It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:19 pm 
ADMIN

This case seems to have continued interest.....

Last picture of missing doctor: What happened to Teleka, 30, who tried to check into hotel with no money after taking 'suspicious phone call' - and whose car was dumped 100 miles away two hours later?

• Dr Teleka Patrick was reported missing on December 6 when she didn't show up for work
  • The day before, colleagues said she received a strange call
  • After work, she had a coworker drive her to a Radisson hotel where she failed to get a room
  • Her car was discovered two hours later abandoned on the side of the road 100 miles away

By Ashley Collman
PUBLISHED: 06:44 GMT, 20 December 2013 | UPDATED: 16:29 GMT, 20 December 2013

A 30-year-old first-year medical resident has been missing for more than two weeks after receiving a suspicious call the day before she vanished.

Dr Teleka Patrick started her residency at Borgess Medical Center in Kalamazoo, Michigan this year after getting her Ph.D. this spring.

Dr Patrick was reported missing when she didn't show up for work on December 6, and surveillance footage showed her the night before failing to secure a room at a Radisson hotel just five minutes away from her apartment.

According to police, Dr Patrick worked a shift at Borgess on December 5 and had one of her colleagues drive her to the Raddison hotel after work.

Both her purse and cellphone were found left behind at work, and surveillance footage at the hotel shows her trying to get a room with cash, but not having enough money.

In the surveillance footage without audio, Dr Patrick talks calmly with the front desk person for about 15 minutes before leaving after not getting the room.

She is then seen boarding a complimentary hotel shuttle back to her gold Lexus parked at the medical center - the last time anyone say her.

...more at link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -call.html

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:31 pm 
ADMIN

Missing doctor Teleka Patrick erratic before disappearance, Kalamazoo Sheriff says
5:34 PM, Jan 22, 2014

KALAMAZOO, Mich. (WZZM/Det. Free Press) -- The night a Kalamazoo medical resident disappeared, a coworker drove her to a downtown hotel, where her behavior led an employee to ask whether she was OK.

Hours later, on the evening of Dec. 5, the Indiana State Police received a 911 call about a vehicle driving erratically along I-94, speeding up to about 85 m.p.h., then slowing down along the median.

Shortly thereafter, a car with a flat tire was found in a ditch about 40 feet off the interstate near mile marker 23.

Inside the 1997 Lexus ES 300 were Teleka Patrick's wallet and driver's license.

Days later - as the Kalamazoo County Sheriff's Office investigated the 30-year-old's disappearance and learned her car was in Indiana - authorities brought out a bloodhound. Police said they believe she walked to the edge of the roadway, "where the scent was lost," Kalamazoo County Sheriff Richard Fuller III said during a news conference today.

The whereabouts of Patrick - who detectives learned may have exhibited delusional behavior at times - remain a mystery.

...more at link
http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/2788 ... eriff-says

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:37 pm 
ADMIN

NW Ind. lake search linked to SW Mich. doc's disappearance
POSTED: 12:48 PM EST Jan 29, 2014 UPDATED: 06:09 PM EST Jan 29, 2014

PORTER, Ind. - Indiana State Police say a search of a northwestern Indiana lake failed to turn up any evidence related to the disappearance last month of a Michigan doctor.

Police said Wednesday that the Jan. 23 search of Lake Charles in the town of Porter was part of an ongoing missing person's case involving Teleka Patrick of Kalamazoo. Her car was found abandoned by an Indiana trooper on Dec. 5 along I-94 and near the lake about 15 miles east of Gary.

Kalamazoo County Sheriff Richard Fuller has said Patrick told colleagues on Dec. 5 she was going to Chicago to visit a relative, but told another colleague she needed money and a ride to a nearby hotel.

Patrick went missing in early December of 2013. Police say she was last seen getting into her car in the Borgess Medical Center parking lot on December 5. Patrick is a medical resident at the center.

...more at link
http://www.wsbt.com/news/local/isp-sear ... n/24178918

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:44 pm 
ADMIN

Teleka Patrick Case Archive, updated:

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/cranky ... t=6&page=1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:46 pm 
ADMIN

Update in search for Teleka Patrick
Updated: Thursday, January 30 2014, 07:18 AM EST

KALAMAZOO, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - An update has been offered in the search for missing Kalamazoo doctor Teleka Patrick.

Patrick was last seen December 5, after she left her job at Borgess Medical Center.

Surveillance cameras at the Radisson Plaza hotel caught her as she tried to get a room there, but a Radisson shuttle later took her back to her car, which was found hours later abandoned near I-94 in Indiana.

This past week, authorities from both Indiana and Michigan, including Kalamazoo County, conducted a search on Lake Charles in the town of Porter, Indiana.

The search crews used advanced sonar equipment to create a detailed map of the lake.

Unfortunately, they were not able to find any evidence related to Patrick's disappearance.

The Patrick family has increased the reward to $20,000 for any information that will lead them to Teleka.

...more at link
http://www.wwmt.com/shared/news/feature ... urH9_t0Y_p

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:47 pm 

They have more than one facebook page for her. This one has quite a few members to help spread information. https://www.facebook.com/groups/FINDTELEKA/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:58 pm 
ADMIN

Thanks Packy... I missed this case until just recently... it seems stalled now... plenty of theories, but no evidence to check them out.
I fear it might be one of those enduring "unsolved mysteries" now?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:38 am 
ADMIN

I-Team looks at the details surrounding Teleka Patrick case
Updated: Tuesday, February 4 2014, 07:57 PM EST

KALAMAZOO, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) -
As the search for Kalamazoo doctor Teleka Patrick stretches into its third month, the Newschannel 3 I-Team took a closer look at the facts.

Since disappearing on December 5, Patrick's case has garnered national attention, but detectives say much of the information that's come out has done little to generate new leads.

The I-Team took a look at the information detectives consider pivotal, and Newschannel 3's Jared Werksma joined us for a look at what we found.

...more at link
http://www.wwmt.com/shared/news/feature ... vIiLft0Y_o

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:23 pm 
ADMIN

Mystery of missing Kalamazoo doctor grows as tweets show she doubted her sanity
February 20, 2014 at 6:49 am
Francis X. Donnelly/The Detroit News

Kalamazoo— Dr. Teleka Patrick could hardly sleep or eat last year. She cried every day.

Between patients, she feverishly tweeted about a Grammy-nominated gospel singer she never met who God told her she would marry.

And then she disappeared.

Patrick, 30, a psychiatric intern at Kalamazoo’s Borgess Medical Center, hasn’t been seen since Dec. 5. Police say they have little to go on. A few leads have led nowhere.

Clues in the mystery may lie in Patrick’s voluminous Twitter accounts during the eight months before her disappearance.

Her 20,000 tweets describe how she wrestled with hallucinations for a decade and how they had grown worse the past year.

Since April, she continually tweeted about gospel singer Marvin Sapp, describing how they communicated through telepathy as she imagined him speaking, feeling emotions and kissing her.

In September she doubted her sanity.

...more at link
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2014 ... z2ts8eWXB3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:33 am 

I really believe this woman is suffering from some sort of mental illness. She up and moved here to be closer to Marvin Sapp. She started attending his church, told people she was his wife and at one point while he was away out of state, she showed up at his house and met with his daughters. At that point, Sapp filed an order of protection against her. She has sent him hundreds of emails and letters and he never once replied to her.

The videos she has on Youtube, are creepy. She sings to the camera as if it is a person. Another one she is talking to the camera telling whoever (I believe Sapp) that she made breakfast for him and shows a table set with two plates with breakfast. Then she starts singing again. She had tweeted about taking Invega which is given to people with schizophrenia. IF she is still alive, I doubt she even knows where or who she is.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:36 pm 
ADMIN

Close friend of Teleka Patrick, among last to talk to her, says she feared for her life
By Rex Hall Jr.
February 24, 2014

KALAMAZOO, MI – James A. Davis says he was one of the last people to talk to Teleka Patrick before she disappeared on Dec. 5.

In fact, the last text messages on Patrick’s cell phone were an exchange in which the two close friends discussed “trying to get together and meet,” according to court documents.

But it’s the last phone call Davis received from Patrick — he believes it was Dec. 4 — that sticks with Davis, as he reflects on the search for the Kalamazoo doctor.

“She called me at night time and she said she was very scared,” he said in a telephone interview from St. Louis, Mo., where he lives. “She said that she was scared that she was going to be killed ... I’ve never heard her like this in my life.

“She just said, ‘James, listen to me, please.’ She made sense, but you could tell it was something different in her voice ... She kept saying, ‘James, you’re not taking me seriously.’”

Davis said Patrick wanted him to come to Kalamazoo immediately, but he told her he couldn't get there until the following Tuesday, Dec. 10.

...more at link
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/ind ... er_default

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:41 pm 
ADMIN

CASE ARCHIVE: Teleka Patrick -MI

Photos, videos, articles etc

...more at link
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/cranky ... t=6&page=1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:47 pm 
ADMIN

Missing in West Michigan: The Search for Dr. Teleka Patrick

KALAMAZOO, Mich.-
It has been nearly three months since Teleka Patrick disappeared.

The young doctor was completing her medical residency at a Kalamazoo Hospital; what seemed like a life on track, suddenly derailed Dec. 5.

In the weeks that followed Patrick’s disappearance, new details about her life emerged, including search warrants just released, showing who was in contact with her right before her disappearance.

On Dec. 4, Teleka called a man named James Davis, a friend in St. Louis, Mo., who told detectives she was distraught.

Davis told police that Patrick asked him to come to Kalamazoo because she feared for her life, worried someone connected to gospel singer Marvin Sapp was after her.

Detectives say Sapp has cooperated with the investigation, calling the gospel singer an innocent victim of stalking.

Davis also believes Teleka was on her way to see him when she disappeared.

These new details are raising even more questions for detectives, private investigators and her family, now at the breaking point of frustration and heartbreak.

....more at link
http://fox17online.com/2014/02/24/missi ... 2uMCE2eQm6

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:42 pm 

I was hoping they would have found her by now. She does seem to be suffering from some sort of mental illness, so even if her fears were based on something real most will think she was just being delusional. That may or not be the case -- she being delusional at the time she was expressing her fears to James Davis.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:39 pm 
ADMIN

New Clue In Teleka’s Disappearance: Friend Says She Left Town Out Of Fear
by Jennifer Dowling

KALAMAZOO, Mich. (Feb. 27, 2014)– A close friend of Teleka Patrick is speaking out for the first time on-air about where Teleka Patrick may have been going the night she disappeared and her car was found in Indiana.

James Davis was one of the last people to talk to Teleka before she vanished.

Around the time that Teleka Patrick was spotted in the hotel lobby at the Radisson in Kalamazoo, the same time she disappeared, she called and texted long-time friend James Davis in St. Louis.

A search warrant indicates, “The last messages on PATRICK`S phone were between her and DAVIS. The text message discussion was about them trying to get together and meet.”

He feels that she went to the hotel and contacted him previously because she was afraid to go back to her apartment, scared someone was after her.

He said that Teleka wanted him to drive from St. Louis to Kalamazoo to meet her, which he’d done in the past, but this time, he couldn’t because of work.

...more at link
http://fox17online.com/2014/02/27/new-c ... z2uY7WOZmw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:25 pm 

Quote:
PORTER, Ind. (WOOD) — The body of missing Kalamazoo doctor Teleka Patrick has been located in a lake in northern Indiana, according to Patrick’s mother.

Police have not yet officially identified the body pulled from Lake Charles near the town of Porter Sunday morning, according to a release from the Indiana Sate Police. However, Patrick’s mother confirmed to 24 Hour News 8 that it was Patrick’s body.

This is a developing story. Check back for more information as it becomes available.

http://woodtv.com/2014/04/06/teleka-pat ... orter-ind/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:42 pm 
ADMIN

Thanks Froggie... a scoop.

I had almost given up looking at "update" articles on this case... all rehashes and false alarms.

I know many held out hopes that she would be found alive... and so finding her body is NOT the news they wanted... but if confirmed it is at least an end to doubt.

Of course I am ever the sceptic... so I await official confirmation of some sort.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:00 pm 

UPDATES: Teleka Patrick

I've done some research of the area .. put up a map and I am trying to update as the information comes available. This morning her mother said it was Teleka and now they are saying they will wait for confirmation. Either way...updates:

http://www.re-newsit.com/2014/04/teleka ... -lake.html

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:43 pm 
ADMIN

Thanks renewsit. :give

It was your fault I started following this.... :95

So... it looks like a LOT of people at True Gossip Forums, with bizarre theories are likely ....

...proved TOTALLY WRONG!!! :eek

What a surprise :lol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:05 pm 

What will be interesting is when the family demands to know who killed Teleka ... regardless of the autopsy results. Maybe I'm wrong, I hope so....but even I would question this one.

RIP Teleka :rose