It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2788 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:14 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
I get the intense feeling that Mantai should be sentenced to 20 years to life!

For being a pathological idiot? :98

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:17 pm 

flareon wrote:
Liesel - thanks for the welcome.

It doesn't seem anything can go smoothly in this case. His constant change in opinion can't be playing too well with people.

I can't believe he said that there wouldn't have been any movement. Anyone who has been close to someone who is dying knows that isn't true.

Glad to see you, flareon, and I'm sure we all appreciate your contributions. :)

Oh, I so agree. Bao was a joke and like a self-cleaning over, was self-impeaching! ME's are usually dry, technical, and fact oriented (or at least trying to sound that way). This guy was a joke - literally. He may be in the top 3 funniest witnesses put on by the state.

Hmmm... maybe we need a poll on the funniest witness? Or even a few categories, such as the witness most helpful to the defense, the witness that did the most harm to the state, etc.?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:18 pm 

He's the sacrificial lamb. When Nelson grants the JOA, the story will be that Mantei messed up the argument. George started the fight? There are no marks on Trayvon, and RJ testified that Trayvon confronted George. Where is the evidence that George started it?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:22 pm 

guitarjeff wrote:
How can she deny this? MOM pointed out that other acquittals have had no where near as much reasonable doubt as this one, and he's right. So she will just blatantly go against these cases with even more reasonable doubt in hers?

Hey, if a judge is not convinced, he/she should deny the motion. Of course, in this case, the judge is not convinced she wants the backlash from doing the right thing, so it's not quite the same. But there's no way to prove what's in her head. (If anything.) ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:23 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:23 pm 

Optimistic wrote:
He's the sacrificial lamb. When Nelson grants the JOA, the story will be that Mantei messed up the argument. George started the fight? There are no marks on Trayvon, and RJ testified that Trayvon confronted George. Where is the evidence that George started it?

From all the evidence presented in this case, I don't think there was even a fight. It was a beating. I don't think George ever had a chance to even get a blow in.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:25 pm 

Optimistic wrote:
Mantei? What the H E double hockey sticks? Isn't BDLR the prosecutor?

I'm still waiting for Corey to participate.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:25 pm 
ADMIN

Weasel has not grasped it was NOT iced tea *sigh*

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:26 pm 

I turned my laptop down because I literally cannot stand to hear his weasel little voice.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:27 pm 

chipbennett wrote:
Mini-Me: "pointing a gun at someone's heart and pulling the trigger is prima facie evidence of an act indifferent to human life, with a depraved mind"

Wrong, Mini-Me. That act evinced extreme difference toward human life: the life of the person being subjected to a forcible felony and reasonably fearing imminent risk of life or great bodily harm.

Well said and exactly right. I wish Nelson could admit it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:28 pm 
ADMIN

4:24 p.m.
Mantei says he believes it is fair inference that the defendant started this and Martin had just as much right to defend himself.

He says, citing a case, even when there are no other witnesses to the event, a jury is not required to accept the defendant’s testimony as true.

Mantei points out Zimmerman was armed and he outweighed Martin. He mentioned the expletive phrase and his actions that contradicted instruction from police.

“There was running, there was a chase, there was a struggle,” Mantei says.

He says none of that justifies a judgment of acquittal.

He says Zimmerman had MMA training.

He says the defendant went on a nationally televised program and lied about the nickname for the self-defense law in the state of Florida.

Mantei says the only person that shows Martin was the aggressor is the guy that went on Hannity and lied.

He says the physical evidence is inconsistent with his claims.

4:16 p.m.
He says the one time that someone got caught had to do with the stucco guy following and identifying and Zimmerman knew that.

Mantei says the inconsistencies are not minor matters.

Mantei says he doesn’t know of a neighbor that testified that they knew him, and mentions the lack of knowing the three streets in his neighborhood.

“One of them is dead and one of them is a liar,” Mantei says.

Mantei says the state argues the case is not purely circumstantial. HE says the state is not required to completely disprove the defendant’s hypothesis, but to present evidence that conflicts.

The existence of contradictory evidence doesn’t warrant a judgment of acquittal but should be up to the jury, Mantei says.

He says the state has met its burden regarding the defendant’s state of mind through direct and circumstantial evidence.

He thinks the eye-witness testimony and inconsistencies create a substantial question for the jury.

He cites two cases for the use of deadly force.

4:08 p.m.
Mantei cites a case saying, pointing a loaded gun at a person is evidence of ill-will toward the target.

He says shooting someone in the heart is evidence of ill-will.

Mantei says the pointing of the gun at his heart and pulling the trigger is meant to kill.

He says the Walker case O’Mara cited is not a self-defense case.

The problem is Zimmerman thought he knew Martin as an [expletive], Mantei says, referencing the phrases heard in the non-emergency call.

He says the direct evidence is the defendant’s confession of the state of mind.

He references Zimmerman claiming Martin was on drugs and it was God’s will.

Mantei refers to a homework assignment where Zimmerman writes he wants to “hunt fugitives.”

Mantei mentions the testimony of several people that indicate there was some kind of pursuit that took place.

He mentions Jeantel’s testimony that he heard Martin say “get off.”

He says the circumstantial evidence includes when he mentions he’s with neighborhood watch, but doesn’t say it to Martin.

Mantei says Zimmerman wrote in his statement the dispatcher told him not to follow and understood that.

He says there’s two minutes of blank time in phone records when he says the defendant was unaccounted for.

Mantei says the changing of the meeting location with the police is indicative that he changed his mind.

3:59 p.m.
O’Mara cites another case involving a fight in which a person used his gun to hit another person, but it went off and killed the person.

He says the intent was not there and the action suggested a lack of ill-will, spite and hatred.

He says it is a complicated case for a judgment of acquittal.

He says the state has to disprove a reasonable hypothesis of self-defense.

O’Mara says the state has failed in convincing a second-degree murder charge has any basis.

O’Mara says the picture of his nose cannot be looked out without saying he was punched in the nose.

He says Good’s testimony that it was his client yelling for help supports his statements.

He says Martin had his chance when Good said he was calling 911 and continued to bash Zimmerman.

Judge Nelson lets the state respond.

Richard Mantei says O’Mara has the argument backwards.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:29 pm 

Weasel boy is a pathological liar, this argument is proof of such. He should be forced to sleep with Nelson and Corey for a month.......at the same time!!!!!! :29

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:33 pm 

LondoJowo wrote:
Weasel boy is a pathological liar, this argument is proof of such. He should be forced to sleep with Nelson and Corey for a month.......at the same time!!!!!! :29

Wasn't most of what he said disputed by their own witnesses?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:33 pm 

taurus wrote:
Didn't Nelson recently have a case of hers overturned or am I dreaming.

It was within a few days of her being overturned on the issue of Crump's deposition. If you're interested, I can try to help you find it after the JOA is denied. I mean, argued. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:34 pm 

It just shows how bad that team is - the state mischaracterizes evidence, blatantly mischaracterizes, like 180 degrees.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:35 pm 

Urgent request help needed

I'm in a debate with a traybot.

Early this am on CTH I saw a media release about a meeting to be held on Tues July 9th to discuss the verdict in Sanford.

Now I can't find it over there.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:39 pm 

Regarding the weasel who was still speaking when she sent this:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:40 pm 
ADMIN

4:31 p.m.
Mantei says with everything going one that defendant is lucky as a marksman to shoot straight through the heart.

He says Jon Good even says he never heard or saw blows land.

Mantei asks if Zimmerman’s action was reasonable. He says his attitude and history of what he felt and thought and the actual extent of the injuries

come into question, plus the exaggeration.

He says the final inconsistency is the related account to his best friend.

Mantei says the defendant swore he was attempting to scoot off the sidewalk with Martin’s knees on him, but at the same time Martin notice the firearm and went for it, but the defendant got it and fired.

He says that is an impossibility.

The question he says is really which one was defending themselves.

Mantei cites another case. He says one must first consider if the state has satisfied the standard for the Zimmerman's state of mind. He says he believes they have. The act of using justifiable force is certainly in question.

He says the lesser charge of manslaughter remains.

O'Mara responds that he wants to make sure of his representation of the facts of the Jenkins case.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:42 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:43 pm 

taurus wrote:
Urgent request help needed

I'm in a debate with a traybot.

Early this am on CTH I saw a media release about a meeting to be held on Tues July 9th to discuss the verdict in Sanford.

Now I can't find it over there.

This?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2788 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140  Next