It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 611 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:29 am 
ADMIN

I do HOPE that Tommy gets in front of a camera today... though I would understand if he needs some time with family and to get his own head straight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:59 am 
ADMIN

More Ezra...

Spoiler:
Some more notes from the #FreeTommy appeal in London today. First of all, Tommy was not on a video link from prison. Therefore he did not learn of his victory until someone ran by his cell in prison and said he was going home! He didn't know whether to believe it at first!

Tommy has not yet left the prison; he is being "processed". And, given the fatwas against him, and the notorious Muslim prison gangs who have repeatedly threatened to kill him, the prison will be on lock-down as he leaves.

I have recorded a number of videos that will be published at http://www.TommyTrial.com . They're mainly pretty quick -- the court proceedings were very quick. I interviewed a couple of friendly folks outside; and I got into a spirited shouting match with Antifa!

I normally don't engage with Antifa -- too many hygiene risks -- but when this Jeremy Corbyn type called me a Nazi (I'm a Jew) I just couldn't resist shouting back! Mainly, I think, because I was exuberant in Tommy's victory! Antifa came to celebrate; but it's Tommy who won.

Some more detail. The court's oral verdict was very, very brief. But they also released some short notes. Here they are. #FreeTommy
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Here is the powerful language in the court of appeal's summary of today's ruling in Tommy's favour. This is how that summary describes the injustices Tommy suffered in Leeds court on May 25:

"The court agrees that the judge should not have commenced the hearing of contempt proceedings that day." A clear rebuke to the hasty, drum-head proceedings, so obvious to all, except the the anti-Tommy bigots in the mainstream media. I'm glad the court stood up for due process!

"No particulars of the contempt were formulated or put to the appellant. There was a muddle over the nature of the contempt being considered." It wasn't even spelled out what Tommy had done wrong! How can one plead guilty (or be convicted) when the offences aren't even described!

And look at this: "In both the short explanation given by the judge of the general nature of the alleged contempt and the sentencing remarks, there was reference to matters that could not [have] been a breach". As in, the judge just made it up! This is scorching!

Remember, there is a detailed criminal procedure in the UK. It simply has to be followed. And it wasn't followed in Tommy's case. Listen to this: "The failure to follow Part 48 Crim PR was more than technical." It was a fatal flaw!

I've made this point a hundred times: if the judge didn't say what Tommy did wrong, how could a guilty plea have any meaning? "There was no clarity about what the appellant was admitting or on what basis he was being sentenced." Incredible. What a rebuke from the court of appeal!

There's a concept called "mitigation" -- it's basically, any facts that could be adduced to Tommy's benefit. And Tommy had no time to make them. Here's what the court said about that...

"Further difficulties arose from the limited opportunity that counsel had to investigate mitigation. There was little else which counsel could have done within the constraints under which he was working." As in: it was the judge's fault, not Tommy's public defender lawyer!

The court of appeal was tough on that point. "The level of detail which could be provided to the court was very limited and there was no opportunity to obtain character references." That's what happens in 15-minute trials. What a disgrace that Leeds Court is in today!

And then the judges took aim at the shocking 13-month sentence. "A sense of proportion must be retained. Where a custodial term of considerable length is being imposed, it should not usually occur so quickly after the conduct which is complained of." Shame on the trial judge!

And look at this. This is how an Oxford-trained judge says "it was a stitch-up": "A sentence of committal to immediate custody had been pronounced within five hours of the conduct taking place." I think the court of appeal was outright embarrassed by Tommy's treatment. #FreeTommy

Oh and there's more! Any one of these flaws would have been enough to throw out this injustice. But the court of appeal granted them all! Here's more...

"The order at Leeds Crown Court was also erroneously drawn up to suggest the appellant had been convicted of a criminal offence rather than having been committed for contempt of court." This is no minor mistake. It's shocking in its consequence....

"Errors like this have serious consequences upon the classification of prisoners, resulting in the deprivation of privileges and release on licence." As in: Tommy's brutal incarceration, in solitary confinement, in constant threat of violence -- it was all falsely done.

One more point: "In this case, it also resulted in the erroneous imposition of a victim surcharge." Is there a single thing that judge Geoffrey Marson got right? That would be a much shorter list than his appalling errors.

I cannot think of a single thing that Tommy's lawyers argued that was rejected. other than the long-shot appeal of the 2017 contempt conviction in Canterbury. Everything the Leeds judge did was rebuked today. It truly was a stitch-up. I'm thrilled the court of appeal said so.

Tommy's first book is called Enemy of the State. Some critics - and even some neutral observers - would say, "Tommy, you're exaggerating. Stop with the conspiracy theories. They're not out to get you." Today, no-one less than the Lord Chief Justice said, in fact, they were.

So we now know, irrefutably, from the Lord Chief Justice himself, that Tommy Robinson was improperly tried, improperly convicted, improperly sentenced and improperly treated in prison. Every single element of his treatment was illegal. Everything. He was a political prisoner.

I am so pleased with this result. I know that the family, in recent days, was nervous -- they thought perhaps another stitch-up was looming. The opposite. Not only is Tommy free, but it is the courts that now must answer for their misconduct. (But will they?)

I counted a dozen Media Party journalists in court today. Most loathe Tommy Robinson. Will any of them be able to overcome their personal grudges against him to ask questions about his mistreatment? Not because they love Tommy; but because they love the rule of law. I'm doubtful.

Martin Luther King Jr. once said, "the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Tommy has had a long road; and even this battle is not yet done. But he has shown that the establishment was wrong, and he was right. He beat them, on their own turf.

A special thank-you to everyone who crowdfunded Tommy Robinson's legal defence, and to those of you who contributed to the separate crowdfund to cover my costs of coming to London (twice) to cover his legal appeal.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:20 pm 
ADMIN

Tommy Robinson supporters CELEBRATE court victory | Ezra Levant
Rebel Media
Published on Aug 1, 2018

IN DEPTH: Ezra Levant on judges' Tommy Robinson ruling

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:29 pm 
ADMIN

Tommy Robinson gives the hateful Media Party all the respect they deserve: none at all. #FreeTommy

Tommy Robinson vs the press moments after his release
The Sun
Published on Aug 1, 2018

Robinson has been in prison for two months on a contempt of court charge and emerges looking gaunt and disorientated. Likely to raise questions about how he was treated in prison.

Lost a lot of weight....

Quote:
If there was a fatwa on your head, and your prison food was cooked by prisoners in a Muslim gang, would you eat anything unsealed? Tommy’s family or friends would have arranged for outside food. But starvation, along with solitary confinement, was Theresa May’s order. A scandal.

Next stop.... Luton

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:44 pm 
ADMIN

Ezra Twitter thread...

https://twitter.com/ezralevant/status/1 ... 6069864448

Quote:
1. I just did an interview about Tommy Robinson with the BBC's @eddiemair. It was embarrassing -- I'm certain they won't air it without heavy editing. It's a case study in why people don't trust the Media Party. ...2

Quote:
12. To my surprise, BBC4 kept most of my comments, except they stealthily edited out my accusation that Tommy Robinson was a better journalist than them, because he didn't cover up Muslim rape gangs like they did! You can listen at the 43 minute mark here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bcddww

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:00 pm 
ADMIN

REVEALED: Tommy Robinson's shocking prison treatment | Ezra Levant
Rebel Media
Published on Aug 1, 2018

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:18 pm 
ADMIN

Tommy Robinson Leeds conviction quashed - Free today
Brian London
Published on Aug 1, 2018

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:41 pm 
ADMIN

Tommy Robinson released from prison on bail
Channel 4 News
Published on Aug 1, 2018

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:43 pm 
ADMIN

Court of Appeal frees far right activist leader Tommy Robinson - Daily Mail

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:52 pm 
ADMIN

TOMMY ROBINSON IS A FREE MAN.
UK MEDIA
Published on Aug 1, 2018

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:12 pm 
ADMIN

Oh, Tommy Robinson #FreeTommy Official Music Video
john middleton
Published on Jun 13, 2018

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:49 pm 
ADMIN

Yaxley Lennon Full Judgment 1

pdf 24 pages
https://www.scribd.com/document/3852292 ... 1#download

Yaxley Lennon Judgment Summary

pdf 3 pages
https://www.scribd.com/document/3852287 ... y#download

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:02 pm 
ADMIN

https://twitter.com/ezralevant/status/1 ... 3258170370

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:20 pm 
ADMIN

Tommy Robinson is HOME!
Tommy Robinson
Published on Aug 1, 2018

(Tommy finally able to post in person to his fb)
https://www.facebook.com/thetommyrobins ... 200101964/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:20 pm 
ADMIN

RAW: Tommy Robinson greets Ezra Levant after his release from prison
Rebel Media
Published on Aug 1, 2018

https://twitter.com/ezralevant/status/1 ... 6410269696

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:39 am 
ADMIN

Tommy Robinson conviction overturned. Retrial ordered as court rules "flawed" process
The Duran
Published on Aug 1, 2018

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:15 pm 
ADMIN

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Tommy Robinson tells Ezra Levant about prison treatment
Rebel Media
Published on Aug 2, 2018

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:32 pm 
ADMIN

https://twitter.com/ezralevant/status/1 ... 6706922497

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:44 pm 
ADMIN

The Enemy of the British State
Sargon of Akkad
Published on Aug 2, 2018

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:50 pm 
ADMIN

Tommy on his way to do Tucker Interview....

fb video
https://www.facebook.com/thetommyrobins ... 159956868/

I AGREE with Tommy's "disappointment" in the reaction of some people who should have known better.. Nigel Farage being one of several. I said so at the time. People were quick to ignore or even condemn Tommy, based on MSM reports... which we all know are fake. At least some of the real facts were available online..... the "offending video" itself remained online for all to see... it's still online, viewed about 5 million times.. thanks to the publicity the daft Judge Marsbar gave it.

Tommy Robinson Gives POWERFUL Interview with Tucker Carlson

Tommy just revealed that after the 5 months Solitary he did in 2012 he was diagnosed with PTSD. I know some people throw that term around.. but at the time it was stated that there are limits to how much solitary can be endured... in fact there are strict limits (weeks?) and the authorities "got around" that rule by moving him from prison to prison so that his record did not show the entire spell at one place.

The authorities KNOWING his medical record makes this recent punishment even MORE egregious!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 611 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 31  Next