It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 

Zimmerman Verdict Prediction
Poll ended at Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:21 am
NOT GUILTY 48%  48%  [ 12 ]
GUILTY (Murder2) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
GUILTY (Lesser Included Offence) 12%  12%  [ 3 ]
HUNG JURY 40%  40%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 25
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:21 am 
ADMIN

I have been inundated with one request for a verdict poll.

From CTH.....

Quote:
ejarra says:
June 11, 2013 at 12:48 am

jello, based on what you said, I predict that a hung jury will be the highest probability. Not acquittal; not, not guilty; but, a hung jury.

Then what, if they won’t budge?

ATTN: Rumpole! I see a pole here. Guilty, Acquittal, hung jury.

So... a poll it is....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:07 am 

Not guilty (or acquittal before reaching jury).

I sometimes feel the depression like everyone else. This thing is SO corrupt and disgusting, that it sometimes seems like they're gonna hang George and there's nothing to stop it. But then I think about everything we've all talked about over the past year. All the EVIDENCE, especially. So just think for a minute what will come in at trial. Even if Nelson (assuming she doesn't get kicked off the case first) keeps up her garbage, how can the State possibly reach the burden of proof they need to reach? Seriously, think about if only the most obvious of all the positive evidence comes in... the stuff that even Nelson can't keep out. At the same time, say she allows lots of stuff in from the State that she SHOULDN'T let in. EVEN IF she does that, then can the State reach the "beyond a reasonable doubt" threshold? That's not the jury just saying, "I think George is more likely guilty than not," or "There's a lot of evidence against George, and not much in his favor." Either of those produces a NOT guilty verdict. All George needs is a LITTLE bit of doubt in his favor. I'd like for anyone to give a scenario where, by the time all evidence comes in, there's "virtually no doubt that George is guilty." Just stop thinking about the Scheme for awhile, and Nelson, the BGI, and all the rest. Just tell me how a jury can possibly reach the point of, "The evidence shows that it's a virtual certainty that George is guilty." HOW?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:15 am 

And by the way, it's true that a hung jury also seems possible. All it takes is one idiot, after all. But think about how deliberations would go. Assuming the evidence winds up being as lopsided as we think, then they go back in the jury room after closing arguments. They take a preliminary vote, assuming it's gonna be an easy, unanimous not-guilty. But then when they check the votes, one person say guilty. Can you imagine the others? "Are you insane?! What trial have YOU been watching the past few weeks?!" If it goes that way, I really can't see one individual holding out, since they would KNOW in their own hearts they are WRONG. Sure if you know you're RIGHT you may be able to hold out no matter the pressure... but not if you're WRONG.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:54 am 
ADMIN

The REALLY scary (and very likely) scenario... (see Sundance and Dman at CTH)...is they all sorta think not guilty.. but compromise... NOT GUILTY Murder2... so go for lesser charge.

As you and I know Jello, THAT would be a travesty in this case.

Anything short of GZ free and whole bunch of people in jail... Corey, Crump NastyJack, BDLR etc etc is a Travesty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:33 am 

I have the sick suspicion that they will try to come back as a hung jury and be ordered to go into more deliberation by Doubtfire and finally, in frustration, decide guilty to a MUCH lesser offense.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:32 am 

Not guilty due to the state not meeting it's burden of beyond a reasonable doubt.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:34 am 

Of course I want a not guilty but am thinking this will be hung. I think this jury will pass the buck in hopes that public scrutiny won't be so high the second time around. Hope I'm wrong and this man can get on with his life.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:57 pm 

Well I said what I thought, but hear it is officially.

Hung. I believe there will be one or more that will did in their heals and NOT budge. They will have been sequestered for several weeks, so I doubt another week plus won't matter.

Not a lesser charge either.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:28 pm 

This first trial will end in a hung jury due to Stealth Jurors on both sides, all with an agenda to further their personal agenda of what they believe justice should be. I expect we'll likely see a 4-2 split in favor of the Trayvonites because a worrisome mother & anti gun father will also find their way onto the jury.
After the trial; The crap with BDLR will be minimized & once the State is off the hook they'll file to retry George.
This trial is a federal supported, State persecution of a citizen & it's not going away so long as they have the majority support. Hence we see the Scheme Team creating an official looking message from inside the courtroom.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:51 pm 

I really, really, really wish the jury would return a Not Guilty verdict but I do not think this judge will allow a defense which assures this. Alas, I fear that it will hang and the persecution will choose to not retry.

Now, that said, I am the guy who you do not want to be behind while standing in line...I always pick the wrong line.

Richard

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:42 pm 

Anything goes with this case, is how I see it.

I would love to see an outright acquittal but find the chances slim.

A hung jury is a good possibility, with one juror sticking to his/her guns. However, with only 6, I find that more unlikely.

My vote is for Guilty with Lesser offenses because it will be difficult for some to get around the fact that there is no question - GZ shot and a person was killed. I can't see them letting him off scott-free, due to anticipation of the furor over the verdict.

I believe they will take the "compromise" option.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:05 am 

I recommend putting an "If"; (If lesser offence is included) as I believe it's up to the judge to include the option. You know where I stand, I do believe the lesser offence of manslaughter will be included and George will be convicted on that. However I also believe he will get off on appeal. There is another option but of course it's laughable to even consider but the judge can at anytime just put an end to this whole thing but I think it's clear that's not going to happen. One other option is something rather explosive happens and the case gets thrown out that way, again an extreme unlikelihood of that happening. Yet another option is George takes a plea and I bet Corey has a standing one until the end of trial but doubtful George would take it.

page 134
7.7 MANSLAUGHTER
http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/jury ... ctions.pdf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:42 am 
ADMIN

I'm with you Dman Kinda.. ... only being a "romantic" I cant let go of the thought (dream)... that the jury will deliberate a while and come back with NOT GUILTY.... I voted for that.. but I concede it's just wishful thinking

I certainly can not see Nelson dismissing it at any point.

Smart money is on the "Place Bet" (not sure if that term applies in USA... bet on horse to be in top 3 finishers...)

Thinking second place is Guilty of lesser charge.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:04 pm 

I have just voted. From what I've seen and read recently, I am tending towards, as others have pointed out, I'm with the Hung Jury prediction.

Time will tell.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:58 pm 

I voted not guilty. I have thought from the beginning the prosecution does not have a good enough case for proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:57 pm 
ADMIN

I have closed voting on this poll... it was a guess some time before trial started.

I will start a new poll, prior to closing arguments, but after both sides have RESTED,

POLL: Zimerman verdict #2 (After evidence presented)
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=977

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]