It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:31 pm 
ADMIN

Keeping Jahi McMath on ventilator is 'crazy,' expert says
By Los Angeles Times staff
January 13, 2014, 7:20 a.m.

Medical ethicists are criticizing the unnamed facility that agreed to keep the body of 13-year-old Jahi McMath on a ventilator after transferring her from an Oakland hospital, saying it will only delay the inevitable while potentially causing long-term financial and emotional harm to her family.

Jahi's case has been widely criticized by medical experts who have emphasized that people who are declared brain-dead are no longer alive. At least three neurologists confirmed Jahi was unable to breathe on her own, had no blood flow to her brain and had no sign of electrical activity three days after she underwent surgery Dec. 9 to remove her tonsils, adenoids and uvula at Children's Hospital Oakland and went into cardiac arrest, causing extensive hemorrhaging in her brain.

...more at link

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... z2qIi7wDXD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:55 pm 

Just thinking aloud but Jahi's body has already "lasted" longer than I thought she would outside of the hospital. I shudder to think of what is happening to her, though. Even if they can keep the body functioning for a prolonged period they still won't have their daughter back. They say they are deeply religious. So how is it that they can't accept that her soul is with Jesus?

I think this has become all about the mother without concern for the daughter. There is a future lawsuit involved and IIRC, as her body continues to deteriorate it will be harder to confirm her cause of death. Which leads me to wonder if they are doing this to hide that they may have fed her solid food after the surgery or some other instruction post surgery.

I may have reservations about this but I still kind of hope that the lawsuit is not the primary motivation for prolonging the inevitable. I would rather accept that the mother feels guilt or whatever and is trying to mentally come to terms with her death last December.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:55 pm 

I agree with you Deb. But I wonder how she can come to terms with is now happening to Jahi's body.

IMO :moo I would be feeling guiltier over seeing her body deteriorate. :moo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:11 pm 
ADMIN

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:13 pm 
ADMIN

"Doing well" :40

What? OK (ish) for a corpse? No bits actually fallen off yet? :wall

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:58 pm 

doing well ----- well done

oops wrong thread

:NN21

ETA: huge update ----- dead?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:11 pm 

No one knows what her body is doing because no one knows where her body is...could be in a tub somewhere on ice for all we know. One thing is for sure, whomever is treating her medically, if a doctor or nurse, is bound to face dire consequences.

Beyond the pale.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:59 pm 
ADMIN

Tweets have been deleted.... FWIW we still have screen shots

Spoiler:
Screen Shots of Tweets posted previously from Jahi is my angel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:23 pm 

If she says "you can't kill me, I'm already dead", now that would be cool.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:41 pm 
ADMIN

Nah... her first words will be......

"OK I WOULD like fries with that"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:23 pm 

http://www.scribd.com/doc/199526944/Chi ... d-12-30-13

I cannot find out how to quote a portion of this document but in the attorney Dolan statement he says that Jahi was awake and speaking (wasn't she supposed to be quiet?) and asked for a popsicle (no mention if she got it). Then later Jahi began bleeding, family began assisting then Stepfather "continued to suction"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:35 pm 
ADMIN

Jahi McMath is Alive
By James Coulter
January 14, 2014

The case of Jahi McMath brings up numerous critical bioethical issues, especially as we are going into period of health care rationing and fewer choices in our medical care.
[...]

Normal procedure in many Intensive Care Units (ICUs) at this time is to obtain permission from the family to disconnect the ventilator if the patient is not going to be an organ donor. The family is "gathered," the ventilator is disconnected, and death is "pronounced," often in the presence of clergy, at the time of cessation of cardiac activity. In cases where the patient or the patient's family has agreed to organ donation, the time of the neurological exam is declared to be the time of death. However, even though Jahi was not an organ donor, the official time of death was declared to be December 12, even though she was receiving life support.

But Jahi's mother did not believe her daughter was truly dead, and fought to have life support continued. With the help of attorney Chris Dolan a court injunction was obtained to continue life support, and 25 days later Jahi was transferred by critical care ambulance, still on a ventilator, to another medical facility.

...more at link
http://www.americanthinker.com/2014/01/ ... alive.html

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:56 pm 

https://twitter.com/BrPaulODonnell

Read his tweets, supposedly he has seen her.

Amazing just utterly speechless...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:23 pm 
ADMIN

I don't see where he claims to have seen the corpse himself.

He is just just proclaiming "Jahi Lives"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:54 pm 
ADMIN

Legal History of the Jahi McMath Case
GUEST ENTRY by VenomousFeminist!
Monday, January 13, 2014

Quote:
T&T is fortunate to have one of our readers, VenomousFeminist, a California attorney, explain the court documents and rulings in the Jahi McMath case. I have verified that VenomousFeminist is a real attorney, licensed with the California State Bar. Sprocket.

There has been a lot of confusion about the court proceedings in the Jahi McMath case, and a number of questions as to why Judge Grillo extended the initial temporary restraining order (TRO) out to January 7, nearly 3 weeks after the initial TRO was granted. I think part of the confusion is that this case has been heard now in three separate courts – the Alameda County Superior Court (state trial court), the First (Second? – the pleading captions vary) Appellate District Court (state sppeals court) and the District Court of California (federal trial court). Let me see if I can sum up the actions that have occurred in each court, and their outcomes, thus far, to help clarify why the extensions were granted, and by which court. I’m not going to address CHO’s response unless someone is unclear on their position and specifically asks for clarification, nor am I going to address the merits of the arguments made.

...more at link
http://sprocket-trials.blogspot.co.nz/2 ... -case.html

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:27 pm 
ADMIN

Jahi McMath: Family of brain-dead girl keeping out of public view
By Jason Wells
January 14, 2014, 10:36 a.m.

After waging a public battle to keep brain-dead Jahi McMath on a ventilator and then transfer her body to an undisclosed facility, the 13-year-old girl's family has chosen to lie low and "heal up," their attorney said.

"The family is seeking to focus attention on Jahi," San Francisco attorney Christopher Dolan said in an interview with CNN.

Citing alleged death threats, the family has declined to say where it transferred Jahi's body after she was released by Children's Hospital & Research Center Oakland to the county coroner.

Dolan told CNN the family has instead chosen to lie low as it keeps vigil over Jahi. Family members need to "heal up from this whole experience" and have "some quiet time" away from media questions, he added.

...more at link
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... z2qPH18GGn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:31 pm 
ADMIN

Some interesting thoughts/questions from a poster at WS...

Quester wrote:
Random thoughts and all JMO …
  • Possible moral of the story for the hospital … don’t bend the rules for anyone and even then there are no guarantees people won’t try to take advantage of the rules … unless hospital sets a no visitor policy and then they might not get any patients. JMO

• Shouldn’t the FLOTUS take up this cause [ETA: meaning childhood obesity and choosing elective surgery rather that losing weight] and could possibly have a direct impact particularly on the Black community? Didn’t she take up childhood obesity, diabetes, nutrition?

• Why wasn’t this obese child guided to lose weight prior to any surgery? Was surgery chosen because it was the easier option? Why would a doctor agree to such a surgery without the child first losing weight? I’d like to understand why that surgery took place and why the parents agreed to it.

• Since JM's case has such national coverage, I would think many parents of obese children, experiencing similar issues (sleep apnea, possible type 2 diabetes, bed wetting, etc), would benefit from such an article/discussion. JMO

I would bet this surgery is rarely to never done in France due to removal of the uvula making it impossible to pronounce the "r" sound in french.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:43 pm 

I have read a TON or articles, blogs and forums on Jahi and most of the comments of such and I have never ever heard any kind of death threats or any kind of injuries towards Jahi's family. I am sure there are people that do but I haven't seen it. imo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:30 pm 
ADMIN

I have not seen any threats either. Plenty of people who are opposed to this farce with the corpse... but no threats.
In fact most people STILL maintain some sympathy for the loss of a loved one by the family... but that sympathy does not extend to messing about with a corpse for over a month, and not to people who may well have an agenda, and be pushing a false narrative. But even given all that... still no threats.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:12 pm 
ADMIN

Allyson Scerri ... or is it "SCARRY!!" :WW

Speech therapy for a corpse?? :eek :wall

President of New Beginnings Allyson Scerri's Fox News Interview

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 20  Next