It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sherlock
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:01 pm 
ADMIN

Sherlock (TV series)

I have only just "Discovered" the "Sherlock" TV series. The recent-ish adaptation commenced with series 1 in 2010.

I had heard mention, but frankly I am a a little fed up with Sherlock Holmes... done and re-done so many times.

However, I realise now that I "missed a treat" .

TV here screened an Easter Marathon of Whodunnit shows, including all of Series one of "Sherlock" and now nightly episodes from Series 2. I assume Series 3 may follow? And there is a Series 4 already mentioned.

I DO recommend watching "Sherlock" starting with Series 1.

I love Martin Freeman's "style" as evident in the UK "Office" series prior to this. I am pleased there is no attempt to link to the old Victorian Characters in the original books, or go thru the daft "Next Generation" type transformation. This is very much modern crime set in Modern London, involving modern characters. It merely uses the character names, and perhaps the general "eccentricity" of Conan Doyle's Holmes. There is also apparently some basis for some plots in the original books, but only based loosely on.

From Wikipedia
Quote:
Sherlock is a British television crime drama that presents a contemporary adaptation of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes detective stories. Created by Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss, it stars Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock Holmes and Martin Freeman as Doctor John Watson. Nine episodes have been produced, the first three of which aired in 2010. Series two aired in 2012, and a third series aired in 2014. The third series has become the UK's most watched drama series since 2001. Sherlock has been sold to over 200 territories.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherlock_%28TV_series%29

Post subject: Re: Sherlock
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:10 pm 
ADMIN

Episodes

Series 1 (2010)
"A Study in Pink"
"The Blind Banker"
"The Great Game"

Series 2 (2012)
"A Scandal in Belgravia"
"The Hounds of Baskerville",
"The Reichenbach Fall".

Christmas mini-episode (2013)
"Many Happy Returns"

Series 3 (2014)
"The Empty Hearse"
"The Sign of Three"
"His Last Vow"

Series 4
The show's executive producer, Steven Moffat, has confirmed that a fourth series has been commissioned, with scripts being planned.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:42 pm 
ADMIN

The TV re-runs went as far as the end of series 2.

Where (apparently) Sherlock DIES by jumping off a roof to commit suicide (to save his "friends" who will be killed unless Sherlock dies)

Fans were convinced (correctly) that Sherlock could not be dead, and so there was a lot of online blogging about HOW Sherlock could have faked his death. There was also an online "Mini Episode" Confirming that Sherlock would return in Series 3. Which of course fuelled the fan speculation. In fact this "crazy fan" phenomena is ALSO covered in the script of series 3 ;)

The show is produced by BBC Wales (naturally... a hive of talent) :cool

From wikepedia
Quote:
Conception and development
Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss, both Sherlock Holmes fans with experience of adapting or using Victorian literature for television, devised the concept of the series. Moffat had previously adapted the Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde for the 2007 series Jekyll, while Gatiss had written the Dickensian Doctor Who episode "The Unquiet Dead". Moffat and Gatiss, both Doctor Who writers, discussed plans for a Holmes adaptation during their numerous train journeys to Cardiff where Doctor Who production is based. While they were in Monte Carlo for an awards ceremony, producer Sue Vertue, who is married to Moffat, encouraged Moffat and Gatiss to develop the project themselves before another creative team had the same idea. Moffat and Gatiss invited Stephen Thompson to write for the series in September 2008.

Each episode has a stand alone plot (of sorts), but you DO need to watch all the episodes starting with Series1, episode 1 to appreciate the ongoing sub-plot(s) :)
I am sure all episodes will be available to watch online.....

I have found the "Christmas Special" Mini Episode on YT.

It leaves a lot of unanswered questions, and so I am inspired to find the three series 3 episodes online to watch. I can not wait for it to perhaps be aired again on TV... I have already missed the original airing.

Christmas mini-episode (2013)
"Many Happy Returns"

Series 3 (2014)

"The Empty Hearse"
http://www.firedrive.com/file/A7C1ADD64232BB50

"The Sign of Three"
http://www.firedrive.com/file/ECFB1E26BFFF1722

"His Last Vow"
http://www.tubeplus.me/player/2130742/S ... _Last_Vow/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:13 pm 
ADMIN

BBC 'Sherlock' Seasons 4 & 5 Planned But Not Filming: Premiere Date Could Be After 2016, Lead Cast Freeman And Cumberbatch Rumored Working Other Projects
By Kevin Li (staff@latinpost.com)
First Posted: Apr 19, 2014 05:06 PM EDT

Ever since the popularity of BBC's TV series Sherlock encouraged the network to make another season, there have been rumors and speculation about the release date which is currently unsure. It was rumored to be ready in 2015 since reports came out that both seasons 4 and 5 had been approved and the creators had developed the ideas for them, but it seems that fans may have to wait until 2016 or even longer before seeing the next season since the crew, cast and actors are having problems meeting between all the difficult scheduling conflicts.

After the commercial success and popularity of the Sherlock series became widespread, the lead actors Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch have become very much in-demand. So much so, that with both actors busy with other film assignments Sherlock has been put on the back burner, resulting in a complete delay of the filming of Season 4. The shooting schedules of Season 4 will have to be aligned with the busy schedules of both Freeman and Cumberbatch before any progress is made.

Apart from these two, director Moffat is also busy with the eighth season of Doctor Who, featuring Peter Capaldi in the lead role. Despite their busy schedules, Moffat took time to talk with Cumberbatch,

...more at link
http://www.latinpost.com/articles/10784 ... ojects.htm