It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:12 pm 
ADMIN

Well...at Daft Central... I see they have not just admitted they were totally wrong. :eek

They still claim all their baseless theories were correct... she fell in lake "as well as" all the other stuff... or even the body has been placed in the lake since :doh

Get these people an "Occam's Razor" :wall

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:16 am 

That threads is exactly why I hate not knowing the case well. Four people telling you fifteen different things and if you ask for links too much ... well, that's "snark". I tapered off the case when her tweets were being eaten and regurgitated 24/7. Interesting for about ten minutes...then I thought, what if she is found...she would be mortified.

I'm having a problem with a girly girl, which I am one, going on a tear through all manner of brush, barbed wire fence, snakes (winter too in my world), werewolves, and bats in the trees :smoke .
I just can't see it. Then again, I don't suffer from mental illness..much.

It's such a shame...she worked hard to make something of her life...someone should have helped her.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:22 am 
ADMIN

I don't know the detail... so I assume she did just wander and fall in the lake.

Makes tragic sense to me.

I am a bit surprised that people can not find a body right where common sense says it is. The fact that a body was not found (and so assumed to not be in such an obvious place) was was fuelled all the way-out speculation.

One does assume that intensive searches at least eliminate the obvious... then again in the Casey Anthony case... Caylee's body was exactly where you might guess it to be... closest patch of trees and bushes to the Ant house.. a place where there were obvious signs of people dumping stuff? How on earth did everyone miss that?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:08 am 

renewsit wrote:
What will be interesting is when the family demands to know who killed Teleka ... regardless of the autopsy results. Maybe I'm wrong, I hope so....but even I would question this one.

RIP Teleka :rose

Comments on the local news feeds on FB are already demanding to know who killed her. They are even demanding that the police continue to look into Marvin Sapp. They are too daft to realize the police already cleared him early on in the case. I don't believe anyone killed her. I believe she was having a mental episode and walked away from her car and fell into the lake. Here's a picture that was posted on Mlive on February 14 showing the area where her car was found and where they searched...

She didn't have to go far to end up in the lake. Here's a "birds eye view" of where her car was found and the lake...

Not really a lot of trees to go through to get to it. The one big problem I see is this article from Mlive in Feb which also says...

Quote:
Detectives on Jan. 23 used sonar to search Lake Charles. The small lake, which more resembles a pond encircled by trees, is just north of where Patrick’s car went off I-94. Last week, the only thing visible on the snow-covered lake were deer paw prints. Detective Sgt. William Sparrow, of the Kalamazoo County Sheriff’s Office, said investigators plan to search the lake again this spring with a dive team.

Lake Charles and I-94 are divided by uneven terrain, a sturdy, metal-wire fence topped with barbed wire and a lake access road. Strong said police checked the fence for any evidence of Patrick, including clothing that may have gotten torn had she decided to walk from her car toward the lake, but found nothing.

“We’ve looked where we can,” Strong said.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/ind ... _miss.html

How did she get over the fence? Unless she walked down the highway to the access road to the lake?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:22 am 

I hadn't heard that they found her although they say it's not confirmed. If she was in a high manic state she could very well choose to go through the waist-high barbed wire fence, or walk to the road. It is curious though, and can't rule out foul play at this point.

So sad that she worked so hard to achieve and then this had to happen to her. May she rest in peace now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:26 pm 

They announced this morning that it was Teleka's body

Quote:
KALAMAZOO, Mich. (WZZM) - The Kalamazoo County Sheriff says the case of missing doctor Teleka Patrick is likely closed.

The Indiana State Police have confirmed that the body found in Lake Charles is that of Teleka Patrick.

The Kalamazoo County Sheriff says that there were no signs of trauma and it is likely that Patrick died from drowning, but they are still awaiting further toxicology reports. The sheriff says that barring any further information, the case is now closed.

http://www.wzzm13.com/story/news/local/ ... k/7500889/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:45 pm 
ADMIN

Thanks Froggie.... case closed?

I doubt it... theories will abound for ever.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:43 pm 

Here we go, Parents want 2nd autopsy. They do not believe there was no foul play...

Quote:
KISSIMMEE, Florida — Just days after learning of their daughter’s death, Teleka Patrick’s mother and father are speaking out for the first time.

The couple and their private investigator reached out to FOX 17. They want to let the public know they’re still actively looking for answers in their daughter’s death. They’re calling for a second autopsy to be performed.

The Patricks spoke with me from their Florida home.

“I was devastated. I pounded. I cried. I did everything, run down the street. The neighbors had to restrain me.
There are so many questions still unanswered. We weren’t hoping for this news,” Irene Patrick, Teleka’s mother said.

It’s been a hard week after an agonizing four months of not knowing where their daughter was.

“I still can’t understand why they’re saying there’s no foul play,” Patrick said.

The family is unsatisfied with the information that came out in the second and final press conference Wednesday by the Kalamazoo County Sheriff’s Department.

“So many things. Seems like they changed their story every time,” she said.

The night Patrick went to the Radisson Hotel, at one point, authorities said Patrick wanted to check into a room
but didn’t have enough cash.

Now it’s said that she had expressed intentions to return. It’s believed Patrick changed her mind and drove to Indiana on her own.
Irene patrick said there’s no proof that her daughter was in the car alone on that fateful trip.

“She’s dead. She doesn’t have a voice. She can’t speak and most of these things are unfounded,” Mrs. Patrick said.

Detectives learned through witness statements that Patrick disappeared on occasion and would check into motels for short stints.
Irene Patrick wants more proof of that.

Also, the family isn’t buying the revelation that Patrick may have been going to St. Louis to visit a friend.

“Those are assumptions. Nobody knew where she was going. She definitely, according to everything, running for safety of her life,” Patrick said.

Now the family is calling for a second autopsy to be performed. The Patrick’s have no specific call to authorities.

“I don’t think they can help us. Because all along, we couldn’t interrupt the investigation process. But now we really have to seek answers. We have to do what’s necessary to bring justice for Teleka,” she said.

Mrs. Patrick said, “Yes, we wanted closure, but we hoped we had good closure. But this is no closure.”

http://fox17online.com/2014/04/11/exclu ... z2ycotgSGx

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:45 pm 

How long before Crump gets involved? 3....2....1