, in remission, fine and dandy.

Good Gravy.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:08 am 

An interesting aside, I didn’t watch most of the Jodi Arias trial but I did watch some of her cross examination by Juan, Jodi was off on one of her fantasies about how her and Travis were just an ordinary couple who talked of marriage and children.

Jodi said her and Travis had even picked names for their potential children, I don’t recall all the names she mentioned, but I do recall she said, “Hinkley, maybe John”, and I knew immediately she was just making it up on the spot but her brain couldn’t create names of their fantasy children quickly enough so Jodi just pulled names out of her memory. “Hinkley and John” who would have those two particular names together as potential names of children ? Someone making stuff up on the spot and saying the names because they were associated together in her brain. I remember looking at her and her countenance and comfort in lying about something so sacred and feeling ill.

Just my take and if I recall right she kind of caught herself, like hmm... Hinkley and John might a bad combination and then she said something like Travis liked the name Hinkley, I'll try to find it.

Post subject: Move
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:04 pm 
ADMIN

Reagan would-be assassin John Hinckley Jr to be released

John Hinckley Jr (file photo from 2003)

John Hinckley Jr, the man who tried to assassinate US President Ronald Reagan, is to be released from a psychiatric hospital next month after 35 years.

Mr Reagan and three others were injured in the shooting outside a hotel in Washington in March 1981.

Mr Hinckley was found not guilty by reason of insanity but was sent for treatment to a Washington hospital.

He has already been spending 17 days a month at his mother's home in Virginia under strict conditions.

A judge ruled that Mr Hinckley, now 61, could reside full-time there on "convalescent leave" from 5 August.

Restrictions, including a ban on talking to the media, will remain in place.

The shooting, just weeks into Ronald Reagan's presidency, shocked the world.

Mr Reagan was shot in the lung, but recovered.

His press secretary James Brady was shot in the head, suffered brain damage and used a wheelchair for the rest of his life.

Mr Brady's death in 2014 at the age of 73 was ruled to be a homicide, but no further charges against Hinckley were brought.

...more at link
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36907089

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:58 am 

Idiots. the blood is on the hands of those who are releasing him. first victim will likely be his mum. And they are releasing him in the height of the most vitriolic presidential campaign in decades if not ever. I wonder what that self obsessed idiot Jodi foster thinks.