It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 27  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:49 pm 
ADMIN

Tom Fitton@TomFitton
Sessions deciding whether to fire FBI #2 Andrew McCabe over allegedly lying about leaks. A lot more to McCabe's misbehavior, as I describe below. McCabe compromised by Clinton-crony cash--compromising both the Clinton and @RealDonaldTrump investigations

https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-roo ... stigation/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:51 pm 
ADMIN

Tom Fitton's Video Weekly Update: March 16, 2018
Judicial Watch

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:51 pm 
ADMIN

REVEALED: Peter Strzok Had Personal Relationship With Recused Judge In Michael Flynn Case
Text messages obtained by The Federalist show that Peter Strzok and Lisa Page conspired to collude with Judge Rudolph Contreras, a FISA judge who presided over Michael Flynn's guilty plea and was later removed from the case.
March 16, 2018 By Mollie Hemingway

Newly discovered text messages obtained by The Federalist reveal two key federal law enforcement officials conspired to meet with the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC) judge who presided over the federal case against Michael Flynn. The judge, Rudolph Contreras, was recused from handling the case just days after accepting the guilty plea of President Donald Trump’s former national security adviser who was charged with making false statements to federal investigators.

The text messages about Contreras between controversial Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) lawyer Lisa Page and Peter Strzok, the senior FBI counterintelligence official who was kicked off Robert Mueller’s special counsel team, were deliberately hidden from Congress, multiple congressional investigators told The Federalist. In the messages, Page and Strzok, who are rumored to have been engaged in an illicit romantic affair, discussed Strzok’s personal friendship with Contreras and how to leverage that relationship in ongoing counterintelligence matters.

“Rudy is on the [Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court]!” Page excitedly texted Strzok on July 25, 2016. “Did you know that? Just appointed two months ago.”

“I did,” Strzok responded. “I need to get together with him.”

“[He] said he’d gotten on a month or two ago at a graduation party we were both at.”

Contreras was appointed to the top surveillance court on May 19, 2016, federal records show.

The pair even schemed about how to set up a cocktail or dinner party just so Contreras, Strzok, and Page could speak without arousing suspicion that they were colluding. Strzok expressed concern that a one-on-one meeting between the two men might require Contreras’ recusal from matters in which Strzok was involved.

...more at link
http://thefederalist.com/2018/03/16/rev ... lynn-case/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:49 pm 
ADMIN

McCabe FIRED!

STATEMENT FROM AG SESSIONS on McCabe firing:

McCabe responded to the firing in a lengthy statement.

Spoiler:
I have been an FBI Special Agent for over 21 years. I spent half of that time investigating Russian Organized Crime as a street agent and Supervisor in New York City. I have spent the second half of my career focusing on national security issues and protecting this country from terrorism. I served in some of the most challenging, demanding investigative and leadership roles in the FBI. And I was privileged to serve as Deputy Director during a particularly tough time.

For the last year and a half, my family and I have been the targets of an unrelenting assault on our reputation and my service to this country. Articles too numerous to count have leveled every sort of false, defamatory and degrading allegation against us. The President’s tweets have amplified and exacerbated it all. He called for my firing. He called for me to be stripped of my pension after more than 20 years of service. And all along we have said nothing, never wanting to distract from the mission of the FBI by addressing the lies told and repeated about us.

No more.

The investigation by the Justice Department’s Office of Inspector General (OIG) has to be understood in the context of the attacks on my credibility. The investigation flows from my attempt to explain the FBI’s involvement and my supervision of investigations involving Hillary Clinton. I was being portrayed in the media over and over as a political partisan, accused of closing down investigations under political pressure. The FBI was portrayed as caving under that pressure, and making decisions for political rather than law enforcement purposes. Nothing was further from the truth. In fact, this entire investigation stems from my efforts, fully authorized under FBI rules, to set the record straight on behalf of the Bureau, and to make clear that we were continuing an investigation that people in DOJ opposed.

The OIG investigation has focused on information I chose to share with a reporter through my public affairs officer and a legal counselor. As Deputy Director, I was one of only a few people who had the authority to do that. It was not a secret, it took place over several days, and others, including the Director, were aware of the interaction with the reporter. It was the type of exchange with the media that the Deputy Director oversees several times per week. In fact, it was the same type of work that I continued to do under Director Wray, at his request. The investigation subsequently focused on who I talked to, when I talked to them, and so forth. During these inquiries, I answered questions truthfully and as accurately as I could amidst the chaos that surrounded me. And when I thought my answers were misunderstood, I contacted investigators to correct them.

But looking at that in isolation completely misses the big picture. The big picture is a tale of what can happen when law enforcement is politicized, public servants are attacked, and people who are supposed to cherish and protect our institutions become instruments for damaging those institutions and people.

Here is the reality: I am being singled out and treated this way because of the role I played, the actions I took, and the events I witnessed in the aftermath of the firing of James Comey. The release of this report was accelerated only after my testimony to the House Intelligence Committee revealed that I would corroborate former Director Comey’s accounts of his discussions with the President. The OIG’s focus on me and this report became a part of an unprecedented effort by the Administration, driven by the President himself, to remove me from my position, destroy my reputation, and possibly strip me of a pension that I worked 21 years to earn. The accelerated release of the report, and the punitive actions taken in response, make sense only when viewed through this lens. Thursday’s comments from the White House are just the latest example of this.

This attack on my credibility is one part of a larger effort not just to slander me personally, but to taint the FBI, law enforcement, and intelligence professionals more generally. It is part of this Administration’s ongoing war on the FBI and the efforts of the Special Counsel investigation, which continue to this day. Their persistence in this campaign only highlights the importance of the Special Counsel’s work.

I have always prided myself on serving my country with distinction and integrity, and I always encouraged those around me to do the same. Just ask them. To have my career end in this way, and to be accused of lacking candor when at worst I was distracted in the midst of chaotic events, is incredibly disappointing and unfair. But it will not erase the important work I was privileged to be a part of, the results of which will in the end be revealed for the country to see.

I have unfailing faith in the men and women of the FBI and I am confident that their efforts to seek justice will not be deterred.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:43 am 
ADMIN

Mueller’s Investigation Flouts Justice Department Standards
By Andrew C. McCarthy
March 17, 2018 6:30 AM

[...]To trigger the appointment of a special counsel, federal regulations require the Justice Department to identify the crimes that warrant investigation and prosecution — crimes that the Justice Department is too conflicted to investigate in the normal course; crimes that become the parameters of the special counsel’s jurisdiction.

Rosenstein, instead, put the cart before the horse: Mueller was invited to conduct a fishing expedition, a boundless quest to hunt for undiscovered crimes, rather than an investigation and prosecution of known crimes.

...more at link
https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/03/ ... standards/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:09 pm 

I've always liked this guy. :)

Trump Hires Lawyer Who Has Pushed Theory That Justice Dept. Framed the President
By Maggie Haberman, Michael S. Schmidtmarch | NY Times | March 19, 2018

MANCHESTER, N.H. — President Trump hired the longtime Washington lawyer Joseph E. diGenova on Monday, adding an aggressive voice to his legal team who has pushed the theory on television that the F.B.I. and Justice Department framed Mr. Trump.

Mr. diGenova, a former United States attorney, is not expected to take a lead role. But he will serve as an outspoken player for the president as Mr. Trump has increased his attacks on the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III. Mr. Trump broke over the weekend from the longstanding advice of some of his lawyers that he refrain from directly criticizing Mr. Mueller, a sign of his growing unease with the investigation.

“Former U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia Joe DiGenova will be joining our legal team later this week,” said Jay Sekulow, one of the president’s personal lawyers. “I have worked with Joe for many years and have full confidence that he will be a great asset in our representation of the President.”

More at link: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/19/us/p ... awyer.html

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:17 pm 
ADMIN

I like him too... and his missus... but I DO NOT see this as a HUGE event.. almost a "Big Ugly" in itself.... as the Cult followers are now posting. :roll

It's much like when Jay Sekulow joined Trump legal team. Great to see a person(with strong legal qualifications) who "gets it" on Trump's legal team, but in effect it shut down Jay Sekulow as a VOICE (at least on Fox) who could voice the facts with a strong legal underpinning. Same same for diGenova on Trump legal team.. no longer on the air waves.

I WOULD be excited IF diGenova had been appointed AG... or dirrector of FBI :cool

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:30 pm 

I don't see it as a HUGE event either, Rumpole, just a posted piece of news.

This is why I don't read the cult posters' comments. If they think it is some kind of "Big Ugly", they are delusional ... oh wait ;)

Yeah, with DiGenova gone from FOX News, hope they don't fill-in with more Geraldo as legal analysis. :doh Pleeeease. more Gregg Jarret and less Geraldo. :)

ETA:

No, it never entered my mind, Rumpole. LOL

(Hummm, I can't make a down arrow using ascii & Alt key, must be my edge browser)

Last edited by Molly on Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:33 pm 
ADMIN

Oh... so YOU don't see diGenova as a white hat Chess piece moved up to the middle level of the 3-D chess board? :slap

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:18 am 

I read that post, Rumpole. :roll Unreal how things can be twisted and construed to make a simple hiring look like 'a plan to fit your agenda'. Good grief.
----------------
Wow, this Katy Tur is a piece of work. I'd like to slap her silly. :95
Spoiler alert: at very end Jordan says OIG report may be out in April.

Guest appearance by Trey Gowdy. :roll

March 19, 2018
Rep. Jim Jordan On Russia Investigation: 'When Does It End?' | MTP Daily | MSNBC (9:08min)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:25 am 
ADMIN

Gowdy is a snake...

"Russia attacked our election.. so let Mueller keep going"

THAT might make some sense IF Mueller was actually investigating the CLEAR EVIDENCE of Russia interference... Clinton, DNC, Dossier etc etc etc.

I excuse Jim Jordan.. but since that interview.. latest on OIG "Big Ugly" is... MAY (maybe) :doh

Jim needs to try and keep up :roll

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:38 pm 
ADMIN

EXCLUSIVE: Fired FBI official authorized criminal probe of Sessions, sources say
By Mike Levine
Mar 21, 2018, 4:01 PM ET

Nearly a year before Attorney General Jeff Sessions fired senior FBI official Andrew McCabe for what Sessions called a "lack of candor," McCabe oversaw a federal criminal investigation into whether Sessions lacked candor when testifying before Congress about contacts with Russian operatives, sources familiar with the matter told ABC News.

Democratic lawmakers have repeatedly accused Sessions of misleading them in congressional testimony and called on federal authorities to investigate, but McCabe's previously-unreported decision to actually put the attorney general in the crosshairs of an FBI probe was an exceptional move.

One source told ABC News that Sessions was not aware of the investigation when he decided to fire McCabe last Friday less than 48 hours before McCabe, a former FBI deputy director, was due to retire from government and obtain a full pension, but an attorney representing Sessions declined to confirm that.

...more at link
http://abcnews.go.com/US/exclusive-fire ... d=53914006

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:53 pm 

March 21, 2018
Attorney General Sessions Issues Memo to U.S. Attorneys
on the Use of Capital Punishment in Drug-Related Prosecutions

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/attorney ... ug-related
-----------------

This ties up President Trump's request for drug traffickers to be considered for capital punishment. Done.

Now, AG Sessions is free to begin preparations for when the OIG Report and Mueller's findings are released.

a/k/a The Big Fugly ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:12 pm 
ADMIN

'Mueller Special Counsel has SERIOUS Ethical & Constitutional Issues' - JW President Tom Fitton
Judicial Watch
LIVE NOW

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:08 pm 
ADMIN

BREAKING: Rod Rosenstein has officially been served a subpoena to appear and produce documents to the Committee of the Judiciary on April 5, 2018. He now must turn over all documents regarding: Clinton Email Server McCabe Firing FISA Abuses + more
He has until April 5 to comply.

Letter to Rosenstein and subpoena document
https://judiciary.house.gov/wp-content/ ... bpoena.pdf

Don't get too excited... this is ongoing House Committee stuff ... original request was 4 months ago

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:28 pm 

Yes Rumpole, I believe this is a separate investigation that is not a connection to the current OIG report and it will take months, if not years, to complete and be released to the public. This guess is based only on how the cookie has crumbled so far in the original investigation. :roll

March 28, 2018
DOJ OIG Announces Initiation of Review

https://oig.justice.gov/press/2018/2018-03-28b.pdf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:16 am 
ADMIN

ANALYSIS: Constitution Compels Sessions Dismiss Mueller From Non-Campaign Cases
by Robert Barnes | 7:31 am, March 28th, 2018

Paul Manafort‘s legal team brought a motion to dismiss on Tuesday, noting that Rosenstein could not appoint Mueller to any investigation outside the scope of the 2016 campaign since Sessions did not recuse himself for anything outside the campaign. I agree with this take on Mueller’s authority. If we follow that argument that would mean Sessions himself has exclusive authority to appoint a special counsel for non-collusion charges, and Sessions has taken no such action. Sessions himself should make that clear to Mueller, rather than await court resolution. Doing so would remove three of the four areas of inquiry from Mueller’s requested interview with President Trump.

Sessions formally notifying Mueller that he does not have authority to act outside of campaign-related cases and cases related to obstruction of Mueller’s investigation would be doing what the Constitution compels: enforcing the Appointments Clause of the Constitution. Additionally, Sessions notifying Mueller that he does not have authority to act outside of campaign-related cases would be exercising Sessions’ court-recognized Constitutional obligation to “direct and supervise litigation” conducted by the Department of Justice. Furthermore, Sessions notifying Mueller that he does not have authority to act outside of campaign-related cases protects against the inappropriate use of the federal grand jury that defendant Manafort now rightly complains about.

Sessions limiting Mueller to the 2016 campaign would also be restoring confidence in democratic institutions, and restore public faith that democratically elected officials.

...more at link
https://lawandcrime.com/opinion/constit ... ign-cases/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:16 am 
ADMIN

I heard Mark Levin discussing the above article....

Mark Levin Audio Rewind - 3/28/18 (20 min mark)
https://omny.fm/shows/mark-levin-audio- ... le=artwork

Basically making the point that Sleepy Jeff is ONLY recused in regards RUSSIA and the campaign... in all OTHER matters he alone is AG. Rosenstein DOES NOT have the authority to "act" as AG in any other matter, and he certainly does NOT have the authority to direct/allow a Special Prosecutor to act at all on any other matter. The indictment of Manafort has nothing to do with Russia or the Trump campaign. Sleepy Jeff NEEDS to inform Muller that he has no authority. As things stand Mueller acting as he is would require Rosenstein usurping the power of an AG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:47 pm 
ADMIN

An indictment not directly related to all the current political crap... but some "general" relevance... a warning to "leakers" perhaps?

Former FBI agent charged with leaking classified docs to expose 'systemic biases': report

A black former FBI agent in Minneapolis, seeking to expose what his attorneys called "systemic biases" at the agency, was charged this week with illegally disseminating classified information, according to a report.

Terry J. Albury, who joined the FBI in 2000, allegedly sent two classified documents to a reporter at an unspecified national media organization, according to charging documents obtained by the Star Tribune of Minneapolis.

Albury's prosecution comes months after Attorney General Jeff Sessions and the Trump administration promised to cut down on leaks in the federal government.

The former agent was charged with two counts of unauthorized disclosure of national defense information. Prosecutors filed a felony information, which signals that Albury is expected to plead guilty.

One of the leaked documents reportedly pertains to the agency's methods for assessing confidential informants, while the other relates to "threats posed by certain individuals from a particular Middle Eastern country," according to the information.

Albury shared the documents sometime between February 2016 and Jan. 31, 2017, prosecutors allege. He had most recently been assigned to counterterrorism operations at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.

...more at link
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03 ... eport.html

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:06 pm 
ADMIN

Told ya so....
Sleepy Jeff's guy (Prosecutor now named) is just "looking into matters" to see if an investigation is needed... one day... in the future.... :doh

Sessions declines to appoint second special counsel
By Brandon Conradis and Jacqueline Thomsen - 03/29/18 05:03 PM EDT

Attorney General Jeff Sessions revealed in a letter to lawmakers Thursday that he had declined to name a second special counsel to investigate allegations of surveillance abuse within the Justice Department, despite pressure from the Republican Party for him to do so.

In his letter to GOP committee chairmen Chuck Grassley (Iowa), Bob Goodlatte (Va.) and Trey Gowdy (S.C.), Sessions said the appointment of a special counsel only occurs under "the most 'extraordinary circumstances.'"

"To justify such an appointment, the Attorney General would need to conclude that 'the public interest would be served by removing a large degree of responsibility for the matter from the Department of Justice,'" Sessions wrote.

He went on to say that he had named federal prosecutor John Huber to lead the investigation into Republicans' allegations that the FBI abused a surveillance program against a former Trump campaign adviser.

"The additional matters raised in your March 6, 2018, letter fall within the scope of his existing mandate, and I am confident that Mr. Huber's review will include a full, complete, and objective evaluation of these matters in a manner that is consistent with the law and the facts," Sessions wrote.

He said that upon completion of the investigation he would receive a recommendation from Huber about whether the allegations merit the need for another special counsel.

.....more at link
http://thehill.com/policy/national-secu ... llegations

Link to Sessions letter to Congress (pdf 4 pages)
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... views.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 27  Next