It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:59 pm 
ADMIN

Well actually...... ;)

IF the Jahi precedent is allowed to stand... and the baby survives in the other case, it could open up the possibility of using Brain dead corpses as incubators. :eek

Clearly early stage foetuses are not viable if removed from the womb and placed in a mechanical incubator... but perhaps hospitals could have rows of corpses on ventilators.... on hand as it were, as incubators for foetuses.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:31 pm 
ADMIN

The words "Scheme Team" come to mind...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:47 pm 
ADMIN

Attorney Discusses Taking Jahi McMath Case, Death Threats
By Cheryl Hurd| Friday, Jan 10, 2014 | Updated 12:31 AM PST

Some call Chris Dolan scrappy. Others condemn him for giving a family false hope for a brain-dead child.

The attorney also received death threats while representing the Jahi McMath family during a public fight to keep the 13-year-old girl on life support. Dolan said he's willing to be the villain if it means fighting for the rights of people.

"I took this case fundamentally because I thought these folks didn't have the ability to assert their own rights," Dolan said in an interview with NBC Bay Area.

Protecting people's rights is what Dolan said he is about.

...more at link
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/At ... 38201.html

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:52 pm 

I dunno if I believe this (the death threats), it is in his best interests to keep quiet on the how/what/when/wheres of Jahi. IMO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:09 pm 
ADMIN

Pushing back against Wilful Ignorance.......

Stories from the trauma bay

Jahi McMath FAQ
Monday, January 6, 2014

Repetition as a concept is bad. Repeated repetition is worse. Add ignorance, stupidity, blind faith, half-truths, or outright lies to the repetition, and it becomes completely intolerable. I engaged in my first Twitter argument regarding Jahi McMath a few nights ago, and I kept hearing the same stupid questions and the same ignorant comments. Perhaps if I had a TARDIS I could find every one of these ignorant people who are undermining the reputation of Children's Hospital Oakland and their staff (and the entire medical community in general) and try to talk (ie slap) some sense into them. Unfortunately, I haven't the time, patience, or TARDIS to do so.

So instead I decided to put some of the more poignant questions here in order to answer them as clearly and concisely (read: using small words so the simple-minded can understand) as possible. Brace yourselves, folks. It's about to get deep.

...more at link
http://docbastard.blogspot.co.nz/2014/0 ... h-faq.html

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:11 pm 
ADMIN

From the comments at link above..... (I'm taking it with a "grain of salt")

HoodRatJanuary 7, 2014 at 1:13 AM
Quote:
Y'all guess wut, she my cousin and I see first hand how fucked up she look before she left CHD, her skin got a gray kinda look but she still warm, she sticky as fuck, I could smell her bad breath kinda smell like old chicken, and her nose leaking shit. What's the shit coming out her nose? I'm her cousin, no bullshit I think Tasha goin too far but whateva. Who want the tea? I'll keep y'all posted if u want me to

DocBastardJanuary 7, 2014 at 1:23 AM
Quote:
I'm not sure how you found me, but if you are indeed her cousin, updates would be greatly appreciated. However, I would ask that you email them to me directly (docbastard1@gmail.com) rather than post them here. That way I can read your update first before posting it just to make sure that your family's privacy isn't threatened. If you'd rather just say "fuck it" and post it here anyway, that's up to you, and I certainly won't stop you.

I take great pride in privacy (my patients' and my own), and I don't want anything to compromise YOUR family's privacy either.

What has happened to Jahi is tragic, but I'd hate for anything to make the situation worse than it already is.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:45 pm 
ADMIN

Jahi McMath and the Dangerous Language of Hope
Posted: 01/10/2014 4:18 pm
David Casarett, M.D.
Doctor, Author

The strange, sad case of Jahi McMath, the 13-year-old California girl who was declared brain-dead over her family's objections, has reached what is likely to be its final chapter. Transferred into her mother's custody and placed in an unnamed extended care facility, experts doubt that this once-vibrant teenager will continue to show signs of life for very long. Without meaningful brain function to control her body's physiology, it seems likely that her heartbeat will soon stop permanently. Whether that happens in days, weeks, or even months is anyone's guess. But that event will end speculation about whether Jahi is truly dead.
[...]

To say that there is hope is meaningless. Hope for what? For a cure? For a longer survival? For a return of some degree of brain function?

And to say that there is no hope -- a statement that I hear far too often from well-meaning colleagues -- is meaningless. Of course there is always hope, for something. This statement is harmful, too. To say that there is no hope effectively cuts off any thought for the future.
What could Jahi McMath's family have hoped for? That's the most important question, and it's one that hasn't received any attention. But there are possibilities.

They could have hoped for an assurance that Jahi wasn't suffering. They could have hoped that their entire family would have a chance to come together to say their goodbyes. They could have hoped for an understanding of the events following the tonsillectomy that led to her death.

BBM

..more at link
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-cas ... 74303.html

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:53 pm 
ADMIN

Friends Believe Jahi McMath, "Quiet Leader," is Alive

Principal: Students are choosing "spirituality over science"

By Lisa Fernandez| Friday, Jan 10, 2014 | Updated 1:40 PM PST

Though a death certificate has been issued for Jahi McMath, many of the 13-year-old Oakland girl’s classmates still believe the “quiet leader” who laughed at jokes that weren't funny will one day return to school — if they just pray hard enough.

“The school told us that she’s not officially dead yet,” said Dymond Allen, one of Jahi's friends at EC Reems Academy of Technology and Arts in East Oakland. “And we should keep her in our prayers. I still hope. And God has the last say-so.”

The academy's chief operating officer Lisa Blair said she has tried to honor Jahi's family's wishes by telling students that their classmate may still be alive, even though doctors say she is legally and clinically dead.

...more at link

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Ja ... 29891.html

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:58 pm 
ADMIN

Delusion and Wilful Ignorance are now being taught in High School :wall

Principal: Students are choosing "spirituality over science"

Does this ring any bells?

....the “quiet leader” who laughed at jokes that weren't funny

Another student "majoring in cheerfulness" ?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:08 pm 
ADMIN

As I mentioned in the daft thread... I have some regard for posts by Snoopy50 (and sympathy) ;)

Snoopy50 wrote:
I know I'm going to get clobbered for this, but there are clearly family dynamic going on with this bunch that are not the norm. You have 4 kids, all with different names, multiple donation sites, one that I personally know is being investigated, postings by possible CHO families giving us some insight on what may have REALLY been the cause of the bleeding, a giant bag of pills, an attorney who is bordering on insane, an uncle who is so caught up with seeking fame and fortune he's a laughing stock, a bio dad who sued Oakland for a civil rights violation case, wanted $2 mil and settled for "chump change" while being represented by one of the best personal injury attorneys in the area, a mother who is hoarding her child's poor dead body somewhere to keep it "alive" and I could go on. The question here is WHY. Why is this family so damned entitled to act in such a reckless regard? Why does nothing they say or do have any truth to it? This is not happening because they can't bear to part with this child's body out of love, I believe with all my heart that it is all about $$. I want to be wrong, I really do, but everything that keeps coming up is proving me right. I feel for this mother, but I don't like her or what she appears to stand for. Not one bit. There is an agenda, an unsavory motive, and it has to be $$. Nothing else makes sense.
I am now backing away to go grocery shopping. If any of you want to slam me, please do so in PM. I care about all of you, I truly do and I respect your opinions and feelings. These are mine, I will own them.

"Casting pearls before swine"? :give

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:20 pm 

I'm suspicious of the dollar motive as well. Early on, I gave them the benefit of the doubt, because maybe they just couldn't process the unexpected death. At this point, though, it is just macabre and grotesque.
Mike

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:01 pm 
ADMIN

Jahi McMath family attorney fires back at medical ethics critics
By Jason Wells
January 10, 2014, 8:03 a.m.

The attorney who successfully fought in court to keep 13-year-old Jahi McMath on a ventilator at an Oakland hospital for weeks after she was declared brain dead defended his actions this week, calling the case a fight for family rights.

Christopher Dolan has been widely criticized as having fed false hope to the McMath family that somehow their daughter -- declared brain dead by at least three neurologists and issued a death certificate by the Alameda County coroner -- will recover.

But in an interview with the Bay Area's KNTV-TV posted on Friday, Dolan rebuked those accusations, saying he only became involved in the case to fight for the McMath family's rights.

“One thing that’s really offended me, I mean really offended me, is that I am misleading this family, that I’m giving them false hope," he said. "Well that means that this family is dumb, and I really resent that. That somehow they’re going to be hoodwinked by some lawyer that’s manipulating them. These are smart people.”

...more at link
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... z2q2dk3VBJ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:06 pm 

Mimbler wrote:
I'm suspicious of the dollar motive as well. Early on, I gave them the benefit of the doubt, because maybe they just couldn't process the unexpected death. At this point, though, it is just macabre and grotesque.
Mike

It's been suspicious to me ever since a sleazy lawyer raised his ugly head.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:13 pm 
ADMIN

From "Nursing News" Blog....
http://allnurses.com/nursing-news/girl- ... age92.html

Quote:
Jan 8 by JustBeachyNurse
I'm guessing that there will be gross abdominal distention and likely gram negative necrosis. No bowel sounds since Dec 11th = no peristalsis. Since lower GI tract is already necrotic and sloughing off being expelled when body moved ( no defecation since Dec 12/13) it's most likely the upper GI tract is also necrotic and sloughing off. If the formula even gets in for a full feed volume there is no muscle contractions or peristalsis to move it along. Most likely gross ulceration of the stomach lining and it will expel into the peritoneal cavity hastening the rotting of tissue and further necrosis. The potassium released will stop the heart. If they started feeds today, the opportunistic infections may stop the heart before night's end.

Her alleged cousin reported in a blog comment of a putrid discharge expelling from her nose which is likely liquefied putrid brain tissue or necrotic lung tissue. There is likely alveolar damage as her pulmonary secretions were already tan , sanguineois pasty & foul smelling as of 1/2/14 so soon there will be no lung tissue left to ventilate. The cousin said her skin is gray, sticky (likely extra cellular fluid weeping) and the odor is like rotten chicken cutlets. Amazing the family wants privacy but not so private that they are too humble to continue to accept donations.....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:05 pm 

OMG, it's Data Vera from JQ. Can Priss and Grams be far behind?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:09 pm 
ADMIN

Is it? I never made the connection. :doh

Praise where praise is due.

DV is posting sense at InSession2 (formerly Justice Quest) in regards this case.

It is a shame that SHE made such an ass of herself over the GZ case. :95

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:14 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
Well actually...... ;)

IF the Jahi precedent is allowed to stand... and the baby survives in the other case, it could open up the possibility of using Brain dead corpses as incubators. :eek

Clearly early stage foetuses are not viable if removed from the womb and placed in a mechanical incubator... but perhaps hospitals could have rows of corpses on ventilators.... on hand as it were, as incubators for foetuses.

It's actually not that uncommon to keep the mother on a ventilator if she is past a certain point in her pregnancy...20 weeks, I believe. In Texas it is against the law to pull the plug on a pregnant woman (only past certain pt in preg.). At least this is how I understand it.

Ewwww on the incubators...really, really, ewwww. No Boston cream pie for me tonight :(

Last edited by renewsit on Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:19 pm 

Rumpole wrote:

okkkkkkkkkkkk, had to read this through splayed fingers. Yesterday I read the mother was happy they took the tube out of her mouth so that she could kiss her again. At this point everyone involved is sick, including the mother...yes I did, sue me.

There are actual toxic dangers at this point, aren't there? $hit coming out of her nose? Come on.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:24 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
If we are talking "dreams" and "What ifs....."

If there is some sort of miracle and they can stop the decay of the corpse, there is still the small matter of the brain... it's dead.... it's GONE!!
The the ONLY way to reanimate a corpse with no brain is to insert one... a transplant. Brain transplant technology is in it's infancy in the legit real medical world... so I guess they need look to precedents in.... The Twilight Zone!! :eek

The only place this "medical procedure" is documented is in works of fiction... most famously in Mary Shelley's novel "Frankenstein; or, The Modern Prometheus" Good book... good book! The story repeated many times in "Frankenstein" movies.

Frahnk-in-steeeen! Put zeeee candle back!

Random, I know, but that was one of my all time favorite Mel Brooks movies :77

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:36 pm 
ADMIN

Great movie... been a while since I saw it. :)

Marty Feldman was a great UK comedian (TV stuff)... he "looked funny" so had a "head start" ... unfortunately died young (48)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next