It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bates Motel
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:28 pm 

I don't like to say it Molly but I think that is NLA in the trailer.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:34 am 

Hi Carm :28

Our internet and TV (AT&T) went out tonight so I missed the show and Chris missed the Texas Rangers opener. :(

I will be away from the house most of tomorrow so will watch tomorrow evening.

Hope it was thrilling. Discuss away while it's fresh on your mind, I won't look until I've seen the episode. :)

:69

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:11 am 

Hi Molly :69

I missed part of it myself so I'm going to watch it today.

It was very intense.

Since you're to reading until after you watch. I was so happy to be wrong about NLA !

And :heart Romero :heart

But most of it is simply :(

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:17 pm 

Hi Carm,

In the "last week" clip before the show started, I noticed Norman saying "Mother what have I done?" but wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out. ;)

Yes, Monday's show reminded me of the Ep. 5 (Marion at work, etc, hated the opening sex scene, UGH Sam was such a creep) where lots lead up to a clifthanger and then Ep. 6 was excellent.

Norman's acting is just amazing with every episode though. I've decided Romero's replacement Sheriff isn't too bright. lol I wonder what other bodies were found in the river along with Jim? Emma's mother, Caleb .. can't think of any others. I was surprised that the psychiatrist has been missing for a year. There's something to that. I guess Norman went to the coffee shop and talked to himself. :40

Romero is going after Norman and he's gonna be locked up.

The burying of Norma in the snow was sad. I thought the last scene was going to go as planned and Dylann would go back home. Was I ever wrong? :eek

I agree with you, it was a so-so episode. Norma's character (in his head) has changed, a bit of humor and a little evil. Totally opposite of Norman.

Next week will be good. "The Body". Haven't looked at the preview yet.

:69

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:42 am 

Hi Molly :69 (I wonder how Mal is doing and if she is watching) Waves to Mal if you are out there!

I've decided Romero's replacement Sheriff isn't too bright. Me too she seems particularly dull and not a very good actress my first disappointment in casting.

I think they said at some point that they only found 2 bodies in the lake but maybe I am hallucinating that?

I agree poor Romero all the trouble he has gone through and Norman is in jail. I suspect Norman will end up in a bin but it should be under lock and key so I don't know if Romero will be able to get to him.

I'm sure Norman killed Doc Edwards. Yeah likely he was chatting with an empty seat which should have aroused some suspicion?

The last scene alone with Norman fighting Norma should win Freddie an award! Poor Dylan's face as Norman is by himself on the table wrestling Norma for the knife.

Next week is The Body? Maybe Bradley? Maybe Emma's mom? No idea.What if Sam Loomis' body is gone and that's what it's about? Too many thoughts.

And you thought it was a so-so episode ? I thought it was the best and saddest episode this season. I thought Norman was so good and Norma and Dylan were great. But I really liked seeing the evolution of Norman from black out Norman to aware Norman and him realizing who he is. I thought it was written very well (BTW I just found out it was written by Freddie!) . I thought the scene where Norman slapped Norma was his first step toward reality his first attempt to say that the delusion is going to have to fight to stick around, of course he is mentally ill so slapping your delusion doesn't change brain chemistry but at least we got to see Norman fighting to try and save himself.

Just my 2 cents :69

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:06 pm 

Don't know what I was thinking on the so-so comment. Just thinking of the few scenes without Norman.
I'm having a very bad mental week. :doh

I agree with you.

The last scene was amazing, reminded me of Norman hugging Norma and the camera showed him alone. Very sad him fighting her on the table ... alone.

I noticed that the episodes are written by some of the actors. And I also noticed Bradley is back this season as one of the cast.

:28 Waving to Mal if you are reading! I bet she is watching the show. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:58 pm 

And I also noticed Bradley is back this season as one of the cast.

Wait what! Norman killed her so maybe her corpse? Or maybe he starts to hallucinate her ! :smoke

You're complicating my brain Miss Molly :98 .

I wonder what is going to happen.

I'm happy you liked the episode :77

Norman hugging Norma is one of those scenes :cry .

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:39 pm 

re Bradley .. I am going to need to find it again. I know I saw it. Will go to her IMDB page & look what episodes she is in.

In the meantime, ignore me. :84

I will always have a source as I am confusing myself too. :doh

ETA
My bad, I was wrong. Bradley's last appearance was in 2015.

Last edited by Molly on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:55 pm 

I know you know what you're talking about Molly, there are just so many roads the show can take, like "The Body" ? Whose body !? It make my brain hurt with the possibilities! :98

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:10 pm 

Do you have your popcorn popped Molly :smoke

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:24 pm 

LOL, hi Carm :28

Actually had popcorn last night while watching wild animals in Africa. :84 My life!

Last week we lost internet, hopefully will see Bates in real time tonight. It's storming here now, hail. :roll

YOU enjoy the show! ttyl :77

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:31 pm 

We have a storm also. My dog is shaking and about to have a nervous breakdown.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:11 pm 

Awe, at least you were there to comfort her. :81

I won't read here until I've seen Bates.
WE had a program/schedule malfunction tonight. :wall

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:47 pm 

Hi Molly :69

Norman/Norma was great in my opinion, especially in the holding cell and for the first time I thought the sheriff was believable. Norma/Norman being a total bitch to the sheriff was delicious.

I'm interested in your view on Romero seeing Norma. IMO it really didn't work.

You were right about it being Emma's mum in the lake.

And that look that Norman give NLA was really chilling, you could tell in that moment that NLA understood everything and that Sam was dead.

I think Caleb was really good, showing himself to be more like Norma than he would probably ever admit when it comes to protecting Norman.

Not one of my episodes only because of the silly Romero seeing Norma.

Oh ! And Chick!!!! Noooooooo....... Poor guy. I wonder if the sheriff will get her hands on Chick's transcript and tape recordings and use it in court.

Romero looks beautiful even when he look like crap.

:smoke

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:33 am 

I liked it all, great acting by everyone. BUT it looks like Emma is coming to town next week and has attitude. :roll

The scenes with Chick were my favorite. I was hoping he would not get killed off. His outfit was over the top, his lines were great.

I didn't think much about Romero seeing Norma, I saw it as partly a brief ghost vision and partly how he remembered her in his head. She did look gorgeous.

I've never seen so many law enforcement in such a small down. I liked the lawyer Caleb hired. She did a great job playing a criminal defense attorney.

Don't know who will get Chick's recordings and typewritten stuff. The sheriff is the most likely but there's always a twist.

The preview looks good. Romero wants to handle Norman's death penalty with lead poison. :eek

Yes, he's always cute in every scene in every episode. :heart

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:37 am 

Romero is just so beautiful :heart .

Emma is a pill IMO.

The scenes with Chick were my favorite. Oh my gosh, Chick sitting in Norma's throne tapping away on his ancient typewriter. And Chick's clothes were like something out of a Norse goblin tale. Loved it! I don't think any of that could have been acted or written better. I really didn't want Chick to die but I don't know what else they could have done with him. I was thinking (dangerous Carmelita :roll ) I'm guessing Romero took the tapes and the transcript? Maybe?

I never thought about the amount of LE in a small town but you're right the town is over policed.

The look on Norman's face when he looks at NLA still gives me the willies.

Only two episodes to go.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:00 am 

Carmelita wrote:
I don't like to say it Molly but I think that is NLA in the trailer.
:28

I've never told you this but ...

You know down here this Image is a "trailer". After I read your post, I re-watched the previous episode, one with Norman going to Chick's trailer, to see if I could spot NLA. :Gslap

After watching the next episode (burying Norma in the snow) and re-reading through the posts, I finally realized what you meant. :doh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:27 am 

:Gslap I think we may be sisters separated at birth. That sounds like something I would do.

Years ago I belonged to a private chat group. Someone said "I'm watching Oklahoma." I being me said, "Oh no, what is happening in Oklahoma?" She said "I'm watching the musical Oklahoma." :98

:roll

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:35 pm 

Love your story, Carm. LOL

I'm going to watch Bates tonight. :eek

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:28 am 

Enjoy!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next