It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:02 pm 
ADMIN

From CTH.....

North Charleston South Carolina Erupts In Anger Over Walter Scott Shooting – Mark O’Mara Weighs In On Walter Scott Shooting –
Posted on April 8, 2015 by sundance

North Charleston Mayor Keith Summey and Police Chief Eddie Driggers gave a press conference today in the shooting of Walter Scott. The local audience was very angry, and protesters interrupted the questioning frequently.

• The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) has now taken over the investigation. • Police Chief Driggers stated that no other police officer other than the shooting officer Michael Slager witnessed the immediate event. • Officer Slager has been fired and arrested on a murder charge. • Officer Slager’s wife is 8 months pregnant.

• Mayor Keith Summey stated that immediately body cameras would be ordered and initiated for use on all police officers. • Both Summey and Driggers, together with a Chaplain met with the family of the victim Walter Scott this morning. • Mayor Summey states there is more video than has been made public. • Coroner reports Walter Scott received multiple gunshot wounds to his back – cause of death ‘homocide’.
[....]
Toward that end the provocateurs within the media are aided with the familiar voice of Mark O’Mara who has tuned his racism detection psychology meter to new levels of clairvoyance. CNN legal analyst Mark O’Mara told CNN Wednesday morning that Officer Michael Slager shot Walter Scott because of implicit racism.

“We don’t have the racist statutes we had 50 years ago.
    Now the racism that exists, the biases that exist are more subtle
    and are happening in that limited part of the brain. For some reason,
    at least in part because of the color of this man’s skin, that officer
    felt it was okay [to shoot], it was more threatening, it was more
    aggressive, even though he was running away.”

Mark O’Mara has become a clairvoyant legal media analyst with the ability to read the mind of the subjects he discusses on television. Remarkable.

...more at link

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... -shooting/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:00 am 
ADMIN

From CTH...

Shooting Witness, Feidin Santana, Speaks Out – FULL INTERVIEW (Video)
Posted on April 9, 2015 by sundance

Many interesting aspects to what this eye witness saw before the video began and after the video was completed. Witness interview begins at 01:18

UPDATE: Video and User removed? Oh boy, this is sounding familiar.
You can watch it at NBC SITE HERE – Title: “Exclusive: Extended interview with witness to SC shooting” (2nd video down)

Walter Scott “running from the auto-parts store”? “Wrestling on the ground”? Mr. Scott “being tazed during struggle”? Etc.

Of course none of that negates what is seen in the video; nor does it essentially change the absence of justification; but it does, well, broaden the picture somewhat….

Your thoughts?

...more at link
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... iew-video/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:55 pm 

Above video removed, latest interview below

'HERO' Bystander Who Recorded Shooting Of Walter Scott Speaks Out - Feidin Santana INTERVIEW

Raw: S.C. Dash Cam Video Shows Chase

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:35 pm 

I am looking forward to hearing the officer's take on this shooting.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:10 am 
ADMIN

Yes, JJ me too.

I admit bias.... I don’t have much trouble with cop shooting a fleeing felon.. especially after being attacked.. had taser taken and been hit by it.
A dangerous fleeing felon in my mind.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:13 am 

As usual, I will refrain from joining a lynch mob and convicting a person without due process through a court of law. I also will withhold my own opinion until all the evidence is in. I refuse to base my opinions on only what is offered by our media. In our country, all people are held innocent until convicted in court (at least it used to be this way).

From what I've seen so far, this case may prove very interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:18 am 
ADMIN

I agree Seeing-eye.

I hope facts are not too twisted in deciding whether to charge the cop.. but if he is charged it will be an interesting case to follow.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:22 am 

Officer Slager has already been charged with murder.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:25 am 

Here is what I said over at CTH to the statement that the officer was justified. I left "in theory" off with a sloppy copy and paste over there.

In theory I am almost in agreement with you, I believe we are at the point of the expectation of lawlessness being allowed in the US and if a person knows that the officer has the lawful option of popping them if they run, then a lot less thugs will run and a lot less lives would be in danger.

But?

Why did we fight a revolution? Why do we not allow even LE to be judge jury and executioner? We are a nation of laws not men, even if the Left is trying very hard to make that not so.

Now the whole narrative here may be skewed to damn officer Slager.

The cast of characters assembling certainly gives credence to this being another play for condemning an officer and elevating a thug.

Maybe because Scott became a felon when he “tussled” with Officer Slager then Slager was justified in shooting him in the back because Scott in Slagers mind “posed a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others”. But it has to be the law unencumbered by my biased that decides Slager was justified, I feel for all officers who are in the horrific position of being sitting ducks because of the crap that is imposed on them because of the Mike Brown case and the general climate of cops being guilty until proven innocent.

Does Slager have any defensive wounds, are Scotts fingerprints on the taser, what does Slager say in his report, does he claim that he shot an advancing Scott in the chest?

Santana in his first interview claimed he was holding his phone so it did not appear that he was recording the event, with everything happening there is no way to say that Slager knew he was being recorded.

For me right now too much is unknown so I will wait for more facts to emerge or be drawn kicking and screaming into the daylight. So I’ll move from the unjustified to the wait and see what comes forth position.

If the MSM and the BGI has found the perfect sacrificial lamb then I hope Sundance and the Treepers do what they do best, scour the evidence and find justice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:53 am 
ADMIN

Carmelita wrote:
Officer Slager has already been charged with murder.

Thanks Carm... I see that now... just catching up on this case :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:55 am 

N. Charleston officer who shot man had prior excessive force complaint
SouthStrandNews.com | April 9, 2015
Mitch Weiss and Michael Biesecker

NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — The white South Carolina police officer charged with murder for shooting an unarmed black man in the back was allowed to stay on the force despite a 2013 complaint that he used excessive force against another unarmed black man.

In an exclusive interview with The Associated Press, Mario Givens recounted Wednesday how he was awakened before dawn one morning by loud banging on the front door of his family’s North Charleston home.

On the porch was Patrolman Michael Thomas Slager, the officer now charged in the shooting death of Walter Lamer Scott, which was captured in dramatic cellphone footage by a bystander Saturday.

Givens, who was clad only in a T-shirt and boxer shorts, cracked open his door and asked what the officer wanted.

“He said he wanted to come in but didn’t say why,” said Givens, now 33. “He never said who he was looking for.”

Then, without warning, Slager pushed in the door, he said.

“Come outside or I’ll tase you,” he quoted the officer as saying, adding: “I didn’t want that to happen to me, so I raised my arms over my head, and when I did, he tased me in my stomach anyway.”

Givens said the pain from the stun gun was so intense that he dropped to the floor and began calling for his mother, who also was in the home. At that point, he said another police officer came into the house and they dragged him outside and threw him to the ground. He was handcuffed and put in a squad car.

Though initially accused of resisting the officers, Givens was later released without charge.

...more at link
http://www.southstrandnews.com/article/20150409/GTT06/150409833/0/SSN

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:16 am 
ADMIN

From CTH....

Michael Slager Arrest Warrant – And Statement from South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) – Walter Scott Shooting
Posted on April 10, 2015 by sundance

By now you have heard a frequently espoused national media claim that the “initial incident report” filed by Officer Michael Slager -in the shooting death of Walter Scott- contains falsehoods or lies. Allow me to say directly THAT CLAIM IS 100% MEDIA BULLS**T.

No-one has seen the initial incident report filed by Officer Slager because it has not been released. EVERY SINGLE media outlet making this claim of a discrepancy between his report, and the video released, is absolutely 100% wrong. Most of them intentionally wrong.

Regardless of the sentiment a person may hold about the released video of the shooting, there is no reason to manufacture false information just to advance a false narrative. The Truth Has No Agenda. Therefore here is the actual Arrest Warrant and Statement from SLED in reference to Officer Michael Slager.

Arrest Warrant:
https://www.scribd.com/doc/261425665/So ... lager-SLED

Statement from SLED in reference to Officer Michael Slager.
https://www.scribd.com/doc/261425980/St ... ion-SLED-2

...more at link

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... -shooting/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:06 am 
ADMIN

More from CTH...

The Walter Scott Shooting Backstory Begins To Surface – A Newer, Bolder, Julison Strategy….
Posted on April 10, 2015 by sundance

When the Walter Scott Scheme Team looks back on what tripped them up in 2015 they’ll be able to point to one decision, hiring Ryan Julison.

Without Julison appearing – the Walter Scott story would have slipped under the radar; it would perhaps have appeared natural, without screenplay.

But as soon as Julison is identified, and for those who know immediately what too look for, you see the guiding hand of the Producer/Director.

If I write “Skittles and Ice-Tea” and you know what that means, you know Ryan Julison.
If I write “White-Hispanic” and you know what that means, you know Ryan Julison.

You might not know who he is, but you have mentally purchased his products.

....more at link
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... -strategy/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:15 am 

No matter how this washes out its a nasty can of worms.

Appeasing BGI with top charge & DOJ immediately stepping in slant investigation at the get go. Expectations that Slager will be tried on top charge with additions for planting weapon are already rampant setting up protests for any lesser charges or plea agreements common to justice process.

The planted weapon narrative is pushing idea that NO other plausible options exist. We don't know & haven't seen his account of events. IG why he picked up item or dropped it vs leaving at site of alercation if stun gun..or securing on service belt if weapon accountability was the concern.

having trouble with the Slager didn't know he was being filmed narrative...first time I saw vid it was clear he noticed Santana & dismissed as non-threatening before reaching for shoulder mic to call in. Perimeter & peripheral threat assessment is huge part of defensive weapons training.

Media interviews a repeat of ferguson everchanging plausibilites mutating as facts leak out. BGI lawyers keep witnesses unavailable to make sworn statements are becoming the norm that holds up investigation because facts aren't as important as a payday.

Gofundme/indiegogo are another can of worms...As a staunch advocate of due process for all defendants I'm pissed protesters got Slager legal defense shut down on gofundme that host(s/ed) dozens if not hundreds of legal defense/bail funds for non-LE defendants. pro-LE folks gave me flack for having no issue with ferguson bail funds...fact is if folks want to spend their money on bail or legal defense..it's their money and due process isn't limited to folks I like or support.

Bottom line this is at least a year of crazy ass twisty turning headlines long on questions short on facts.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:32 am 
ADMIN

Hi LR

Yes.. how ever this proceeds exactly it is now SURE to be "one of those cases" Ignorance will abound at True Gossip forums and at "The Crazy Godmother of True Gossip Forums" = The Twitter sewer

I ALREADY find myself SUPPORTING Officer Michael Slager! :cool

Certainly I will do my best to counter the dishonest CRAP touted around twitter and True Gossip Forums. At the very least Officer Slager is entitled to FAIR AND PROPER due process of the law. He is (of course) entitled to be PRESUMED INNOCENT in evaluating all evidence. This not the "first Rodeo" for BGI and other schemers. we KNOW the narrative will be controlled (and FALSE) from the outset.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:03 am 
ADMIN

Song for Julison - Here I go again

The Hollies "Here I Go Again"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:48 am 

Hi folks :69

I spent a good portion of the night reading and trying to sort things out in my own head trying to remove my visceral reaction to seeing a thumping stumping 50 year old man running away from a police officer and getting shot to death in the back.

So here are some of my thoughts.

First it doesn’t matter how many times Scott was shot, an officer is trained to shoot until a perceived threat is stopped and that is what Slager did, the number of bullets has always been irrelevant to me.

it seems a reasonable guess that it crossed Slagers mind that the car was stolen, Slager even looks over his shoulder at Scott when Slager is returning to his cruiser, I would assume to see if Scott is going to bolt.

Scott fled the scene of the traffic stop, and he physically resisted detainment by Officer Slager, I think that qualifies as a fight given there are at least 14 seconds of a “tussle” on the ground, surely Scott was not simply evading Slager all that time with stealth like ninja moves. Scott tried to get Slager’s taser, (Santana’s account gives independent validity to this portion of Slager’s defense).

Now if Scott was willing to flee the scene, fight an officer and try to get an officer’s taser, all over a traffic stop what violence would he be willing to engage in once he became a wanted felon for assaulting a police officer, trying to get a police officer taser and fleeing the scene of a crime? what violence would he be willing to engage in with the next officer or the next civilian Scott came across.

Then the legal questions becomes did Slager had probable cause “to believe that Scott has committed a crime involving the infliction or threatened infliction of serious physical harm” and the answer to that has to be yes so then “deadly force may be used if necessary to prevent escape, and if, where [471 U.S. 1, 12] feasible, some warning has been given”

We know there was a violent altercation, hands on an officer is a violent altercation and we heard the Slager’s warning.

I still would like to see the police report and see exactly what Slager said happened. I am still bothered by the way Slager tossed the taser near Scott’s body but that doesn’t mean that Slager had nefarious intent.

As to the CPR/life saving measures, one officer did say CPR was performed, it was not, CPR is a specific action, some paramedics cut off Scotts shirt and possibly applied some gauze but my best guess is that Scott was dead within seconds of hitting the ground so it is a rather moot point.

Enter the BGI and all bets are off.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:35 pm 
ADMIN

Charleston defense attorney Andy Savage to represent cop charged with murder
David Slade
Apr 8 2015 4:58 pm Apr 8 8:16 pm

Prominent Charleston defense lawyer Andy Savage will be representing Michael Slager, the fired white North Charleston police officer who was charged with murder Tuesday in the weekend killing of a fleeing black man following a traffic stop.

Savage has represented high-profile clients, including accused enemy combatant Ali Saleh Kahlah al-Marri, investment fraud operator Al Parish, politicians, children of politicians and many defendants in capital cases. He has also held public office in Charleston County and hosted the Emmy-winning Comcast news show “The Savage Report.”

“He’s a very good lawyer, but he’s got his work cut out for him,” said Charleston School of Law Professor Miller W. Shealy Jr, a former prosecutor.

...more at link
http://www.postandcourier.com/article/2 ... source=RSS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:38 pm 
ADMIN

Andy Savage:
“As we focus in on the facts, we will probably have more to say, but it is far too early for us to be saying what we think. Slager’s previous counsel fell into that trap and we have no intention of doing our client further harm.”

I like Comment at CTH...
Quote:
John Galt says:
April 10, 2015 at 11:46 am

BGI wanted trial by media, upset that defendant has lawyer.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:45 pm 
ADMIN

EXCLUSIVE - My brother was NOT stopped because of his tail light: Grief-stricken brother says Walter Scott died because of South Carolina cops' system of 'racial profiling'

• Walter Scott's friend Dennis Dye tells Mail Online he drove in Walter's 1990 Mercedes Benz the day before he was killed and it was it perfect condition
  • Walter was very proud of his car, which he had purchased the week before
  • The victim's brother Raymond Scott says, 'It is an area where the police use the system of racial profiling, only in this case it has cost my brother his life'
  • Feidin Santana filmed Walter Scott being shot dead by Officer Michael Slager in North Charleston, South Carolina on Saturday
  • The video contradicted Slager's police report where the cop claimed that Scott had tried to grab his Taser
  • Slager fired on Wednesday after being charged with the murder. He has not entered a plea

By Shekhar Bhatia In Charleston, South Caroline For Dailymail.com
Published: 21:24 GMT, 9 April 2015 | Updated: 22:15 GMT, 9 April 2015

The brother of the unarmed man shot dead as he fled a cop in South Carolina has claimed for the first time that he feels Walter Scott was stopped because of the color of his skin.
[....]
Following the shooting on Saturday, Officer Slager, 33, filed a police report defending his actions, saying he feared for his life and Scott wrestled his Taser gun from him during a scuffle which broke out after he pulled over the 50-year-old for a broken brake light.

...more at link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z3WvtYBbHp

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next