It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bates Motel
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:15 pm 

You haven't given anything away.
I got distracted tonight. Thought they started at 8:00. Was on phone with my husband until 7:25 so that blew the first episode. Then stuff happened.

I did see Romero shoot someone didn't know who it was.

I'm just going to be a few hours late, and a dollar short catching up. :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:19 pm 

Oh good :69

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:32 pm 

I'm glad you two are also fans! Vera and Freddy are such great actors. They both freaked me out last night. :34 A very young Freddy was Charlie in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory".

Poor Nestor Carbonell and those gorgeous dark lashes! I see he still has to prove he's not wearing eyeliner like he did when he was on "Lost"! :84

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:14 pm 

Hi Mal :28

I never watched Lost and now want to. LOL :Gslap
I think there are a few episodes of Bates where he has some extra manliner, no complaints.
Certainly eye-candy in my book. ALL the actors are excellent. Really enjoying the shows so far.

MOTHER! :lol

:77

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:44 pm 

Mal, happy to see you on this thread and that you are still watching :69

I think it is a great show, Freddie is just too creepy and Norma is so wonderful in her audacity that she just makes me smile. I loved the scene with Norma and the guy (sorry can't remember his name) when she makes the deal for the flash drive, she was like a mom sitting a PTA meeting deciding who was gong to bring fudge brownies and who was going to make Rice Krispy treats :Gslap

So Molly are you caught up?

:69 ^^ For the unbeliever^^ :69

:Gslap

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:06 pm 

Carmelita wrote:
So Molly are you caught up?

YES, finally! :69 Missed a critical episode - have no idea how - "Persuasion". This is why I knew nothing about the psychology professor. I'm able to watch online at A&E. Can't believe there are only four more .. seems like it just started.

Bob Paris (flash drive meeting) is a major character in MadMen. I'm watching last seven episodes, so it was difficult to get his character going but he's such a great actor. Happy to see him in this show.

One of my favorite scenes was Norma in the bar and things she said while dancing. Very witty and SO Norma Jean, a bit condescending. :D And I agree, Romero may be taking the wanna be sheriff's body, dump it, to send a message. Loved the short interview btw. Thank you. :heart

Happy weekend to ALL! :77

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:57 pm 

I've never watched MadMen so Bob Paris is new to me. I like him. Should we take bets on who off's him? I will go with Romero.

I think I saw a glimpse of the sheriff wannabe in a preview and he had a note pinned to his chest :Gslap He was an annoying tool plus he shot Romero so Oh well for him.

I'm waiting to see what they are going to do to have a fourth season because at the rate Norman is going he will be too cuckoo to make a season 4 feasible, he is going to have to get stabilized somehow or season 4 is going to be very different.

And yes Ugh! I can't believe there are only 4 episodes left :cry

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:03 am 

:28 Hi Carm!

I'm planning my entire day around the show(s) tonight!
Phone off, jammies on, PC off, TV on.
Maybe, just a maybe, some Bailey's and decaf :D

Have a fantastic day! :77

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:07 pm 

Hi Molly :69

Monday night at the Bate's Motel. Any predictions? I believe Norman is going to kill the therapist, :roll

Hopefully Romero will play a major roll since he has a package to deliver :98

And hopefully that slimy freak Caleb gets out of town for good one way or the other.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:59 pm 

Guess what ? Spoiler alert :17

Spoiler:
I stopped the preview of Bate's Motel and Romero leaves the punk who shot him with a note pinned to his chest It reads I officially withdraw my candidacy for sheriff. :Gslap Truly I love the writers of this show.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:56 pm 

:28

I am horrible at predictions (except for Cricket scores) ... but ready for the show. :D

It's hard not looking at the spoiler. Trying not to. Not gonna do it ... :Gslap

They are already talking about Season 5. :eek

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/bates_motel_three_seasons_set_up_last_two_rollercoaster_ride-2015-04

eta: I looked at it, :heart it! :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:00 pm 

All I know is, if I was sitting on Romero's bed, I wouldn't be wanting to go cook. :cool
"You're Beautiful" ... I died. Who doesn't want to hear that?

Creepy Duncle at the family dinner table with wine, knives and Norman. What could go wrong? :eek

Oh NO he didn't? Norman is freaking me out, Carm. I'm as open-minded as they come, but this story line is getting weird too soon.

But I'm going to watch it again, later. :69

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:18 pm 

I think this one was the most off the rails but I think the preview gave us a window into Norman's complete break with reality, Norma say's "You don't know what it's like to be your mother". Well yes Norma he does :cry

I wish they would just knock that creeper Caleb off, go away pervert, Norma and him at the piano was gross. I think they are attempting to show just how warped Norma is from her childhood, a pervert brother, a psychotic mom and an alcoholic dad :34 and also why Norma is so obsessed with Norman, her one chance at having a normal family.

But James survived to see an another episode. He is the first character who has annoyed me, every other main character has been rather bright, James is decidedly dull and annoying. In fact even the backwood gun runner is bright and witty but the guy with the doctorate is as an obtuse boring mope.

It's gun running. So on the running of guns spectrum it's relatively low risk :Gslap

And season 5? I haven't read a thing about it so I'll check it out tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:08 pm 

:28

The outwoods gun runner is a fantastic character. That git-up he has going on is a hoot! Love every single one of his lines.

I liked Romero's comment to Price's bodyguard on the skeet shooting range. :Gslap

Don't like Jim either. He's the long version of Taylor in the bar with Norma.
Norma while dancing: I ran out on my wedding today.
Taylor: So Norma Louise, you've never been married?
Norma: Maybe ... once. But we didn't get along. He was a mental case, so I had to kill him.
:lol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:40 pm 

Molly wrote:

I liked Romero's comment to Price's bodyguard on the skeet shooting range.

The last person Romero said that too is now dead :roll, but if I recall right Dylan killed him.

James just has to go, I loved Norman's little soliloquy.

And so it goes.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg ... 3_1600.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:36 pm 

:28 Hey Carm, thanks for the ongoing posts.

My husband just told me something I didn't know. I always go to IMDB to research.
If you Google "Bates Motel Wiki" at Wikipedia you can find more info than you want to know. (You probably know this.) :N14

I looked up "Chick" backwood gun runner and he's in only 4 episodes this season :( Hmmm, does he run the guns?

James (Joshua Leonard) a Texan :) is in 6 so we have three more of him. You may be right, Norman might kill him off.

I previously said Price's bodyguard, the character is Bob Paris, that's who I meant.

I saw that photo yesterday when I was looking at all the images on Google.

Accurate & Disturbing. :eek

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:28 am 

Hmmm.. I don't know how many episodes have been on already but I'll check in a bit. But I think James has been in more than 3 (I could be wrong though) next week doesn't look too good for him . I haven't been to Bates Motel Wiki (at least not that I know of :98 but I could have been there in passing). And I don't know what IMBD is :cry

I don't like to know a lot about the actors because they are generally idiots but so far I have liked any bit of interview I have watched so I am hesitant to watch much more.

And the picture of the morphing :95 Creepy stuff.

Thanks for the season 5 link. Poor Norma, heartbreaking childhood, seems to be slightly chemically imbalanced, then the one person she sets her every hope in the world of a normal loving family on is her "psycho" son.

When Norman told James he hears "buzzing" that is a tell tale sign of schizophrenia, I won't bitch and moan about all the mistakes James made but be gone James with your whinny little therapist ways and your mealy little voice.

Off to get some tea.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:12 am 

Thanks for the IMBD tip.

Spoiler on James (available on IMBD so you may already know about it)

Spoiler:
Next Monday is his last episode :28 Bye bye James

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:47 am 

:28 Hi Carm.

Thinking about you. :77

I'm ready for the next show.
May look at the preview tomorrow. :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:28 pm 

Hi Molly :69

I think tonights episode is going to be very good :smoke

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next