It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bates Motel
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:42 pm 

Good so far Molly :)

A little over an hour and it is Bate s time :smoke

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:03 pm 

What it is like to watch Bates with me :smoke

:WW :95 :smoke :95 :59 :95 :WW :95 :59 :95 :smoke :95 :95 :WW :59 :smoke :95

Damn! Damn! Damn! Romero is wearing a plaid shirt :95

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 1:03 pm 

ROTFLMAO! Carm ... lol :Gslap

I wondered what/which part you were going to focus on .. and seeing that is SO DAMN funny!

THAT episode was hard to watch! OMG .. I usually watch the rerun but didn't want to. Went to bed early (TV doesn't work in there) just so I wouldn't be tempted.

Okay, I'd like to start out backwards .. the previews for next week with Norma/Norman in bed. :smoke

I knew Dylan & Emma couldn't wait .. good, NOW I am ready for their story-line to fade away.

I'm going to play-like the Rebecca/DEA interview at the airport didn't happen. :roll I don't like where that story may go. I am seriously hoping Rebecca takes the fall for Alex, and that's the end of that.

Norman. :wall I was happy about how Norma handled him in this episode but next week is going to be tough. I think the writers had a focus group and threw out some Norman one-liners to see which ones made them the maddest - THEN USED all of THEM!

I know, I know .. when Alex was walking outside to confront Norman, is when I first noticed the plaid shirt. Didn't even notice during dinner. :eek

Thanks for the unexpected review and laugh, Carm! It's exactly how I felt watching. :63

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 5:36 pm 

Hi Molly :69

The plaid shirt is different from the preview (I had to go look :roll ) and the body appears to be that of a woman.

I know last night's episode was painful to watch I wanted to close my eyes half of the time.

Norman telling Norma that she created him by keeping him so close to her that he could't breathe was a very good look into Norman's psyche. Norman has resented Norma on a much deeper level than the writers have let us in on, and he has been aware of that resentment which is really good insight into the psycho in the making.

Norma's resentment over Norman being a nutter came out too. Looks like we are moving toward the perfect storm. I hope Alex, Dylan and Emma all escape but I have my doubts :roll .

Rebecca, no way takes the fall for Alex, maybe if they were still friends with benefits but not after Alex married the pretty, highly sexualized Norma Bates, no way no how Rebecca has any warm fuzzies left for Alex :( . Question is how much can she harm hem? Will he be locked up and that is when Norman gets his chance to take over Norma's life?

Anyhow :77

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:39 pm 

:smoke

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:42 pm 

I've got to watch it over. :stamp Have missed a lot due to a phone call.

I didn't hear Dylan & Alex's conversation and I couldn't read whose name was on the suitcase. So happy that Dylan knows about the earring.

I'll read y'alls comments after I watch a second time.

LMAO, Carm!

All I can say for sure .... the honeymoon IS over. :( And Norma is despicable.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:07 pm 

Powerful episode. I don't want to say anything more until you rewatch it.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:47 pm 

Maltese Mama wrote:

I'll wait with Mal.

Just :WW

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:51 pm 

I'll say this, which will give nothing away, I will never again listen to Mr. Sandman in my life.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:47 pm 

I am going to watch at midnight, BUT saw the most important part. Saw it is trending on twitter and couldn't help reading.

Everyone is saying Norma is dead but also seeing that next episode shows her in a hospital bed. People screaming for her to get an emmy, I think Alex deserves the emmy for the last scene. Real men cry.

Was interrupted several times watching, will watch the midnight rerun (with glasses on so I can read the notes, baggage tag) with NO interruptions.

I'm wondering if the money was burned to ashes?

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:48 pm 

Carmelita wrote:
I'll say this, which will give nothing away, I will never again listen to Mr. Sandman in my life.

LOL! :lol

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:50 pm 

Maltese Mama wrote:

Thank you, Mal!

I wasn't going to look here --- then I read all the spoilers on Twitter, which is OK.

The show is usually shown again at 10PM, but not tonight ... of all nights.

Can't believe the finale is next week.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:42 am 

Molly wrote:

The show is usually shown again at 10PM, but not tonight ... of all nights.

Can't believe the finale is next week.

Right? There was no repeat! Ugh I was going to watch it again. It should be online at A&E but I don't know when.

Off to check out the previews for next week because I was in a daze and didn't see Norma in a hospital bed.

:69 Mal and Molly! Mal & Molly I like the sound of that like the name of a good book about two women who have a magnificent adventure.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:00 am 

Molly, don't read this unless you've watched it or don't mind spoilers. Some good insights I think both you and Mal :69 will enjoy.

'Bates Motel' Postmortem: Freddie Highmore and the Showrunners Talk That Big Death and Season 5

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/39-bates-motel ... 11542.html

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:49 pm 

I watched the repeat at midnight and saw Audrey's name on the tag, but didn't realize it was Norma's robe the first time. I had forgotten that he was wearing it when he killed her.

The Yahoo conversation was very interesting, in many areas. Love hearing the writers (and Norman) explain simple things that I don't always catch. THX Carm! Norman is such a good-looking kid in that pic, but I can't stand his transformation in the show. ;) Glad to hear that Dylan isn't gone yet, Alex needs a friend.

:69

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:26 pm 

Carmelita wrote:

:69 Mal and Molly! Mal & Molly I like the sound of that like the name of a good book about two women who have a magnificent adventure.
:84

Such amazing performances by Vera, Freddie, Max and Nestor. I hope they all get nominated for Emmys. It broke my heart to see Alex cry like that. I also felt so bad for Dylan. How awful it must be to not be loved as much as your sibling. Good thing he has Emma.

I had a feeling Norma was going to die in this episode, but I was surprised at the method. That was such a long creepy scene. The feeling of dread it created... :94 Hats off to the showrunners, director and writers. The whole episode had me on the edge of my seat!

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:54 pm 

The whole episode had me on the edge of my seat!

Me too :smoke

I'm not sure Norma is dead, I read somewhere that in the preview she was shown in a hospital bed, but I can't find the preview.

Poor Alex it was such a raw scene, I'll bet "Come on Baby" was ad-libbed it had an authenticity to it.

And poor Dylan Norma is so screwed up I suspect there is some underlying psychosis in her symbiotic relationship with Norman but she was awful to Dylan and Alex.

I couldn't read the entire letter that Norma wrote to Alex, only the "I will always love you." If Norma is dead I am betting Norman says that his mom set the plan in motion and the note is a suicide note. And if Norma is alive she will likely cover for Norman.

Glad to hear that Dylan isn't gone yet, Alex needs a friend.

I'm afraid Norman's latest stunt is going to drag Dylan back in, and we still haven't seen who the woman in plaid who is being buried is.

So we have one more episode and a whole season 5, imagine if Vera plays Norman's disassociated self for an entire season :smoke

I hope they each get an Emmy.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 8:26 pm 

Molly and Mal I was just struck in the head with a thought. The original Psycho has a young woman on the run from the law after stealing money, I wonder if they are going to make Rebecca Hamilton (DA) a stand in for the original Bate's woman, Marian Crane?

Probably not :Gslap

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:32 am 

I was thinking the same thing. The show runners said they weren't going to recreate the film, but the stories would intersect, so it seems possible.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 12:16 am 

Hi ladies ... I barely remember anything about the original Psycho movie. :roll Thinking about watching it again.

I can't believe the season is over. :(

I don't know if that is factoring in my disappointment or if it's knowing Norma is dead. I did like the finale, think the acting was some of the best this season. I wish Dylan was told but there's probably a good reason. That was one of the saddest scenes for me. Alex was the hero of the show .. in his actions against Norman and his true anger throughout. I was surprised at his arrest. Damn, two weeks of marriage was not enough.

The dog surprised me. Maybe one scene would be believable but the dog is back for good?

That funeral home was creepy. Loved Alex's line "I AM the police, dumbass."

When Norma fell out of the car. :eek GASP!

When Norman super-glued her eyes open. :eek

It left us with many questions.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next