It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:43 am 
ADMIN

H/T arkansasmimi

Court Docs pdf in Jahi McMath case (pdf 68 pages)

http://www.thaddeuspope.com/images/Hosp ... -03-14.pdf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:05 am 
ADMIN

Jahi McMath - A Body in Limbo
January 10, 2014

The last independent information the public received on Jahi McMath was Dr. Heidi Flori's January 3, sworn statement as to the condition of Jahi's body, and following that, Children's Hospital Oakland confirmed to The Oakland Press that her body had been removed from the hospital Sunday evening (1/5).

We still do not know to what facility/hospital Jahi's body was moved. McMath's family and attorney have been tight lipped in that regard, but they have been very vocal when it comes to other information they want to tell the general public. I believe the first notification that Jahi's body had procedures to insert tracheotomy and gastric feeding tubes came from Omari Sealy's (Jahi's uncle and spokesperson) Instagram page. Family attorney Christoper Dolan told the press the same thing and the media repeated the information.

...more at link
http://sprocket-trials.blogspot.co.nz/2 ... limbo.html

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:15 pm 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jahi_McMath

Well, she is now immortalized forever, she is on wiki.

The family/attorney have been quiet for awhile.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:37 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
Great movie... been a while since I saw it. :)

Marty Feldman was a great UK comedian (TV stuff)... he "looked funny" so had a "head start" ... unfortunately died young (48)

He didn't have to die, they could have put him on a ventilator and kept him alive. He could have done a few more movies.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:44 pm 

Hah! Yeah, WHO said he was dead? The coroner?

:doh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:37 pm 

"Freshly Dead" Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:23 am 
ADMIN

Amicus Curiae Brief that was filed with the court on 1/6/14

http://www.thaddeuspope.com/images/Amicus_brief.pdf

Quote:
Hypothesis: Jahi McMath, a child in an early development stages, under extreme trauma, dependant and trusting of her maternal-child communication and bond, to conserve her energy and retain her consciousness and support her survival, involuntarily and rationally shut down the non-essential systems of her body - including her brain and brain stem. And thus, her consciousness retreated to a more primary layer of 'Systems Biology' physiology in the hope that the prevailing conditions would change and that at a time in the future the opportunities for repair and recovery would arrive.

H/T Donjeta at WS
Quote:
This may be the strangest thing filed in court yet. As far as I can understand it says that Jahi chose to make herself brain dead and unable to breathe to save energy in order to be able to survive and stay conscious. Her consciousness waits for further recovery opportunities somewhere other than her brain which she doesn't really need because she has a magical connection with her mother, due to being a child. The author appears to be just a random character with lots and lots of issues of his own, not related to the family or any other parties in the case.

I have done screenshots of the 20 pages :cool

Spoiler:
Image[/img]

Brief was filed by Daniel Lappin

Daniel Lappin is an educator, coach and Licensed Health Care Practitioner. He is a hands-on somatic practitioner and massage therapist. He brings a poignant and productive focus to his clients.

His credentials:
Bachelor of Arts, Economics, The University of Chicago, 1981
Certified Massage Therapist, San Francisco School of Massage, 1997

http://www.daniellappin.com/about.htmlh ... about.html

Quote:
An amicus curiae (also amicus curiæ; plural amici curiae, literally "friend of the court") is someone who is not a party to a case who offers information that bears on the case but that has not been solicited by any of the parties to assist a court. This may take the form of legal opinion, testimony or learned treatise (the amicus brief) and is a way to introduce concerns ensuring that the possibly broad legal effects of a court decision will not depend solely on the parties directly involved in the case. The decision on whether to admit the information lies at the discretion of the court. The phrase amicus curiae is legal Latin.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:09 am 
ADMIN

Case number: RP13707598
Title: Matter of Jahi McMath
Case Type: Civil
Complaint Type: Other Probate
Case Subtype: Probate
Filing Date: 12/20/13
Filing Location: Rene C. Davidson Alameda County Courthouse

http://apps.alameda.courts.ca.gov/domainweb/

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:16 am 
ADMIN

DOCKET (Register of Actions)

http://apps.alameda.courts.ca.gov/domainweb/

CASE: RP13707598

Date.... Action
12/20/13 Other Probate Petition Filed
12/20/13 Miscellaneous Memorandum of Points & Authorities Filed
12/20/13 Proposed Order Received
12/20/13 Proposed Order Filed
12/20/13 Declaration Filed
12/20/13 Memorandum of Points and Authorities in Opposition to Ex Parte Application for TRO Filed
12/20/13 Order Granting TRO and Authorizing Medical Treatment Filed
12/20/13 Application Re: Other Ex Parte Filed for Latasha Winkfield
12/20/13 Civil Ex-Parte 12/23/2013 09:00 AM D- 31
12/23/13 Civil Ex-Parte Commenced and Continued
12/23/13 Hearing Continued to Civil Ex-Parte dept: 31 date: 12/24/2013 time: 09:00 AM
12/23/13 Order Re: Case Management Regarding Petition for Authorizing Medical Treatment Filed
12/23/13 Order re: TRO Following Petition for Emergency Protective Order Filed
12/23/13 Order Granting Media Request to Permit Coverage Filed
12/23/13 Letter from Paul Fisher Filed
12/23/13 Miscellaneous Resume of Dr. Fisher Filed
12/23/13 Brief (Pet) in Support of Imposition of TRO and OSC Filed
12/23/13 Miscellaneous Picture of Readings Filed
12/23/13 Miscellaneous Petition to Have Dr. Paul Byrne Designated as Independent Medical Expert for Examinati
12/23/13 Letter from Dr. Fisher Filed
12/23/13 Letter dated 12/23/13 Filed
12/23/13 Miscellaneous Media Request to Photograph, Record, or Broadcast KCBS Filed
12/23/13 Order Granting Media Request to Permit Coverage KCBS Filed
12/23/13 Miscellaneous Media Request to Photograph, Record, or Broadcast KTVU Filed
12/23/13 Order Granting Media Request to Permit Coverage KTVU Filed
12/23/13 Miscellaneous Media Request to Photograph, Record, or Broadcast KGO - TV Filed
12/23/13 Order Granting Media Request to Permit Coverage KGO - TV Filed
12/23/13 Miscellaneous Media Request to Photograph, Record, or Broadcast KGO Radio Filed
12/23/13 Order Granting Media Request to Permit Coverage KGO Radio Filed
12/23/13 Miscellaneous Media Request to Photograph, Record, or Broadcast Kron Filed
12/23/13 Order Granting Media Request to Permit Coverage Kron Filed
12/23/13 Miscellaneous Media Request to Photograph, Record, or Broadcast NBC Filed
12/23/13 Order Granting Media Request to Permit Coverage NBC Filed
12/23/13 Miscellaneous Media Request to Photograph, Record, or Broadcast Oak Tribune Filed
12/24/13 Miscellaneous Opposition to Petition to Appoint Dr. Byrne as Independent Expert Filed
12/26/13 Miscellaneous Report of Dr. Fisher (Redacted) Filed
12/26/13 Order 1) Denying Petition for Medical Treatment and 2) Granting in Part Application to Seal Record P
12/30/13 Civil Ex-Parte Commenced and Completed
12/30/13 Application Re: Other Ex Parte Granted
12/30/13 Application Re: Other Ex Parte Filed for Latasha Winkfield
12/30/13 Civil Ex-Parte 12/30/2013 01:30 PM D- 31
12/30/13 Opposition to Ex-parte Application for Emergency Continuation of TRO Filed by Children's Hospital
12/30/13 Order Granting Ex Parte Application for Continuation of TRO Filed
01/02/14 Order Setting Case Management Conference for 9:30AM on Friday Jnuary 3, 2014. Filed
01/02/14 Civil Ex-Parte 01/03/2014 09:00 AM D- 31
01/02/14 Order from DCA Filed
01/02/14 Amended Order (1) Denying Petition for Medical Treatment and (2) Granting in Part Application to Sea
01/03/14 Civil Ex-Parte Commenced and Completed
01/03/14 Brief Amicus Curiae Briefing Filed
01/03/14 Hearing Minutes registered
01/06/14 Brief - Amicus Curiae Briefing Filed
01/08/14 Miscellaneous Status Report Filed

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:47 am 

I tried to read those 20 pages but after I saw some of these "may be"s I stopped. I don't think any type of DNA communication between a 12/13 yo brain stem dead girl and her mother is going to bring the other parts of the body back. But, heck, I've been wrong before.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:21 am 

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/1frg0/ab ... VNnM9Uzoo7

? Campaign paused? zero so far...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:26 pm 
ADMIN

H/T Donjeta at WS

Donjeta wrote:
This is a hodgepodge of misunderstood terms from genetics, attachment psychology, developmental neuroscience and Eastern medicine. Either he is a troll who thinks it’s hilarious to insert himself in a court case involving a dead teenager who has real people mourning for her or he’s serious, and I don’t know which alternative is more frightening. If it's just a general nutter, they’re thirteen in a dozen, but I think people who present themselves as mental health helpers should generally have some semblance of a grasp of reality or they can actually make things worse for their clients who don’t have the capacity to spot the nonsense amid the fancy words.

Quote:
    This novel trauma physiology framework proposes anatomy and physiology as a network, not a top-down or bottom-up communication system centered on neurology. In this model, especially for a child in earlier development stages, anatomy and physiology is reflective of a parallel processing system. Failure in one part of the system is compensated by control and organization in another part of the system. There are multiple modes of system back up.
    Novel framework -check. Top-down communication system -check. Parallel processing system -check. Bingo.

He notes that blind children tend to be able to use their hearing better than children who are not blind which is true to some extent. But how does anybody’s practical life experience let them extrapolate that to brain dead people who are not breathing? Has anyone ever heard of anyone who improved in anything other than being dead after their brain died and breathing ceased?

He proposes that a meridian from the ear to the kidney explains how Jahi is able to respond to her mother’s voice. The kidney stores her life force, and he would like her to have acupuncture. Jahi still lives in a symbiosis with her mother, and they are able to communicate via maternally inherited mitochondria. Then he brings up early neurodevelopmental stages (neural fold, neural tube) that occur prior to the central nervous system taking its final shape and says that Jahi may have retreated to this stage and communicates with her mother from there. Um, what? She became an embryo again?

Quote:
    As long as Ms. McMath has a functional mechanism of communication with her caregivers, then she can achieve ‘work’ and ‘commerce’, albeit in a significantly reduced capacity, being in the state of ‘Total Brain Failure’.

This guy needs some serious help.

Yeah! What she says :cool

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:29 pm 
ADMIN

And KZ at WS.....

KZ wrote:
So that's what I've been doing wrong! Thanks, Donjeta, for posting the amicus brief from the massage therapist psuedoscientist. Boy, did I learn a lot!

I've been using my maternal mitochondria for about the last hour now, trying to get my young teen to get out of bed and clean her room, and get ready for her event today.

I then tried yelling into her ear- kidney meridien, hoping to arouse her consciousness in her kidneys. So far, nothing. (Maybe her kidneys shut down overnight??)

I also tried to communicate with her primitive nervous system, by poking her in the lower spine and sacrum, where her neural tube folded over a few years ago, when we were bonded more closely than we are now. So far, none of it is working.

But I'll keep on trying, because I'm a dedicated mom.

I wonder if Judge Grillo called him and scheduled a massage?

I wonder if this highly qualified pseudoscientist teaches at the charter school where the kids believe prayer will raise Jahi from the dead, so she can return to school? That publicly funded school that allows kids to choose spirituality over science, as a "valid choice"?

How about a magic 8 ball? Séance?

:slap

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:22 pm 
ADMIN

So.... brain and brain stem are not essential?

People can operate with control centred in other body parts such as the kidneys?

Maybe this guy is onto something... I know a site where the posters are clearly talking (posting) out of their assholes! :lol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:36 pm 

That clearly applies to a certain Certified Massage Therapist.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:15 pm 

The magic eight ball agrees. Image

:Gslap

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:37 am 

http://nypost.com/2012/12/09/diary-of-a ... are-nurse/

Most of the patients I’ve described were on ventilators, with plastic tubes pushed into their mouths and down their tracheas in order to provide respiratory support. The tubes are taped to their faces, and patients who can move at all are usually both tied down by their arms and sedated when on a ventilator, because it is so physically uncomfortable that patients will use their last ounce of strength to pull the tube out of their mouth. These patients were already comatose due to their injuries, but other critically ill patients who were previously awake and responsive become unable to speak while on a ventilator.
Once intubated, patients are unable to clear their respiratory secretions — phlegm — and so we stick smaller rubber tubes connected to suction into the breathing tube, down their trachea and towards the entrance to the lungs themselves, in order to vacuum the secretions out of their lungs. You can imagine that this too is uncomfortable.
Patients obviously can’t eat, so they will have had a feeding tube pushed up their nose or through their mouth and their esophagus, down into their stomach. This often takes a few tries, requiring us to pull up the bloody tube, re-lube it and push it back in at a different angle.
If a patient is ill long enough, these instruments will be replaced with a tracheostomy in the neck rather than a tube down the mouth and a feeding tube going directly into the stomach rather than down through the nose. These are for patients who aren’t expected to be able to eat or breathe independently in the long term.
These patients often develop diarrhea, sometimes simply because of the liquid food they receive — cans of smelly, nutritionally balanced tan-colored slush — and sometimes because they’ve acquired a very hardy and aggressive bacteria, C. difficile, that is widespread in hospitals and causes profuse, foul stool. If they have diarrhea several times a day and their skin is exposed to it, the skin begins to break down, and so we place a rectal tube in their bottom, held in place beyond the rectum with a small water filled balloon.
The diarrhea drains into a clear bag that hangs on the side of the bed. Sometimes when a patient is very sick, as in the case of the man whose family avoided him for over a month after his stroke landed him on my unit, they lose their rectal tone and the tube falls out. This is how I found myself up to my elbows in diarrhea with another nurse, struggling to clean the crevasses of his body and tape an ostomy bag around his bottom, the last hope to contain the flow of stool so that the patient wouldn’t sit in a continuous puddle of it while permission for his death was pending.

--------

This is only part of this article but it is a best-case scenario for what Jahi's body is going through.

:cry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:43 am 

Glad I haven't eaten yet today.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:50 pm 

Now this is for a "vegetative state" but as close as I can get to brain-dead.

http://www.webmd.boots.com/a-to-z-guide ... tive-state

Once a diagnosis of a permanent vegetative state has been confirmed, it is recommended that nutritional support should be withdrawn. There are a number of reasons for this:

recovery cannot reasonably be expected,
prolonging life would have no benefit to the individual, and
prolonging treatment would mean a hopeless vigil (period of watchful waiting) with a big emotional effect on the people who are closest to the individual.
The medical team will discuss the issue with those who are closest to the person being supported and will give them time to consider all the implications.

If agreement is reached about withdrawing life support, the decision has to be referred to the courts before any further action can be taken.

If the court agrees with the decision, the individual will be sedated (made unconscious) and their nutritional support will be withdrawn. They will then die peacefully in their sleep.

-----------

I am thinking feeding is not good for Jahi.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:17 pm 

omg....why, if someone is technically dead, or dying, would a relative want to put the loved one through this. I would be mortified to think poor nurses were drowning in my poop just to humor my misguided family. Thanks for this....I think I'll eat my lovely lunch late today as well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 20  Next