It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bates Motel
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:25 pm 

I know episode 5 is almost here!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:51 pm 

Hi Carm :28

I will be an hour later watching Bates. Have to wait until the rerun is available online.

Enjoy! :77

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:53 pm 

:69

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:22 pm 

A&E website is saying "it is playing now" (it's not, maybe in Denver) so I will keep checking when it is available to watch. May be tomorrow.

Can't wait to see if the shower scene resembles the original movie. :eek

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:30 pm 

I won't say anything until you see it :69

Not my favorite episode. Too many characters outside the inner circle. Still very good especially when Norman goes to the bar :94

Oh and there is a great Norman NLA moment :95

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:11 pm 

Hi Carm :28

I thought it was maybe my mood the first time I watched it, so watched it again to see what I missed.

I LOVED all the Norman scenes ... in the bar (did you lol when the guy in the restroom called him Norma?) loved his smiling face when he saw his former doctor in the rain. He didn't hold back in the drive with NLA, sort of a mature/normal acting scene.

Emma & Dylan going over and arguing about such an old story, meh. But I am sure it is leading up to more.

Sam Loomis in the bedroom scene ... ugh. Then the office scene was silly. If she doesn't like men looking at her like that, dress descent. I just don't like Rhiana. BUT the coming up scenes with her look good.

Now, tell me what you thought! :D

Sorry for the delay watching. :roll My husband and I are going to switch desks next week so I can watch live, like a normal person. :77

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:15 pm 

Hi Molly :69

The bartender's interactions with Norman were great. Norman dizzy in his own head is so sad, but what a good actor.

The scene where NLA screams at Norman to get out of her truck was so similar to when Norma threw Norman out of her car and made him walk home that it was a :smoke moment.

And Rhianna is just annoying and not a good actress.

Emma and Dylan should just ride off into the sunset.

I'm glad Norma will be back next week. I want to see Norman arguing with her about whether she is real or not :34

Where O where is Chick ??? :TF

Where is Romero? :TF

:17

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:45 pm 

:69 I read a recap of the show on a site and that is exactly what they said about NLA screaming at Norman to get out of the truck. I thought NLA looked so much like Norma in the truck in that scene .. except for the lips. Top lip protruding like a duck. :roll I can't stand the lip injection look. Sorry if you get them. My daughter does, and she has the most beautiful full lips EVER, without it. She gets them on Friday afternoons (I don't know how often) and doesn't go anywhere all weekend. Says they aren't swollen my Monday for work. :doh

Bingo! You've said that about Emma and Dylan and you are so right. ;)

YES, the scene with Norman arguing with with Norma looks very interesting. Maybe we should have a drinking game with "Mother" as the word next week. I need a good excuse for wine ... it's been a while. :84

I thought the same thing, Chick & Romero MIA was unnecessary imo. :stamp At the very beginning I thought Chick was going to bring breakfast in bed to Norman again, then remembered he's been kicked out.

I know you noticed, I got a bit ahead of myself with stating season is half over and thinking the shower scene was this episode. ;)

Have a great Wednesday!

:rose

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:37 am 

Sorry if you get them.

Nope, no injections for me :eek

I didn't notice NLA lip but I did notice an oddity to her face so I bet that is it I'll check it out.

:77 Mother!! :77

There was no way of knowing if the shower scene would have been in the last episode so it was as good of a guess as any.

I really like how they are taking us into to Norman's confusion. The scene at the bar was just painful.

Hopefully Romero and Chick will show up next week. Romero is healing and plotting, Chick is writing. Dylan is coming for a visit. Sam's fugitive girlfriend is headed to Bates hotel. NLA asked Sam what his girlfriend's name is. Norman and Norma are fighting about whether or not she is real.

What could possibly go wrong :smoke

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:34 pm 

Molly :rose :69

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:40 pm 

I love it Carm! I am watching in real time tonight.

MOTHER! :77

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:41 pm 

:91

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:23 pm 

:smoke

That's all I've got.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:26 pm 

OMG! The entire show was awesome. I am SO glad Marion got away and she threw her phone out the window.

You probably have all along, but I finally understand the part of Norman that is his mother. The scene where he was hugging her with the kitchen a disaster, and the camera pulled out showing him all alone hunched over, almost made me cry.

Last scene, when the song started playing, I got goosebumps until the end. I'll watch it again b/c I closed my eyes and just listened. I did see Norman's face at the end.

What is different is Norman is able to stop himself, like with Marion. It's when his mother talks to him that goes crazy.

And I just realized, his father's name was Sam also. :eek

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:27 pm 

Carmelita wrote:
:smoke

That's all I've got.
LMAO! Yeah, it took me a few minutes before I even moved.

I hear ya!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:31 pm 

"You're not here, now get out of my way!" :Gslap

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:43 pm 

LOL, so sad it's funny! There is another line I laughed at, when I watch again I will remember it. ;)

I am noticing so many websites are showing Rhiana's shower scene ... which means NOTHING on its own, but OMG, the outcome had me fooled.

I looked on twitter to see if she is trending, no, but Bates is trending #1 probably about it.

I still have chill bumps on my arms and legs.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:05 am 

Fooled me too.

It is all such a sad story :( but written with such comedic wit.

Here is a link to next weeks episode I can't tell if it is Norma or NLA dead in the snow?

https://twitter.com/sweetvfarmiga/statu ... 6844092416

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:59 pm 

I've watched it several times, Carm. :eek

Since NLA goes looking for hubby, I'm thinking it's her with Norman giving her a gentle kiss.

IMO, if it was Norma ... there would be a bit more of drama. Could be wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:19 pm 

I can't tell for sure who it is?

I missed your longer post about Norman's Norma psychosis, don't know how :roll .

Did you notice what changed ?

Norman has always said "O Mother what have you done?" After killing Sam he said "O mother what have I done?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next