It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:25 am 

Rumpole :neener

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:32 am 

That icon is so disturbing LOL

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:35 am 

:N14 eeeeeeewwwwww :Gslap It is!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:28 pm 
ADMIN

Latashia Winfield V Children’s Hospital Oakland

Phone Status Conference set up for the 2nd of April on this case.

Notice of Status Conference (pdf 31 pages)
https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http ... hrome=true

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:40 pm 
ADMIN

Children's Hospital Oakland - Statements in Response to Media Coverage December 2013

http://www.childrenshospitaloakland.org ... b2013.aspx

Quote:
MEDIA STATEMENT
December 29, 2013

The press release issued by Consumer Watchdog is replete with errors and unsubstantiated claims. Unfortunately, we are unable to correct many of these inaccuracies because of the family's refusal to let Children's Hospital & Research Center Oakland speak about this case.

Two of the points about which we can comment are the involvement of external review, and the release of records. We promptly reported this matter to the California Department of Public Health, which is actively reviewing the matter in partnership with us. Jahi's family has the same access to our medical records as the family of any patient at Children's. As a matter of policy, we do not release the entire medical record while the patient is in the hospital, since it is a document in continuous use. All families have the right to review the record while the patient is in the hospital, and have access to the entire record after the hospitalization has ended.

We continue to work closely with the family to support them during this painful time. It is very disturbing to us that an organization such as Consumer Watchdog has made so many unsubstantiated and inflammatory claims, particularly when we are precluded from addressing any of the specifics of this case at the family's insistence. We continue to strive to provide the best care possible for all patients, and their families, as we have for the past 100 years.

David Durand, MD
Chief of Pediatrics
Children's Hospital & Research Center Oakland

Quote:
MEDIA STATEMENT
January 5, 2014

A short while ago, the body of Jahi McMath was released by Children’s Hospital & Research Center Oakland to the coroner. The coroner has released her body to the custody of her mother, Latasha Winkfield, as per court order, for a destination unknown. Our hearts go out to the family as they grieve for this sad situation and we wish them closure and peace.

David Durand, MD
Chief of Pediatrics
Children's Hospital & Research Center Oakland

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:50 pm 
ADMIN

When Dead Is Dead

Medical Ethics Distinguish a Person from a Body

Sunday, January 19, 2014
By Ben Bycel

Unless you have been off the media grid, you cannot have missed the recent national headline stories about the California teenager and a pregnant woman in Texas who were declared brain-dead and yet put on ventilators. Why? Well, that’s the question. Reverse their vegetative state? Bring them back to even a partially normal life? Keep their bodies from deteriorating?
[....]

While it may not be unethical to do as Jahi’s parents have done, I think it sets dangerous and unrealistic expectations and adds unnecessary cost to our health-care system. It’s also simply bad public policy to encourage people to believe that being brain-dead is a recoverable state. As heartless as it sounds — dead is dead.

....more at link
http://www.independent.com/news/2014/ja ... dead-dead/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:56 am 
ADMIN

H/T "Popsicle" at WS....

Quote:
Uncle O and atty Dolan went to the football game today

http://instagram.com/p/jXmNkNopgY/

http://instagram.com/iamomari

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:10 pm 

Another good article (Tks Deb!) by Doc Bastard

http://docbastard.blogspot.com/

Up until a few weeks ago, I thought Twitter was the stupidest idea ever. Microblogging? Really?? Think about it, what can you really say in 140 characters or less? As it is, you can barely get one idea through. Then if you start responding to multiple people, your ability to communicate is even more limited. And if you dare use hashtags, your character count dwindles to near zero, and you have resort to things like saying "u" or "ppl". I'd rather stick hot pokers in my genitals than say "u".

Regardless, having engaged in several Twitter brawls (a few still ongoing), I can definitively say that Twitter is, in fact, the stupidest idea ever. Yet I find myself continuing to try to argue with (and educate) several ignorant individuals who, for reasons known only to them, seem hell-bent not only on ignoring facts and ethics but also on denying science. But arguing on Twitter is next-to-impossible, partly because of the character limit. But the main reason is that anyone can get a Twitter account, especially people whose sole intent is to malign, abuse, and insult. And as I've seen firsthand, 140 characters is plenty when your goal is either to foment mischief, spread malinformation, or both.

Having said that, I'd like to use this opportunity to expound some of what I've said while trying (in 140 characters or less) to battle the nonsense I've come across on Twitter and comment threads on the various Jahi McMath stories I've read. Which is pretty much all of them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:26 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
Latashia Winfield V Children’s Hospital Oakland

Phone Status Conference set up for the 2nd of April on this case.

Notice of Status Conference (pdf 31 pages)
https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http ... hrome=true

Awesome...she should be fully recovered by April.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:25 pm 
ADMIN

Yes... certainly sitting up in bed and eating burgers on her own.

"Phone conference" is OLD technology.... Status hearings should be twitter events... Court proceedings live on a YT channel.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:12 pm 

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/flu-cl ... index.html

"MELBOURNE, Fla. -
A woman in her mid-30s who was on life support from the flu has passed away, becoming Brevard’s second fatality from the virus this season, according to a hospital representative.

The conditions of two other people in Brevard hospitals who are on life support from influenza have not changed, said Dr. Heidar Heshmati, director of the county Health Department.

The latest victim, who had given birth in early December, had been hospitalized at Health First Holmes Regional Medical Center in Melbourne.
The first fatality, a woman in her mid- to late 30s, died January 5, also at Health First Holmes Regional Medical Center, according to health officials."

See this isn't fair, I think there should be a group of lawyers and Catholic doctors keeping her on life support until her kid at least graduates or gets married. No reason why being dead should stop her from being a part of her child's life.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:50 pm 
ADMIN

FWIW...

Notes:
1. Jahi's surgery was MORE than a routine tonsillectomy.
2. There is no evidence that ANYTHING "went wrong" during her surgery
3. It seems likely (though yet to be verified) that problems arose post Op.

'Routine' tonsillectomies not so routine
January 20th, 2014. 11:18 AM ET

When Jahi McMath suffered severe complications following a tonsillectomy, and doctors declared her brain dead, many parents were shocked.

More than 500,000 tonsillectomies are performed each year on children in the United States; it's the second most common pediatric surgery. But how routine are these procedures really?

Not so much, a new study published Monday in the scientific journal Pediatrics suggests. Researchers found the quality of care before, during and after a tonsillectomy varies greatly depending on the hospital.

"We were surprised at the degree of variation between hospitals in the use of medications ... and revisits to hospitals after the surgery for complications," said lead study author Dr. Sanjay Mahant.

...more at link
http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2014/01/2 ... o-routine/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:32 pm 
ADMIN

FWIW... OP ED by Dolan :doh

McMath attorney: Jahi's family aren't fools; they deserve better than ignorant attacks

Self-interest alone should lead most Americans to thank Nailah Winkfield, Jahi's mother, for her courage.

By Christopher Dolan
January 21, 2014

I am the attorney who answered a call for help from Jahi McMath's family in December. I have represented them for free — starting 10 hours before the first order to turn off Jahi's ventilator at Children's Hospital Oakland — as they have fought for their right to make medical decisions for a beloved child.

Despite the incendiary, hateful public rhetoric that has surrounded this case, I believe that self-interest alone should lead most Americans to thank Nailah Winkfield, Jahi's anguished mother, for her courage.

....more at link
http://www.latimes.com/opinion/commenta ... z2r054ltwf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:44 am 

Wow, Dolan is a piece of work!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:46 am 
ADMIN

Yes..... more than just delusion IMO.... it's the old "false narrative" trick.

And what happened to the cries for "Privacy" for the family? It seems to me that the media has stopped reporting on this, so why stir things up again?

Instagram pics of the Uncle and Dolan at a football game ,and now this OP ED piece are designed to bring attention and so run contrary to the hollow cries for "privacy"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:50 pm 
ADMIN

My old friend pixies has a way with words :cool

pixies wrote:
Either way, dead is dead. It's not being mean or harsh. It's the plain, simple truth.

My sympathy ran out when they said they suctioned her themselves. CYA mode now.

pixies wrote:
We all have. I don't put my personal stuff out on JQ but this family and from reading this thread (our posters) are not alone in losing a child.

The only difference is we did not shove a tube down their throats, warehouse them in a spare bedroom and turn the a/c down to stop the rotting while begging for donations and chest beating.

dead is dead. This family knows that yet they keep this bullshit going and it's either for the money or because they are covering their asses, in my opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:30 pm 

I think she is right..... there are in CYA mode. Why wouldn't they have called someone in the room if she started bleeding . i would have drug someone in there to help my child. They need to lay that child body to rest . :(

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:29 pm 
ADMIN

H/T Coreshift at Nettles Blog...

Screenshot of an Uncle Omari (protected) tweet updates on Friday...

Spoiler:

Tweet about funds....
Spoiler:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:43 am 

Rumpole wrote:
Jahi McMath Moved From Children's Hospital: Lawyer
Sunday, Jan 5, 2014 | Updated 10:14 PM PST

"They may have issued one but we don't have it. We don't think she's dead," Dolan said. "We got all the necessary legal paperwork in order to get Jahi out of there."

BBM

...more at link
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/natio ... 15191.html

But in his new OP ed piece, he claims NW had to get a copy in order to release JM.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:43 am 

Is she still dead?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next