It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:05 pm 

Put her in a glass case in red square?
Rename her Jahihova?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:06 am 
ADMIN

The Court filed.........

ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE RE DISMISSAL (PDF 6 pages)
https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http ... hrome=true

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:32 am 

Uncle tweeted this Jan 29th 2:14am
Wonder if something is "happening"
Omari _iamOMARI Protected Tweets Jan 29
#PrayForJahi #PrayersForJahi #PleasePrayForMe #ImPhysicallyHurting #TeamJahi #IhaveNotSleptIn2days http://instagram.com/p/jvuTsqopm-/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:40 am 

:84 Sending my most heartfelt Thank You, for thinking of me and your kindness over the loss of my longtime friend. She was buried on my Birthday .. not a birthday I will forget anytime soon.

Hoping everyone is doing Awesome and staying warm or cool whatever the weather is your reading from. Bitter Cold here, but we have had sunshine! Trying to catch up! :98 I guess Jahi is still dead. I posted a tweet from her Uncle...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:45 am 
ADMIN

Hi Mimi

Glad you are getting through things :28

I saw it was your birthday... you were mentioned here in Daily Chat thread ;)

RT DAILY CHAT THREAD #2
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1091&start=620#p67540

---------------
The instagram could be a clue?

I see that we can still access Omari instagrams

http://instagram.com/iamomari#

Blank "photos" on Jan 27 and 28th... I wonder if that means stuff deleted?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:31 am 

Rumpole, I was following him on twitter before he made it private. I can still see the pictures. Those 2 pics are of Jahi and him and her lil brother in one looks like a bowling alley, Jahi is giving Uncle the bunny ears. The other is Jahi, her lil brother and a lil girl, who looks about the age of brother. (note these are not the baby bro, the other brother, right under Jahi.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:35 am 
ADMIN

Thanks, Mimi.
Not sure what deleting them means...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:48 am 

I know that I someone is private and I don't follow, I cant see whatever it is. I have seen it say something to effect picture removed.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:04 pm 
ADMIN

FWIW - Note: It is written by Paul A. Byrne, M.D.

Jahi McMath, can you move?
By Paul A. Byrne, M.D.
February 1, 2014

A video recording of an ice cube touched to the foot of Jahi McMath has been distributed. Someone, perhaps Jahi's mother, says, "I don't understand how a 'brain-dead' can . . ."

I suspect the same or a similar comment would be made by anyone who sees the recording, except a neurologist who participates in the declaration of "brain death."

A neurologist is legally free to declare "brain death" in accord with any of many "accepted medical standards." Jahi was declared "brain dead" in accord with the standard accepted by the neurologists in California. Did a neurologist apply an ice cube to the bottom of Jahi's foot? No. The neurologists, I suspect, would respond that ice cube to the foot is not part of their examination. Furthermore, they would provide a reason for not including it. I could predict their response, but someday they will probably provide their own.

....more at link
http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/byrne/140201

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:46 pm 
ADMIN

Dying while black - the case of Jahi McMath
Rhea Boyd
Updated 4:23 pm, Friday, January 31, 2014

Excerpt
Quote:
Ultimately, it seems, despite being cared for at a hospital that local doctors like myself revere as a leader in practicing in and for communities of color, a disconnect remained. Perhaps it was the family's distrust of the system to adequately care for Jahi and the complicated medical language surrounding the diagnosis of death that created an impasse. That impasse gave way to an unnecessarily long period of suffering for Jahi and her family, and it must be prevented in the future.

...more at link
http://www.sfgate.com/default/article/D ... php#page-2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:48 pm 
ADMIN

I would call.... BS and Mumbo Jumbo..... but there are some good comments following the article.

http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/article/F ... 1000000211

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:54 pm 
ADMIN

I would call.... BS and Mumbo Jumbo..... but there are some good comments following the article.

WyzGuy56 wrote:
Cross-cultural communication should play absolutely no role when a team of physicians who speak English are communicating information to a family who also speaks English. In what way should the doctors at CHO have altered their interactions with the family? You make it sound as though this is the first black family to have lost a child who was in the care of CHO, and that the physicians, nurses and social services staff have never before encountered a black family. In one sentence, the lack of equality between races is lamented; in the next, we're told that Jahi McMath's family should have been treated differently because of their race. You can't have it both ways. In addition, what a monumental slap in the face to all those who work at CHO, caring for children and saving lives every single day, to suggest that they treated Jahi as less than based upon her race. SF Gate is not doing the McMath family--or the black community--any favors by printing these pieces. If members of the black community are seeking unification with all of the other races that inhabit this country, they need to stop creating devisiveness in articles like these.

bee_traven wrote:
The McMath family was given more time and consideration than most families ever receive when a family member dies in hospital. If their race played any role in this sad story I'd say that it worked to their benefit, not their detriment.

wondering1951 wrote:
Agree so much with this. Their child had a post op complication. Awful and terrifying but happens everyday. What happened differently in THIS case, is instead of behaving like ADULTS, this family went on the attack. Every interaction the staff had wit Jahi from that moment forward was met with hostility and suspicion. Was that because the family was black? Seems to me that other black kids die at CHO too. Do all their families behave that way? I bet they don't.. Should it be tolerated from ANY family?

By all accounts this family was rude demanding and hostile to the staff (they weren't all responsible for "killing" this girl" but they were all treated to a spoiled brat's attitude from Jahi's mama. She denigrated the staff, talked about the nurses in front of them WHILE they were caring for Jahi.

Was that because she felt culturally misunderstood? Or was that because she was hurt and angry and instead of dealing with it, she lashed out at the people she blamed, with however little evidence she possesed?

Perhaps the next article should be entitled "Practicing Medicine While White (or not black)

StudAngel wrote:
It took them a while to bring race into this. Never mind the mother encouraging the girl to talk and laugh immediately after surgery. Never mind the doctors orders not to eat and the mother enabling her once again to eat a hamburger that tore the stitches and ultimately killed her. None of that matters, it's all about race. FYI, when a green light turns red while driving, it's not race that made the light change, when it rains on your car after you wash your car, it isn't about race. You made a mistake and need to live with it. RIP girl.

wondering1951 wrote:
Then the family, through their attorney, took issue with an increasingly unsympathetic public. They USED that public and the media to pressure the hospital and later the courts to acquiesce to their wishes . Well that backfired spectacularly when that same public learned how they'd been manipulated by these people: The "routine" surgery that wasn't, then the accommodations the hospital made for this family that other equally ill children and THEIR families didn't get. The attitude this family displayed towards the staff that not only distracted from the experience for OTHER critical kids and THEIR families all the way to the allegations of racism that Uncle dearest leveled because their special badges (to help the family screen visitors) were seen as evidence of, what else but more racism.

So the mistrust runs both ways. The McMath family has "skewed the facts in this case in an effort to "control the message". They aren't interested in the "truth" or they would have welcomed Dr Durand's offer to discuss the case openly. Instead they make slanderous accusations but hide behind HIPAA so the full facts may never be known. Why do you think that is if they honestly believe they were TOTAL victims and have no blame themselves in this whole sad affair. And has led most people to believe the family is running FROM the truth to arrive at payday

And that doesn't even address the problem of Uncle Omari who never met a camera he didn't like.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:16 am 

iamomari
2 minutes ago
Sad to say this experience as showed me who's really down for me & who just exists. I once used the term "friend" that I don't take lightly to describe some people, NOT any more. #PainfullButTrue #LonelyButTrue #GuessIhaveToStartOverIn2014 #ThisShitAintFun #ThoughtMySmallCircleWasSolid #ImPlayingTheViolinWhileTypingTheseHashTags #GoingToGetDrunkAndListenToKennyG #WhoTheFuckListensToKennyG #FuckIt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:29 am 
ADMIN

Wallowing in self-pity.... looks like in the midst of a drinking binge.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:13 am 

Rumpole wrote:
Wallowing in self-pity.... looks like in the midst of a drinking binge.

:Q11 was thinking that, and probably some of his friends didn't agree with his grandstanding... :NN15

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:03 pm 

Guilt breeds this, IMO. IF the reports/rumors of food are true and the Grandmother freely admitted to suctioning before the "buckets" of blood... It would seem they have plenty to feel guilty about. The inevitable happened a long time back. I would think that organs are now rotting enough to not function with any or despite mechanical means. Which means I also think that any signs of interference done by the family after the surgery, cannot be determined by autopsy so it is "safe" the let her body go. Money.

My thought is that if they are so religious, why not unhook the whole shebang and let God decide. I was willing to give the mother a pass initially because people are that religious and she was assuaging her guilt trip. Haven't felt that way for well over a month.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:11 pm 
ADMIN

Winkfield v. Childrens Hospital Oakland et al
Filing 22

NOTICE of Voluntary Dismissal Without Prejudice Before Opposing Party Serves An Answer or MSJ (FRCP 41), filed by Latasha Winkfield (Cutlip, Quinton) (Filed on 1/29/2014) Modified on 1/30/2014 (jlmS, COURT STAFF).

NOTICE of Voluntary Dismissal (pdf)
https://docs.google.com/gview?url=http: ... hrome=true

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:57 pm 
ADMIN

The Maudlin, self obsessed, drunk... still feeling sorry for himself....

Quote:
iamomari
29 minutes ago · Omari's Palace
Everybody is out turning up at Super Bowl Parties & I'm at home like...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:53 am 

DebFrmHell wrote:
Guilt breeds this, IMO. IF the reports/rumors of food are true and the Grandmother freely admitted to suctioning before the "buckets" of blood... It would seem they have plenty to feel guilty about. The inevitable happened a long time back. I would think that organs are now rotting enough to not function with any or despite mechanical means. Which means I also think that any signs of interference done by the family after the surgery, cannot be determined by autopsy so it is "safe" the let her body go. Money.

My thought is that if they are so religious, why not unhook the whole shebang and let God decide. I was willing to give the mother a pass initially because people are that religious and she was assuaging her guilt trip. Haven't felt that way for well over a month.

I agree Deb... :(

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:06 am 
ADMIN

Jahi McMath: Is it safe to have tonsil surgery at Children's Hospital Oakland?
By Matthias Gafni
Contra Costa Times
Posted: 02/01/2014 12:20:00 PM PST

Bleeding complications following tonsil surgery are rare at hospitals across the state -- and rarer still at Children's Hospital Oakland, where the medical procedure that left 13-year-old Jahi McMath brain-dead has sparked debate about pediatric hospital care and the risk of tonsillectomies.

Five years of surgery records for the Oakland facility collected by the state show that about 1.4 percent of hospitalized tonsillectomy patients bled following the common procedure. That is below the state average for such complications, according to statewide hospital data requested and examined by Bay Area News Group. Bleed rates for outpatient procedures, considered less serious and where patients do not spend the night, were even lower -- only one instance in 3,100 tonsillectomies performed from 2008 to 2012.
[....]

Jahi's family thinks the hospital should have done more, and the state Department of Public Health launched an investigation after her mother asserted in court documents and interviews that nurses in the pediatric intensive care unit told her the hemorrhaging was "normal" and left it up to her and Jahi's grandmother to control it. The hospital has said little regarding what may have happened after Jahi's surgery, citing patient confidentiality laws.

Christopher Dolan, the family's attorney, has said a medical malpractice suit is expected, but he declined to comment for this story.

...more at link
http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_25042493/ ... il-surgery

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next