It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:49 am 

Didn't you hear? She is doing BETTER!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:04 am 

Well yes she is clearly doing better, I mean who wouldn't be doing better with a tube stuffed down their dead throat pushing mush into their dead stomach. Just wondering if she was still dead though.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:27 am 

I was reading OS tweets and stated the gofundme site paid for her transfer but I could swear I read somewhere that the transfer and the treatment were/are being paid for by someone else BUT I cannot find it anywhere!

I keep going back to the beginning, and there has not been any complaints with the surgery itself, it all went down in PICU (right?) A few tweets ago OS claims it will all come out after HIPPA allows it. Umm, isnt it the family that wont allow that?

And right after they took JM, didnt the coroner state that makes the autopsy harder to conclude what happened?

I dont think their lawsuit will be on negligence. imo

But to answer you with an oxymoron, what we have here is: a warm corpse.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:14 pm 

What we have here sadly is a 13 year old child who has lost her life, forever.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:52 pm 
ADMIN

Sad saga of Jahi McMath made sadder by family's lawyer, readers say
By Paul Thornton
January 22, 2014, 11:10 a.m.

On the troubling case of teenager Jahi McMath being kept on a ventilator despite doctors' declarations that the 13-year-old is dead, I've written before that most of the reader reaction has been compassionate toward her parents but unsparingly critical of the outside groups and the lawyer making a cause celebre out of the situation.

Now that the lawyer -- Chritopher Dolan -- has penned a stinging rebuttal in The Times to his critics and the critics of Jahi's family (he calls those critics "self-righteous"), readers are once again coming down hard on him. A few are even growing less patient with the parents, and some note the biological processes about setting in that will further prove Jahi is dead.

Here are some of those letters, a few of which may be printed in The Times later this week.

...more at link
http://www.latimes.com/opinion/opinion- ... z2rBMqF0zV

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:50 am 

A childhood friend of my started having unbearable headaches and her back was hurting tomorrow will be 2 wks. She went to ER because her vision began to get real blurry... had a few strokes, tests and on Saturday(this past weekend) the tests revealed she had bone cancer and it has spread to 95% of her body. She was given 1 WEEK. She passed away, with Grace and Dignity on Wednesday night. I was speaking with the Hospice nurse. She was telling us that My Friends body had already started shutting down when she came into the hospital. She was awake and knew what was being told. She did not want to prolong the inevitable. I thought about Jahi McMath and I said a prayer for her family. I saw what my friend was going thru during the last 2 days. Her body got very hot, then cold. Body shutting down cant control temp. Also, a dying person will get a "a burst of entergy". Sunday night we had a sleepover gab fest. I am so thankful for that. My friend was not brain dead, but dying and I even talked with the Hospice RN about about her thoughts. Very interesting conversation. I am thankful, tho it was a super short time finding out and passing, there was a time to say our see ya laters. It was very hard, yet there was some peace.

I had prayed very hard that she would not die on my birthday, she did not. But most likely it looks like she may be buried on it... Monday... if they don't have it on Sunday. I suppose I will look at it as an honor, but its one I would rather not have...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:02 am 

So sorry for your loss. That's another example of how fast we can go. Here today and gone tomorrow. We just never know.

I understand about the body shutting down. I've lost some pets where the vet said their organs were shutting down before they actually passed.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:04 am 
ADMIN

Sorry to hear about your friend, Mimi :give

My condolences to you, and her other friends and family. :rose

I did have a lot of sympathy for Jahi's family, I have been through similar myself with my Father in Law (a while ago).
But.... the hospital DID maintain Jahi on life support... I am sure, just so Jahi's family had time to come to grips with the situation, "say their good-byes" etc. I would never minimise their grief and pain, at that time, and since as they work through "the grief process". They should have been left in peace with that. However, it is of their own making that they are not. The business with keeping the corpse ventilated is a separate issue, and for doing that I have no compassion for the family.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:34 am 

Thank you Seeing eye and Rumpole for your kind words. My friends situation and JM was diff in many ways, but it made me see and consider many things after having read so much on JM situation. My friend turned 50 on Dec 1. Yet her Mother was devastated too, and this same Mother oldest dtr who 2 yrs older has heart prob, and on Dec 9 dumb ass, yes I said it, was smoking and O2 tank exploded in face. So Shirley M, the mother has truly been dealt an overflowing platter of stress and grief. And your correct people handle grief different and go thru different levels at different times. I continue to worry about JMs siblings, I saw such pain in some young adults and school age children this week, we had discussions of what and how much to tell them. I said don't lie, but only give as much info as to satisfy at the present. Its overwhelming for adults, and little kids just dwell on things. I thought about JM siblings and classmates... Ok, I will grieve and not dwell... Thankful my friend did not realize she was suffering for so long. JM hasn't suffered in a long time......

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:02 am 
ADMIN

I can relate to Jahi McMath's family because I've been there
By Reg Green, guest blogger
January 23, 2014, 2:16 p.m.

I have an inkling of the agony the parents of 13-year-old Jahi McMath are going through. They are the couple who have kept her on a ventilator, although the doctors at Children’s Hospital Oakland declared her brain dead.

Our 7-year old son, Nicholas, was shot in an attempted carjacking while we were on a family vacation in Italy nearly 20 years ago. He was too weak to operate on, the doctors told us, and the only hope was that he would grow strong enough if given some time.

...more at link
http://www.latimes.com/opinion/opinion- ... z2rB1f80uM

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:27 pm 

So sad about their son and something to think about if we are faced with the unexpected. I hope they got the carjacker/s.

So sorry for the loss of your friend, Arkansasmimi. That was fast and had to be such a shock.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:09 pm 

Sorry to hear about your friend MIMI ! :(

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:26 pm 
ADMIN

How an Outdated California Law Is Impacting the Jahi McMath Case
Posted: 01/24/2014 3:48 pm

The controversial debate over when life ends has taken center stage the past several weeks after 13-year-old Jahi McMath was declared brain dead three days after undergoing tonsil surgery at Children's Hospital Oakland. Both in court and in the media, a respected hospital whose doctors and nurses are dedicated to providing care for children on MediCal was pitted against a family searching for answers on how this could have happened and trying to save their daughter's life. As the hospital and the family battled in court over whether to remove the ventilator keeping Jahi breathing, talking heads battled in the media over the definition of life and death, with some claiming her family should let her rest in peace and accept her death while others claimed her family has a right to hold out for a miracle and keep her alive. Lost in the conversation is how a little-known California law is shaping how this tragedy unfolds.

....more at link
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mari-fage ... 45768.html

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:38 pm 
ADMIN

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:40 pm 
ADMIN

Her blackening toes sure look dead to me :eek

And..... apparently that vid was from way back before the court hearing... before the "body snatch" Jan 6th

So... the corpse would have deteriorated considerably I would think after another 3 or 4 weeks.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:36 am 

I agree Rumpole on the blackening of the foot. I had a friend who had to have his lower leg amputated in August because of poor circulation. It started out bluish, then more purple before he would go to the doctor. It turned my stomach, just the thought of it. I knew he was goin to lose it. He is an older gentleman and he just kept thinking it get better. I can only imagine what Jahi foot or body looks like now. Maybe the pigmentation is different, but I know from my friend who just passed, there was a yellowing in her skin more each day. I can not imagine what the caretakers are going thru.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:15 pm 
ADMIN

It looks like link(s) to the foot reflex have been taken down, but FWIW it is still on YT

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:53 pm 
ADMIN

Jahi McMath video claims to show her feet move
By Rick Hurd and David DeBolt
Contra Costa Times
Posted: 01/27/2014 08:41:41 AM PST

Three weeks after Jahi McMath was taken out of Children's Hospital Oakland, a video claiming to show the girl's feet and toes responding to sensation turned up on the Internet.

The video, posted on the "Keep Jahi McMath on life support" Facebook page on Sunday, showed a person's hand rubbing ice gently across the feet of a girl said to be Jahi, the Oakland teen who developed complications after tonsil, nose and throat surgery for sleep apnea, and was declared brain-dead.

On Monday morning, the video had been removed from Facebook without explanation, and the link disabled. However, the video still appeared on YouTube.
[....]

However, Dr. Neal E. Slatkin, a neurologist and chief medical officer at San Jose's Hospice of the Valley, said spontaneous movements aren't rare in brain-dead patients, and can be seen in 50 percent or more of such patients.

The movement, according to Slatkin, could be spinally mediated reflexes or due to irritable nerves or muscle membranes reacting to the application of cold.

The movements are not an indication that she is alive, he said.

"She's brain-dead. She has no thought. She has no ability to control or interact with anything in her environment," Slatkin said. "She's completely dependent on machines and forever will be."

...more at link
http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-new ... -feet-move

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:42 pm 

It's hard to believe this bruhaha is still going on.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:52 pm 
ADMIN

I wonder what some people think the "end game" is?

Jahi risen from the dead?

Jahi's corpse on public view like an old fashioned circus sideshow event?

I think the inevitable result is that the family announce that Jahi has "passed".

That will at least close this chapter and allow Jahi to "Rest In Peace". However I imagine the claims and counter claims will only just be starting. I guess eventually there will be a financial settlement... done quietly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 20  Next