It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:22 am 

Yes it is safe to have tonsil surgery at Children's Hospital, it isn't safe to eat a Big Mac afterwards.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:36 pm 
ADMIN

Clergy Criticizes Children’s Hospital’s Continued Insensitivity
By Tasion Kwamilele Posted 2 hours ago

Oakland clergy are still demanding answers from Children’s Hospital Oakland in regards to the way they handled the case of Jahi McMath.

McMath was declared brain dead three days after complications from tonsil surgery. The family fought to keep the teenager on life support, and during the ordeal, the hospital was criticized for its insensitivity towards the family.

“…We watched the hospital spokesperson tell the public “there is no amount of hope, there is no amount of prayer, she is dead”; we watched as the hospital hired extra security for people who were hurting but demonstrated no violent behavior,” said Rev. Harold Mayberry of First AME Church in Oakland.

Mayberrysays clergy members began working in December to negotiate a meeting with hospital staff, clergy, and a member of Jahi McMath’s family.

Because the hospital is an important institution in the community, he said, the goal of the meeting “was to attempt to bring healing to what has been a very painful situation for the community.”

However, it wasn’t until the end of January, after clergy pointed out a breach in protocol by hospital staff that CEO Betram Lubin finally responded, according to Mayberry.

...more at link
http://postnewsgroup.com/blog/2014/02/0 ... nsitivity/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:38 pm 
ADMIN

The "shake-down" continues?

I wonder what sort of an "Unholy State" the corpse is in?

Died on (or just before) 12th Dec 2013..... animated for 2 months now. :eek

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:18 pm 

Ice still invokes a reflex, so I guess they'll go on that for a while. (I left a comment at the article you just linked.)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:51 pm 

:Gslap Jahi uncles tweet. Almost could be a sick joke. Almost got away with... fill in the blank. FYI the instagram pic is a picture of his signed release to the show.
Omari 5h
Just booked my 2nd gig last night. Im going to be on "I Almost Got Away With It" on the I.D. channel.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:09 am 
ADMIN

Thanks Mimi... I have a link to his Instagrams... but have not checked in a while :doh

http://instagram.com/p/kiI-rmIpuG/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:19 am 

I had followed his account before he made it private. So his tweets come up on my twitterline thingy ;)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:11 am 
ADMIN

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:27 pm 
ADMIN

From the fb "support" page........

Keep Jahi Mcmath on life support
2-19-14

https://m.facebook.com/keepJahiMcmathonlifesupport

Quote:
A letter from Nailah;

It has been over a month since I have spoken about my life with Jahi to anyone outside a very small circle of family and friends. So many people have asked how we are doing and if Jahi is alive. This has and continues to be an unbelievably difficult time for me as a mother and for us as a family. I have withdrawn for reasons of safety and privacy and to focus on my daughter and my role as her mother. However, I have not been alone. I have been surrounded by the love, support and prayers of so many kind people. Despite what people say about my daughter being dead and how I must be ignorant not to get that, I can tell you that she is much better physically since she has left Children's Hospital and I see changes that give me hope.

As I prayed today, I felt called to express to people that I am truly grateful for the amount of love and support my daughter Jahi McMath and I have received from people all over the world. We feel your prayer and support. Because of your unselfish generosity I was able to do what I was afraid I would never be able to do, move my daughter from Children's Hospital Oakland before they removed her from her ventilator and stopped her heart. This was itself a miracle. Please know that all of the support we received has been used towards helping Jahi. If I had it my way, I would say thank you to each and every person in their native language so they could understand how much I appreciate them for all their support and, most importantly, prayers. It is my belief that faith in God, your prayers, and the incredible kindness of good hearted medical professionals, are the main reasons my daughter is alive today. I know people are concerned and I want to make sure you know that Jahi is not suffering, she is surrounded by love. I will never let her suffer.

On the long hard days when I'm feeling down I think about all the people who are praying for me and Jahi and I feel so much better. I want you to know that I'm praying for you as well.

Thank you to all of the people who view my daughter as the sweet, innocent, 13 year old girl that she is and not a dead body or a corpse, I deeply appreciate that. Thank you to everyone who hasn't forgot how my daughter got into this situation in the first place. No one should have to go through this.

I would like to thank all of the people who have reached out to me and shared their stories of their family members. Some have been heartbreaking, some have given me hope. All have helped me feel that I am not the only person who has had this struggle. Some of you have shared how you fought for your loved ones and they got better, some of you have shared your regret with not fighting more and some shared with me the incredibly difficult decisions you made to let go. I have prayed for you as you have for me. Sadly I can say I know how you feel.

I also want to thank those who felt the need to go public with their opinions about me and my daughter, positive and even negative. It is because of you that my daughter's experience is so relevant and that people all over the world know who Jahi Mcmath is. What you may not know is that her name, Jahi, means one who is known by many. Hopefully my daughter can change some of the ways brain death is viewed in today's society. Honestly, I think she already has.

Finally, thank you for all the love, support and prayers you give Jahi every day. I am certain that she knows you are praying for her. I feel the support from your prayer all the time. I don't think I or Jahi would be here today without you. May God bless all who have shown love and compassion as well as those who have expressed their contempt. All are deserving of God's grace and love. For those who believe, please, keep praying for Jahi. God can overcome all things and I believe that his will has yet to be fully revealed. I love Jahi and where there is love, there is hope.

Nailah Winkfield , Jahi's mom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:54 pm 

what changes could she possibly see that give her hope? and that she is better now? SMH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:35 am 

No new mani-pedi pics? Why no videos of this progress? I can't begin to wrap my mind around the visual of Jahi today. IMO, this was just another plea for more "support".

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:44 am 
ADMIN

I have lost the plot.

I can see that pretending that Jahi is alive, might be a way of avoiding the truth that she is dead... denial by the mother, a part of the grieving process, but really going on more than a day or two indicates a serious psychological problem. She needs advice/psychological help/counseling.
If it is just a cynical "small potatoes" scam to raise money, then I think it has failed. There are not likely to be any fortunes made... small trickle of donations only I would think.
If is is a bigger scam as part of law suits... I can't see it succeeding. People are going to have to inspect the body and the game will be up.
I don't understand why some sort of authority is not involved with a dead body hanging about somewhere. I would think some department or other would want to see what is being done to the body. Perhaps public healthy and safety issues? abuse of a corpse? Something?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:48 am 

This story really bothers me. :( I wouldn't wont this little girl to be my niece or cousin or a relative because I would have the whole family against me . This child is not even mine and it hurts my heart that she is being used for some sort of money game.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:17 pm 
ADMIN

Mother of brain-dead Jahi McMath says her daughter is alive, not suffering and 'surrounded by love' after legal fight to keep the 13-year-old on life support

• Nailah Winkfield hasn't been heard from in over a month
  • On Wednesday she sent a note to an Oakland TV station thanking supporters of her daughter
  • 13-year-old Jahi McMath was declared brain dead after a tonsil surgery
  • The girl's case set off a debate over patients' rights

By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 04:59 GMT, 20 February 2014 | UPDATED: 16:48 GMT, 20 February 2014

The mother of an Oakland teen who was declared brain dead after having tonsil surgery in December - and then became the focus of a struggle between her family and the hospital over whether to keep her on life support - is speaking out for the first time in over a month.

In the letter, sent via-Facebook to KTVU Channel 2 news anchor Frank Somerville, 13-year-old Jahi McMath's mother, Nailah Winkfield, thanked those who have supported her during her struggle to keep her daughter alive.

Additionally, she says that her daughter is alive and not suffering - now that she's been moved from the Children's Hospital Oakland to a long-term care facility.

...more at link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... pport.html

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:28 am 

I just hope that when they swap out her brain they don't get one from Abby Normal. But then again, that would be Super Duper!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:42 pm 
ADMIN

RUMOUR ONLY: (but its persisted a few hours)

Heart has finally stopped, and so I guess some news about to break.

I resisted posting since I can't find confirmation yet.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:00 am 

I am sure they can find her a transplant. I mean, got to keep her "alive" as long as possible. She needs one last Big Mac before she dies again.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:09 pm 

Are we talking about Frankenstein here?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:33 pm 

It's pronounced Franken steen.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:27 pm 
ADMIN

Uncle Omari active still....

Instagram
http://instagram.com/p/k7ULpDIpo6/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next