It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ben Kruidbos Stuff
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:19 pm 
ADMIN

Thanks for the article, John.... expanding....

Angela Corey's office rebuked for late evidence gaffe in wrongful-termination suit
MCT REGIONAL NEWS
11:48 a.m. EDT, July 23, 2013

The office of State Attorney Angela Corey faces potential sanctions and will have to pay thousands of dollars in taxpayer money after failing to turn over all documents in a wrongful termination case filed by a former employee.

It prompted a scolding by U.S. District Judge Timothy Corrigan and follows similar criticisms in the failed prosecution of George Zimmerman.

Julie Lyncker, a former clerk in the Nassau County office, says she was fired after she complained about the way former Assistant State Attorney Wesley White treated her.

Lyncker says her civil rights were violated and the firing was an illegal retaliation for reporting wrongdoing in the office.

She is asking for undisclosed damages.

Monday, Corrigan agreed to delay the case after lawyers representing the State Attorney's Office admitted they didn't provide opposing attorneys key evidence until Saturday.

A jury was scheduled to be picked Monday and the two sides were supposed to turn over all materials months ago.

The judge sent 40 potential jurors home and told Corey's attorneys that the office would have to recompense the court for the $2,500 it cost to bring the jurors in.

"This stuff hits the case where it lives," Corrigan said. "And it's hard to understand how this happens."

Corey also was accused of withholding key findings from Trayvon Martin's cellphone in the Zimmerman trial and faces potential sanctions there. Zimmerman was acquitted after claiming self-defense in Martin's death.

...more at link
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/loc ... 9424.story

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:38 pm 

Its official now. Papers have been filed in a 5 million dollar lawsuit against Cory and the State.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:56 pm 
ADMIN

Thanks GWAR..... I went to get more detail.....

From CTH..............

Ben Kruidbos Fires Back – Files A Cause of Action $5 Million Wrongful Termination Lawsuit Against Angela Corey and State Attorney Office
Posted on August 1, 2013 by sundance

The complaint was filed today in Duval County:

The backstory:
Quote:
State Attorney Angela Corey fires information technology director who raised concerns in Trayvon Martin case
Posted: July 13, 2013 - 12:16am | Updated: July 15, 2013 - 11:49am
By David Bauerlein

State Attorney Angela Corey fired her office’s information technology director Friday after he testified last month about being concerned prosecutors did not turn over information to George Zimmerman’s defense team in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

On the same day attorneys finished their closing arguments in that nationally watched trial, a state attorney investigator went to Ben Kruidbos’ home about 7:30 a.m. to hand-deliver a letter stating Kruidbos “can never again be trusted to step foot in this office.”

...more at link

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2013 ... rector-who

....more at link
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... ey-office/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:07 pm 
ADMIN

Great news.....

:Q23

It's ......... Show Time!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:08 pm 

WOW!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:32 pm 
ADMIN

Another case... related....

Angela Corey's office rebuked for late evidence gaffe in wrongful-termination suit
July 23, 2013|MCT REGIONAL NEWS

The office of State Attorney Angela Corey faces potential sanctions and will have to pay thousands of dollars in taxpayer money after failing to turn over all documents in a wrongful termination case filed by a former employee.

It prompted a scolding by U.S. District Judge Timothy Corrigan and follows similar criticisms in the failed prosecution of George Zimmerman.

Julie Lyncker, a former clerk in the Nassau County office, says she was fired after she complained about the way former Assistant State Attorney Wesley White treated her.

Lyncker says her civil rights were violated and the firing was an illegal retaliation for reporting wrongdoing in the office.

She is asking for undisclosed damages.

Monday, Corrigan agreed to delay the case after lawyers representing the State Attorney's Office admitted they didn't provide opposing attorneys key evidence until Saturday.

A jury was scheduled to be picked Monday and the two sides were supposed to turn over all materials months ago.

The judge sent 40 potential jurors home and told Corey's attorneys that the office would have to recompense the court for the $2,500 it cost to bring the jurors in.

...more at link

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/201 ... -zimmerman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:57 pm 
ADMIN

Former IT director sues State Attorney Angela Corey for wrongful termination
Posted: August 1, 2013 - 5:19pm
By Larry Hannan

The former information technology director for State Attorney Angela Corey is suing for wrongful termination.

Ben Kruidbos sued Corey’s office Thursday saying he was illegally fired in June after he testified that prosecutors did not turn over all information to George Zimmerman’s defense team in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

He is asking for $5 million or more in damages and his job back.

The lawsuit states Kruidbos could not be fired for testifying in a judicial proceeding in response to a subpoena. It also argues that the firing was retaliation for his testimony in the Zimmerman case

...more at link
http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2013 ... ermination

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:34 am 

http://www.scribd.com/doc/157553114/Ben-Kruidbos

Kruidbos vs. Corey document

Yippee!!!!!!!!!! :98

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:54 am 

Yay!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:03 pm 
ADMIN

From CTH..................

Ben Kruidbos Requests FL Gov Rick Scott Appoint Independent Investigator For Jacksonville State Attorney Office Investigation
Posted on August 2, 2013 by sundance

Smart move by Ben Kruidbos and his attorney Wes White. It was Rick Scott’s appointment of Special Prosecutor Angela Corey that started the fiasco in the first place. Kruidbos/White now reach out to Scott for relief based on consequences from that appointment:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/157714107/Cau ... rnor-Final

In addition Kruidbos filed a letter of formal complaint with the Florida Commission on Human Relations, Office of Inspector General, outlining the retaliatory firing for being a whistleblower:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/157716459/Kru ... -Relations

...more at link (Comments)
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... stigation/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:45 pm 

I always thought this was a Show Trial that got out of hand... Corey's objectives evidently differed from those of Bondi/Scott and now they have a mess (unless they're complete heartless idiots).

The narrow focus of Corey got her a Ben problem! I still can't believe all they wrote in that letter of termination. The 'your fired because of X, Y & Z' progressed into a novel by someone that thinks they are above the law!

The irony is Corey gets to play with the fed's before Ben gets his turn going after her. She's way, way out of her pay grade now.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:55 pm 

Yes, very clever. I just hope Scott does the right thing and appoints someone honest who will do a real investigation, not just someone who'll try to preserve the reputation (such as it is) of the Florida state attorneys. Let's hope he doesn't seek Bondi's opinion on whom to appoint! :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:59 am 

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/ ... rey-and-b/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:07 am 

I don't live in Florida, but AC makes me ashamed to be a woman.

Too bad she had the MSM backing her...broken record...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:26 am 

No doubt, BertaBlue - she's an embarrassment to all honest legal practitioners.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:14 pm 

I can only hope that no confidential settlements will made in any of the suits against Corey. If that happens, we will remain in the dark. I doubt that Corey wants this to go to trial or even pre-trial discovery and such. What is the state willing to pay to suppress the truth?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:47 pm 

I hope AC ends up being found personally liable - at least to the extent of bankrupting her - and also that she loses her job/pension/perks.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:47 am 

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/ ... rey-and-b/

Thanks to kbp for posting the link.

I just do not know how this woman can walk around in public and not display any shame or guilt. The people in her work place must be awfully uncomfortable. I wonder if she really gets how much she is hated and if she really thinks she has done nothing wrong.

A sociopath is defined as a person with a "psychopathic personality whose behavior is antisocial, often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience." Even that term does not completely and accurately describe Corey.

I think that George's case has opened many eyes to reveal that many such people exist and walk freely among us. I do not think that I realized that so many people were like that... especially those in such lofty positions that should require honesty and trust. I also did not know the inner workings of the BGI but that term is now commonly used in the media. I guess that in itself is progress.

If I am ranting too much, please say so. What has happened is now sinking in on another level for me.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:45 am 

Not at all, Jordan2 - appreciate your thoughts. :)

Sociopaths, yes, agree, but - and not saying it's the case here - also sometimes trained "normal" people. Don't hate me but I know a woman who works at a good hotel in their reservations department. Actually, she and her co-workers are who people would talk to if they want to cancel a reservation at the last minute without penalty. The culture of that office is such that they get a kick, celebrate, when they are able to collect the penalty. I was kind of horrified when she was celebrating a "success" after work one day, telling us about it, how they were able to collect a fee (maybe the entire cost of the room, don't recall for sure) and how they danced and cheered in her office. But that is the point of that particular office - if they didn't do it, they wouldn't have jobs, kwim? So no matter how distasteful it is to me, they look at it as a success when they get that money out of the wealthy people who can afford that hotel.

Now, to you and me, and any decent person, a prosecutor's office should be absolutely nothing like my friend's hotel job. But we all know that some are, in particular Corey's office, where all they care about is a conviction rate, not what's right or wrong. Theoretically, a prosecutor's conviction rate should be at least near 100% because they should never file charges unless they're certain the person is guilty and that they can prove the case. It's not a huge jump for an ethically challenged, ambitious person, to pervert that into filing whatever case they think they can make stick, and from there, not so far to filing whatever case they think they can make stick by hook or by crook - by withholding and manipulating evidence and witnesses - whatever it takes.

As we all know, Corey has a history of seriously overcharging poor defendants and offering a plea deal. I mean, seriously, in the Fernandez case, as I understand it, a 12 year old boy pushed his little brother; the little brother hit his head and died; Corey charged him as an adult with murder1. When one is too poor to put on a defense and facing 20 years or more, a 3 year plea deal may seem like a gift.

If she's not a sociopath, which I haven't ruled out in the slightest, she may be a narcissist, or she may, of course, be both. Think about how thin-skinned she is, with her threats to Dershowitz, calling his employer, threatening to sue him and the school, threatening to sue a newspaper for printing unflattering stories that were true, etc. etc. etc. That sure sounded like narcissistic rage when she was on the phone haranguing Harvard law school for 45 minutes, didn't it? In the world of a narcissist, the only "right" is what benefits them and the only "wrong" is what doesn't or what they don't like. Also recall that southern bell schtick she was doing after the verdict. I'm not a psychiatrist, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I think that fits Corey very well, as does sociopath.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:07 pm 

Thanks for your respective.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next