It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Accused (TV series)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:25 pm 
ADMIN

I happened to see a late night "Play" on TV last night. It attracted my attention because it starred Sean Bean... who I have admired in his UK TV roles (and some Hollywood roles). Best known for his role in the "Sharpe" series.. where he plays a square jawed hero... an earthy North England sorta guy. (Played the Game Keeper in a BBC version of "Lady Chatterley's Lover") So I was a bit surprised to see him listed to play an ageing transvestite in the "Accused" play. :eek

Even more surprised to see that it worked...

I have now discovered that this is one in a series of plays... in fact the first of the SECOND series, first aired August 2012.

I will be looking out for more :)

From Wikepedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accused_%28TV_series%29
Quote:
Accused is a British television anthology series created by Jimmy McGovern. The drama series first aired on 15 November 2010 on BBC One and has run for two series. Each episode follows a different character as they await their verdict in court, and tells the story behind how they find themselves accused. The series has featured actors and actresses such as Christopher Eccleston, Benjamin Smith, Juliet Stevenson, Andy Serkis, Marc Warren, Naomie Harris, Sean Bean and Anne-Marie Duff as the accused in each episode.

The series follows previous drama series by McGovern, including anthology series The Street and Moving On. After the cancellation of The Street in 2009 by Granada Television, McGovern formed RSJ Films to produce independent drama programmes and consequently devised the Accused anthology series. Accused is written by McGovern, Danny Brocklehurst and Alice Nutter and is filmed in Manchester. In 2011 it won an International Emmy for best drama series.

The Sean Bean one I saw is.....

Accused - Tracie's Story (Transvestite story)

I imagine that there are more (all) of them on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-53G0q5oGc

Post subject: Re: Accused (TV series)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:29 pm 
ADMIN

This YT poster seems to have all the episodes, both series 1 & 2 (apart from the one I posted above)

Accused - Mo's Story (TV Mini Series 2010) S2E2