It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bates Motel
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:46 pm 

Was a bit disappointed, how about you?

I was yelling at Norma "Don't lie, don't lie, don't LIE!"
Why didn't she tell Romero, of all people, the truth? :roll

Going to watch it again in a few minutes.
Maybe I missed something flipping back from news during commercials.

:)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:17 pm 

Lying is Norma's first nature since she was a child. Lying and protecting the people she cares about, I think the only reason she didn't sleep with Romero is that she actually cares for him.

And James made it out alive, :roll , what a little weasel he is, first he sleeps with his patient, an obviously unbalanced woman, then he betrays her trust just because of a nail through the foot. Little *fill in a Rumpole word * here :64

I'm glad James is gone.

In my head I know Norman's descent into madness is a foregone conclusion, as is Norma's death, :cry In my heart I want Norma and Romero to ride off into the sunset :heart

Sadly a much darker end is in store for all of them.

Caleb can not take a dirt bath soon enough for me.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:40 am 

:28 Hi Carm,

I thought I'd "get" the end after watching again. Still don't know who Romero is talking to on the phone. :40

Glad Bradley is back, but don't know if she IS in Norman's head or if that was really her. I thought that dog he was chasing is the one (stiff and stuffed) in the basement? :N10

After tonight's lie, Norma doesn't deserve Romero. But I understand what you are saying.

Agree re James, Caleb. And I foresee a drowning in the pool. :N17

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:22 am 

Hi Molly :69

I believe Romero was asking for the DA in the area where Norman killed his father.

I don't know if Bradley is a delusion or back for real, the dog is definitely a hallucination. If the writing is consistent Bradley will be a delusion though her presence could have shocked Norman back to reality :roll

Perhaps Caleb and Bob Paris will end up in the pit Bob Paris has dug and Norma will plant a pretty garden on top of them :83

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 7:24 pm 

Hey Carm, :28

I watched the Preview for tonight. No spoiler .. don't know if it was real or just in Norman's head. Also got to page 4 out of 12 of the clips. Started going back too far to be interesting. And I started watching the repeats on A&E two hours ago.

I'm ready for tonight's episode .. :D

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 7:30 pm 

I'm ready too.

I still believe Bob and Caleb end up in the pit tonight.

I'm deciding on what type of snack to get. Hmm... Decisions...decisions.....

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 11:31 am 

Carm..

Well Caleb is gone.

The Norma - Norman scenes creepier.

But had to watch twice to see the Norma, Romero "fight" again. Now that was REAL! Writers missed the opportunity for make-up sex, just sayin' :roll

I'm ready for the finale. :77

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:06 pm 

HI Molly :69

I thought it was a good episode, they are managing to keep it going without dialing Norman down which I think is quite a feat of writing.

No pit for Bob or Caleb :TF

I am interested in how they can get two more seasons out of this, how they are going to tame Norman.

I don't like the Dylan/Emma relationship, Dylan was written as a bright observant guy, now maybe I am supposed to believe that his head is so messed up because of Caleb's entrance into his life that he is making poor decisions so I'll go with that :roll part of what I like about the show is that it is smartly written and I don't like making concessions.

And Bradley ...Ack.... Surely there was plenty of stuff and cash she could have stolen from her mums house to set her well into financial stability, have I mentioned I hate poor writing?

Most interesting insight for me was Caleb's parting words, "Norma Louise you could see the world however you want, I know you dont like looking at the truth."

I think the teenage Norma is going to be sicker than the show has indicated so far.

Anyhow this is a quick stop as I have a full day.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:28 pm 

:28
I felt like the Bradley and Emma scenes were a bit of fill-in. I'm liking Bob in this series much better than his character in MadMen, I really do hope he stays. Norma's next tryst? :98

Did you happen to catch the adverts of the new series "Texas Rising" on History Channel starring Dylan? :)

I hope your full day is/was full of fun ;)

I'm looking forward to a girls' night out! :72

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:58 pm 

Full day was mostly work :69

I did catch the Texas Previews, I'm not sure I can buy Dylan as a cowboy :roll

And I think you are right that Emma has been filler lately, another issue I have with Bates is the writers definitely did not research CF thoroughly and Emma is way too healthy.

With Bradley it looks like they made an awkward reintroduction but are going to use her for Norman's breakdown.

Norma and Bob? I hadn't thought of that.

I still think it is more likely Bob and the pit :Gslap

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:27 am 

Norma and Bob? I hadn't thought of that.

After their discussion and Bob closed the door on her, looking at each other through the glass - reminded me of an infamous scene in an old movie "Body Heat" between William Hurt and Kathleen Turner.

I still think it is more likely Bob and the pit :Gslap

YOU'RE probably right, Carm!

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 6:00 pm 

I'm probably not right, I have been off on a lot of Bate's predictions. Remember I had James dead, and both Caleb and Bob in the pit already :17

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 1:01 pm 

Carmelita wrote:
I'm deciding on what type of snack to get. Hmm... Decisions...decisions.....
Hi Carm :28

Triscuits, Philly cream cheese (onion & chive) and Merlot.
The wine for resveratrol and antioxidants, of course. :77

Looking forward to tonight's finale!

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:35 pm 

Quote:
The wine for resveratrol and antioxidants, of course.

Of course :77

I just made it home :(

I will watch tonight with a heavy heart because there will be no new episodes for a very long time :(

I hope they don't try to leave us hanging as to Noma :smoke she needs to be in the final two seasons, or at least Norman has to be hallucinating that she is there.

Bradley is annoying. I hope sweet Emma and Dylan run far away, they need someone to have a happy ending :rose

My favorite character is still Romero :heart :heart :heart

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:59 am 

Hi Carm :28

I watched twice again :)

There were the surprises of a finale but not the kind of cliffhanger that I expected. So much for the Bob and Norma idea. :(

And how many more advances is Romero going to make before Norma opens up her eyes? My gosh she is as crazy as Norman now. :94

Thanks for all the conversing with me, and especially telling me I should start watching again after the season started.

Enjoyed it all! :77

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:42 pm 

I really enjoyed the finale. I can't believe Romero called Bob to warn him about the DEA! If he called on his own cell phone Romero is done :( . Best written/directed moment, when Norman got out of Bradley's car and turned into Norma :eek . And then the most heartbreaking moment is when Norma say's "He is the dearest boy in the world and he is broken" :10

Poor broken wacko Norma, fated to such a sad life.

Glad to se Bob popped, I kept saying, "Pop him, pop him." Dirty scummy bastard, good job Alexis :heart

Time for me to sit back and relax :77

Thanks for chatting about the wonderfully wacky worlds of Bates :smoke

:17

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:58 pm 

:28 Hi Carm,

Found some light reading for when you are relaxing and have the time.

I do believe you will enjoy reading the exec. producer's thoughts for next season. It's right up your department of psychoanalysis.. not personally, but you know what I mean :D

http://www.tvguide.com/news/bates-motel-season-3-postmortem-kerry-ehrin/

:69

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 2:15 pm 

woo hoo! I'm excited and off to read it. Thanks :69

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:13 pm 

Hi Molly and Carm,

Sorry I didn't have a chance to discuss the show. I have had trouble staying awake while watching tv! Have to finish watching the episodes on the weekend.

Enjoyed reading your analysis of it. The finale wasn't what I expected. I thought Norma was a goner! Won't miss Bradley, but that scene was disturbing. I liked Bob, because I liked the actor on Desperate Housewives, but I hope there will be less side stories next year and a lot more focus on Norma, Emma, Dylan and Romero (or Romeo as I like to call him :84 ) and how they deal with
what's happening with Norman.

Can't wait for the next 2 seasons, sounds like they will be awesome.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 6:27 pm 

Hi Mal :69 good to see you.

Romeo :heart love it !

I think Norma is going to make it to the last episode, the dynamic is just too interesting for the writers to cast her aside, unless of course Norman kills her but we don't know it and they show some episodes strictly from Norman's delusional world view :roll

What did Norma say? Something about being resigned to her fate?

Thanks Molly for the link :rose . Getting the co-directors thinking is great. Especially that Romero has spent his life trying to not be his dad. Same could be said of Norma and her mom.

Who is the one person anyone would like to see escape the Bates saga? For me it is Romero, he is the best IMO, I like Dylan too though, Romero has already experienced the death of expectations and is just hoping against hope with Norma. It seems like Dylan still has the hope of a normal life. Emma is fated, though maybe she will be the last one standing other than Norman, and we will be left with everyone dead and Emma waiting to die :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next