It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fargo
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:28 pm 

Anyone watching the second season of Fargo? So far I think it's just as good as the first season, although I miss all of the characters from season one.

Post subject: Re: TV Bits and pieces
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:05 pm 
ADMIN

I started watching it online.. I didnt even realize it was a "prequel" so need to watch again with that in mind :doh

Neither did I realize it was a "current" show and so not all episodes available yet. I'll wait now and watch the entire series in one hit.

Post subject: Fargo
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:11 pm 
ADMIN

Fargo

From wikepedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fargo_%28TV_series%29

Quote:
Fargo is an American anthology black comedy–crime drama television series created and primarily written by Noah Hawley. The show is inspired by the 1996 film of the same name written and directed by the Coen brothers, who serve as executive producers on the series. It premiered on April 15, 2014, on FX. Each season follows an anthology format, being set in a different era along with a different story, cast and set of characters.

The first season, starring Billy Bob Thornton, Allison Tolman, Colin Hanks, and Martin Freeman was met with considerable acclaim. It won the Emmy Awards for Outstanding Miniseries, Outstanding Directing and Outstanding Casting, and received fifteen additional nominations including Outstanding Writing, another Outstanding Directing nomination, and acting nominations for Thornton, Tolman, Hanks, and Freeman. It also won the Golden Globe Award for Best Miniseries or Television Film for its first season as well as Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Miniseries or Television Film for Thornton.

On July 21, 2014, FX renewed Fargo for a ten-episode second season, which premiered on October 12, 2015[3] and stars Kirsten Dunst, Patrick Wilson, Jesse Plemons, Jean Smart, and Ted Danson.

Quote:
Premise

Season 1 (2014)
In 2006, Lorne Malvo (Billy Bob Thornton) passes through Bemidji, Minnesota and influences the community with his malice, violence and deception, including put-upon insurance salesman Lester Nygaard (Martin Freeman). Meanwhile, Deputy Molly Solverson (Allison Tolman) and Duluth police officer Gus Grimly (Colin Hanks) team up to solve a series of murders they believe may be linked to Malvo and Nygaard.

Season 2 (2015)
In 1979, beautician Peggy Blumquist (Kirsten Dunst) and her husband, butcher Ed (Jesse Plemons) of Luverne, Minnesota, cover up the hit-and-run and killing of Rye Gerhardt, son of Floyd Gerhardt (Jean Smart), matriarch of the Gerhardt crime family in Fargo, North Dakota. Meanwhile, State Trooper Lou Solverson (Patrick Wilson), a Vietnam War vet, and Sheriff Hank Larsson (Ted Danson) investigate a triple homicide at a local diner connected to the dead Gerhardt son, as well as protecting Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan during his campaign stop in Luverne.

Post subject: Re: Fargo
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:17 pm 
ADMIN

Watchseries - Episodes

http://www.watchseries.li/episode/fargo_s2_e1.html

Scroll forward thru "next episode" to watch series 2 ( "previous episodes" to watch series 1)

Post subject: Re: Fargo
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:11 am 
ADMIN

I started watching again.. I re-watched the first 3 episodes, and then got as far as episode 6... the rest not available yet. :95

It all makes a LOT more sense now.... I recommend being aware of basic plot before starting to watch :cool