It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ben Kruidbos Stuff
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:35 pm 

LarryHannan wrote:
State investigating whether Angela Corey illegally fired Zimmeman witness

The Florida Commission on Human Relations has launched a whistleblower investigation to determine whether the former information technology director for State Attorney Angela Corey was fired illegally.

Ben Kruidbos was fired in June after he testified that prosecutors did not turn over all information to George Zimmerman’s defense team in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin. Kruidbos claims he was a whistleblower, and under the law cannot be fired.

Read more at The Florida Times-Union.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:39 pm 

I don't know that he was actually fired in June. His termination letter was dated July 11,2013. IIRC, that is the day of final arguments and the case went to the jury.

I was under the impression that he wasn't allowed back into the office after testifying pre-trial.

LINK TO LETTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:45 pm 

Thanks, DebFrmHell. :)

Are you trying to confuse us with facts? :Gslap

Good there's an investigation going on. I hope AC is sweating. Er - more than usual. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:53 am 

That "letter" still amazes me! They tell him since he did more than they may have actually asked for, he evidently did not have a right to seek legal counsel for himself.

They wrote a little too much there!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:54 am 

I know, right? It's like they're so arrogant, they wanted to tell him off, in writing, in addition to firing him. The whole letter seemed very unprofessional, imo.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:45 pm 

It looks to me like that letter is an attempt to undermine his whistle blower status and to cover their asses in case of a wrongful termination suit. (Several of my employers write letters like that thinking it'll protect them from lawsuits and/or prevent the employee from receiving unemployment.)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:25 am 

I agree that's the purpose, Maltese Mama, but I don't think it was effective due to their personal grudge(s). It's probably because of my own bias in the matter, but to my reading the letter looks like evidence for the plaintiff, kwim?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:48 pm 

I am not picky. I just want to see some sort of justice.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:35 pm 

The more the better, jordan2 - Kruidbos' civil suit, GZ's civil suit(s)... I hope they each get millions. :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:36 pm 

"Zimmerman Prosecutor Takes Hit in the Court of Public Opinion"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... a/2763835/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:22 pm 

Thanks, forensicspy. :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:56 pm 

At some point, I really do want to see consequences to Crump and his team of lawyers for what they have done. They are as much a part of this as Corey and her comrades as well as MSM.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:48 am 

Yes! What jordan2 said! The prosecution wouldn't have happened but for the scheme team. All of that taxpayer money wasted because of their actions... but even more despicable, more unforgivable, all of those people hurt or killed because of their actions. I wish those affected could sue Crump et al for damages, because they caused the assaults, imo.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:15 am 

JosephCotto wrote:
Zimmerman prosecutor Angela Corey now under state investigation

Despite this, [Kruidbos' attorney, Wesley White] told The Washington Times Communities that his “focus is on Ben…My present concern is her posting of Ben’s termination letter on the SAO’s website which is a fairly definitive display of unbridled rage.

“Sadly and unfortunately her spite is merely racking up more damages. Not surprisingly, Corey’s family and friends have been blogging anonymously, attacking Ben, and trying to push her narrative without risking the probing questions of (journalists).”

“We have law school interns in the office,” Shorstein recently explained to The Washington Times Communities. “When they leave we critique them and when they return to law school, they are critiqued by the professor who oversees their end. One of the interns reported Corey was abusive, profane, unprofessional, etc. The school called us, I reprimanded Corey.

“Then, Corey called the school and told the Dean the professor should be disciplined for reporting her misconduct, the school called me, I told Corey that was unacceptable and she must apologize to the Dean and the professor.

“Corey refused my direct order. Then she was given another chance, she refused and was fired.”

Read more at The Washington Times.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:59 pm 

Sadly, there are never any consequences to those who hurt others in cases like this, even if they claim their actions were unintended to affect others. MSM will call it collateral damage or whatever term seems to fit at the time to minimize or even eliminate their culpability. Yet, so many of us know better and are left with that feeling of helplessness and hopelessness. Could any of us had done any more than we did to stop this? I am all ears.

People like George who are charged with a serious crime and then found to be not guilty, can NEVER be restored to their previous place in society. They are left financially ruined and have little to no recourse to become one of us. Instead, they may even end up living a secret life, hiding in fear of their lives forever, and we call it justice?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:45 pm 

No, jordan2, we don't call it justice. Unfortunately, those with the authority to do something about do, however.

All we can do is speak out, and I mean to our elected reps. in state and federal government. Be careful with our votes, and hold them accountable.

Corey has already had some ill-effects, at least bad publicity. Her name is mud. Even if the investigation ultimately clears her, the damage is done to her reputation.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:40 pm 

liesel wrote:
No, jordan2, we don't call it justice. Unfortunately, those with the authority to do something about do, however.

All we can do is speak out, and I mean to our elected reps. in state and federal government. Be careful with our votes, and hold them accountable.

Corey has already had some ill-effects, at least bad publicity. Her name is mud. Even if the investigation ultimately clears her, the damage is done to her reputation.

I can't help but to laugh that the same people who had Corey on a pedestal are now calling for her to be removed from the Jordan Davis case which she is trying personally. She needs a WIN desperately and IMO she can get that with Dunn since you can't claim SYG when firing into a retreating vehicle. I soooo hope that Scott removes her but am willing to bet that he won't. He needs the WIN as much as she does.

:D Ya Gotta Love Politics!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:22 pm 

I so wish I could comment on how I think Scott would be better served by removing her... but that would be discussing politics, which is a no-no... and would get me :fish So I won't say that virtually any republican voter, Scott's base, that cares one way or another would definitely want to see Corey :fish

Not that I'm saying that in a political way, but more in an as-it-pertains-to-the-case kind of way. :Q26

Look! A squirrel! And did you see all the stuff I posted in the GZ thread today? :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:21 am 

http://staugustine.com/news/2013-10-03/ ... k6SfhDwrz4

Corey claims 'sovereign immunity'

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:32 am 

^^^ Somehow this does not surprise me. There seems to be an issue with taking personal responsibility for actions in that camp.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next