It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bates Motel
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 4:19 am 

Hi Ladies. I agree the acting was outstanding. Hope the Emmy voters notice.

I was disappointed that it's over. I read some recap/reviews and one mentioned that Norman may be dead (went through with shooting himself) because of the last scene. I have to watch it again because that never occurred to me. I don't see how the next season would work if that is what happened.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:37 am 

Hi Mal & Molly,

Don't think Norman is dead, I listened to some post finale interviews and read some articles with the writers and and actors and nothing indicates Norman is dead simply that he is balancing his psychotic break with having to interact with real people.

The writers said that Chick did see Norma on the couch because they wanted Norman to have at least one person who accepted him for who he is.

Great writing.

Something that one of the writers said was something like this "We wanted people to feel what Norman was feeling when he saw Norma playing the piano." And she was referring to the positivity and joy he felt, the happy bewilderment on seeing his mother. That, I did not feel that at all, I only felt a creepy apprehension and a sadness that the real Norma will never again laugh or feel sunshine on her face, I felt sad and angry that her "sweetest boy in the world," the person she sacrificed everything for, took everything away from her, because despite her flaws Norma was always so full of hope, always so certain she could right the ship, so I felt nothing but sadness for Norma and creeped out by Norman's delusion and what that delusion portends for the future.

I feel sorry for Norman but I really dislike him at the same time.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 8:13 am 

I just had a thought. Given that one of the two main writers on Bates was also a writer on Lost, perhaps Norma is in a coma and all of this is a dream and she will wake up with Norman sitting at her hospital bedside.

I give this scenario a less than 2% chance because I think it would destroy the integrity of the show.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:50 pm 

I am HOPING and WISHING it is all a dream also. Bobby in the shower on Dallas was the first thing I thought of when it was over... "maybe it is all a dream". I just don't see an entire last season without Norma -- and her only appearing in Norman's head.

Too many unanswered questions and I want to know them, NOW. ;)

I never saw Lost.

:69

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:04 pm 

I never saw Lost either but I saw on Nestor's tryout for the role of Romero he wore an "I was on Lost" T-shirt and somehow it was revealed that one of the head writers was a writer for Lost.

For me the problem with Norma only being a delusion is that she can't interact in her lovely quirky way with other characters, which really was half the show for me.

Waiting is bloody hell!

:69

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 10:45 pm 

I was a fan of Lost, so I wouldn't be surprised if both of them are dead but don't know it all next season.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 11:04 pm 

Hmmm... both of them dead ? What would be everything we saw then? Purgatory? Interesting concept.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:58 pm 

Hey ladies! Norman is back tonight!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:49 pm 

Hi Carm! :28

I'm going to need to watch this opener in a rerun OR online at the page this week. I don't have a TV hooked up yet. If necessary, I will watch on Chris' TV (on the wall in front of his desk) :roll and he can read or something. Hey, I just realized that he watched all the series last year on Netflix.

I hope it was good, I'll be watching in real-time this time next week! :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:25 am 

I don't think you'll be disappointed Molly :69 I had a lot of doubt that they could keep Norma alive only through Norman's delusions and still make it interesting but they did it !

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:06 pm 

Chris watched up until last season, it wasn't on Netflix, so I will catch up and get on board in my own time. ;)

Chris: Norma eventually dies and Norman keeps her upstairs, if it follows the movie. :doh

Me: Well don't tell me how the movie ends (I really have forgotten).

Thank you, Carm! :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:33 pm 

:TF Waiting Molly :rose

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:59 pm 

:34

I know, I know.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:06 pm 

:Gslap

No need to hide I'm just given ya' a little loving push :heart . I hope you are as pleasantly surprised as I was :69

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:33 pm 

Carmelita wrote:
I had a lot of doubt that they could keep Norma alive only through Norman's delusions and still make it interesting but they did it !

I AGREE!

Wow :eek

What is that down in the basement sitting in the chair? Did Norman taxidermy her???

I never thought I'd feel sorry for Caleb, and sorta did. :roll

Did you notice that huge dinner on the table while Norman was telling her about the new girl? LOL

Great opening of the season.

"It's not like we've never done this before." :77

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:46 pm 

:91 Woo hoo! I'm so happy that you watched it!

What is that down in the basement sitting in the chair? Did Norman taxidermy her???

Yeppers :roll

Did you notice that huge dinner on the table while Norman was telling her about the new girl? LOL

Yep but that is all delusion, did you see the house as it really is? (A filthy mess) .

How about Norman getting his angry face when he saw Norma peeking out the window while the girl was there? That to me is the genius of the show.

And where the heck did they find an honey girl who looks just like Norma?

Oh and I didn't feel sorry for Caleb, I was like get your whinny "I don't have any money" ass out the damn door freak man. :Gslap

Tonight I think Norman is going to go visit Romero :98

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:56 pm 

LOL at your comments. Yes, saw his "face" when he looked up at the window.

I think Norman is going to visit Romero also, Say's "I'm still alive" and Romero says "For now". :heart

Thanks for reminding me about the delusions they add, I need to remember this! I just thought that dinner was "over the top" and didn't get it, I do now. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:15 am 

EP 2

:eek

At the end, with one minute to go after commercial, I thought "what else could happen in one minute?". OMG!

I got distracted during the bar scene so gonna watch that over. But the fact Norman is crazy and now drinking is going to add to the drama.

Haven't watched next week's preview.

Did you almost :94 when you saw who the hardware store's gal is married to? I can't remember names. :doh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:27 am 

David Davidson Aka Sam married to the "Norma look a Like". It seems like the NLA has been trained to mimic Norma's voice inflections :eek . I had to laugh when the the husband threatened Norman. :95 . And the date (can't remember her or the NLA's name :roll ) was not endearing herself to Norman either.

So Romero is going to escape during the transfer is my guess and go after Norman.

I wonder if Caleb is dead, my guess is yes and he is the one they throw down the well and Norma says "If I had a quarter I'd make a wish :Gslap .

I am just so pleased that it is well written.

So what's going to happen when Norman figures out that Chik can't hear Norma?

And I'm so happy you are watching it :91 :rose

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:29 am 

I like the NLA acronym, thx! And yes to everything you said about that happy couple. LOL The date was the worst as far as everything she (Norman's blind date) said. Complete opposite of Norman's thinking. But I don't think we've seen the last of this couple. Norman is obsessed with NLA.

So Romero is going to escape during the transfer is my guess and go after Norman. You are so clever, Carm. I didn't even think about this. YES!

If Caleb is dead, who tells Dylan about Norma? I was thinking it was Caleb. We've been wishing Caleb off the show for two ? years, but you may be right.

I don't know, but Chik is a very likeable character and the more weird he is, the better. Great actor.

:)

And I'm so happy you are watching it

I'm a little bit slow these days, Carm, but still with it! Working hard to get better.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next